Macbook help needed

Alright so I'm having a problem with my macbook. I start it up and the screen goes white. Nothing happens stays like that until I turn it off. Any ideaswhat it might be? or should I just take it to the Apple store? Inb4windowsisbetter

Is it a gray screen with that wheel things spinning?

If so you need to probably reboot it, thats what I had to do.

try to shut it down

on the restart -- keep your finger on the trigger until you hear it beep

i forget what the technical term is at the moment, but it should reset the pram

yeah I already tried that ultra. Im probably just going to take it in. anybody know long it takes to get it back?

that's too bad. i was gonna say verify your disc permissions after doing that, but if you can't even get to that i'm just as baffled.

i've also read that taking out the battery and resetting the pram in the same way as described above could help

If you take it into an apple store, If its not a hardware problem, you can most likely get it back later that afternoon, hardware problems differ though ifthey don't have what they need in back to fix it or they have to send it to somewhere else it could be a while.

Try this:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.

Your hard drive is DONE. I just had that happen to me and I took to to the Genius Bar to get it fixed. Instead, everything on my hard drive was lost and Ibasically started over "new."

Originally Posted by truestt

Your hard drive is DONE. I just had that happen to me and I took to to the Genius Bar to get it fixed. Instead, everything on my hard drive was lost and I basically started over "new."
Am I safe under applecare with that, and also damn I lose everything
tired.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Same thing happened to me while I was updating my back up hard drive. I was just trying to back up too much at once and my hard drive gave out after it copied20 gigs of data or so. Booted up and got the "?" folder, not much you can do. If you can't get to the store (which is what I had to do)they'll send you a box and you send it out to them. I was covered under apple care for a new hard drive and got it all done in like 3 working days.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Your hard drive is DONE. I just had that happen to me and I took to to the Genius Bar to get it fixed. Instead, everything on my hard drive was lost and I basically started over "new."
tired.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
should have used time machine

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

tired.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Don't trip, I'll send you the Danpat folder if you need it.
roll.gif

Shoot, I just made a post about this... I can't take mine into the store because there's a chance I probably won't get it back. I nee a homeremedy. About to run through you guys' ideas.

EDIT: I think I need the TAKETHEL.gif. This sucks. The weekend before finals and my notes are gone...

jblackcat

what ended up happening to yours???
mines doing the same thing right now.....
ddi you lose everything???

If you start it up and get the folder with the "?" on it then your hard drive is toast and can't be read by the macbook OR you don't haveanything on the hard drive

Back
Top Bottom