Macho Man Dead - Pg 12 | WWE Over The Limit PPV 5/22 Pg 23 - Orton vs Christian, Cena vs Miz

Did anybody watch 'The Voice vs. Hulk Hogan' last night? Pretty good; spoke on Savage a bit, saying Randy was paranoid with people being around Elizabeth and always blamed Hogan for everything negative that happened. Also said Savage currently didn't like to leave his house.

Towards the end of the interview, The Voice was firing off some quick questions and asked, "Who's the best wrestler you've ever worked with?". Without hesitation, Hogan responded "Randy Savage".

Of course, this was filmed far in advance of yesterday's events.

At the end there was a photo of Savage displayed with "In Memory of "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952-2011".

Did anybody watch 'The Voice vs. Hulk Hogan' last night? Pretty good; spoke on Savage a bit, saying Randy was paranoid with people being around Elizabeth and always blamed Hogan for everything negative that happened. Also said Savage currently didn't like to leave his house.

Towards the end of the interview, The Voice was firing off some quick questions and asked, "Who's the best wrestler you've ever worked with?". Without hesitation, Hogan responded "Randy Savage".

At the end there was a photo of Savage displayed with "In Memory of "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952-2011".

Here's the figurine I mentioned in my earlier post
Macho wont stand up by itself, so had to use JYD for support.

34935d37e1f79a0c9613472d00c5ac469a58ed6.jpg

Here's the figurine I mentioned in my earlier post
Macho wont stand up by itself, so had to use JYD for support.

34935d37e1f79a0c9613472d00c5ac469a58ed6.jpg

^Nice figures up there I have those as well. Damn this news sucks so bad Macho was just great. Best promos ever..this guy was just MACHO! "To hot to handle to cold to hold FREAK OUT FREAK OUT".."The spotlight should go on top of me YEAH"..Love ya Macho you will truly be missed..thanks for everything and thanks for getting me pumped up as a child. R.I.P.

^Nice figures up there I have those as well. Damn this news sucks so bad Macho was just great. Best promos ever..this guy was just MACHO! "To hot to handle to cold to hold FREAK OUT FREAK OUT".."The spotlight should go on top of me YEAH"..Love ya Macho you will truly be missed..thanks for everything and thanks for getting me pumped up as a child. R.I.P.

Wikipedia + YouTube is a dangerous combination for wasting hours at a time.  I found this last night. Very cool.

Wikipedia + YouTube is a dangerous combination for wasting hours at a time.  I found this last night. Very cool.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I didn't see the show but hope to catch a future airing.  From the stories I've been hearing and reading in the past 24 hours, Savage was indeed a very paranoid person.   He would literally lock Elizabeth in the dressing room backstage while he wasn't around so no other wrestlers would "mess" with her.
Apparently before the WWF days, while he was working for his father's local promotion (ICW) in the Kentucky area, they were in a very brutal territory war against the Jarretts and Lawler.  Savage was paranoid to the point that he carried a gun with him for protection.  That's why when the Poffo's (Savages) eventually sold their promotion to the Jarretts, no one could believe Savage and Lawler worked a program together.  The two men legitimately hated each other, but agreed to work together for a program that did huge business at the time.

Savage always blamed Hogan and his ex-wife Linda for breaking him and Elizabeth up, which is why he held a grudge against Hogan for so long.

As for Hogan saying Savage was the best wrestler he ever worked with, I definitely believe this to be the case.  Savage will go down as one of the best workers in wrestling history.  He was doing high spots for a man of his size (or any size for that matter) at the time that were unheard of.  He brought the best matches ever out of The Ultimate Warrior which is really saying something.  Even when Savage was well past his prime in WCW, he was still putting on very good matches.

It's very sad that he's gone, and it's also sad to realize we just don't see guys like this anymore.  Today we have big, muscular oafs like Mason Ryan who can barely walk.  None of them have the natural talent and ability to work like a Randy Savage.

Also, I don't know how many of you know this, but Randy was actually a very promising baseball prospect.  He was in the minor league system as a catcher for the St. Louis Cardinals and then the Cincinnati Reds.  He was a great hitter, but realizing his fielding wasn't up to par, he followed in the family business of professional wrestling.  I think he made the right decision.

RIP

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I didn't see the show but hope to catch a future airing.  From the stories I've been hearing and reading in the past 24 hours, Savage was indeed a very paranoid person.   He would literally lock Elizabeth in the dressing room backstage while he wasn't around so no other wrestlers would "mess" with her.
Apparently before the WWF days, while he was working for his father's local promotion (ICW) in the Kentucky area, they were in a very brutal territory war against the Jarretts and Lawler.  Savage was paranoid to the point that he carried a gun with him for protection.  That's why when the Poffo's (Savages) eventually sold their promotion to the Jarretts, no one could believe Savage and Lawler worked a program together.  The two men legitimately hated each other, but agreed to work together for a program that did huge business at the time.

Savage always blamed Hogan and his ex-wife Linda for breaking him and Elizabeth up, which is why he held a grudge against Hogan for so long.

As for Hogan saying Savage was the best wrestler he ever worked with, I definitely believe this to be the case.  Savage will go down as one of the best workers in wrestling history.  He was doing high spots for a man of his size (or any size for that matter) at the time that were unheard of.  He brought the best matches ever out of The Ultimate Warrior which is really saying something.  Even when Savage was well past his prime in WCW, he was still putting on very good matches.

It's very sad that he's gone, and it's also sad to realize we just don't see guys like this anymore.  Today we have big, muscular oafs like Mason Ryan who can barely walk.  None of them have the natural talent and ability to work like a Randy Savage.

Also, I don't know how many of you know this, but Randy was actually a very promising baseball prospect.  He was in the minor league system as a catcher for the St. Louis Cardinals and then the Cincinnati Reds.  He was a great hitter, but realizing his fielding wasn't up to par, he followed in the family business of professional wrestling.  I think he made the right decision.

RIP

RIP Macho. 
During rain delays of Reds games, he would call in to the radio show and talk Reds with Marty Brennaman. 
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
 @ Orton looking like a cheerleader after that RKO. 

RIP Macho. 
During rain delays of Reds games, he would call in to the radio show and talk Reds with Marty Brennaman. 
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
 @ Orton looking like a cheerleader after that RKO. 

amsterdam is right around me, they ran a story on the local news about the event and the bell toll, but the package was predomintelay savage related and they showed him love, it was good to see

amsterdam is right around me, they ran a story on the local news about the event and the bell toll, but the package was predomintelay savage related and they showed him love, it was good to see

Back
Top Bottom