Magic Johnson, your still alive....how?

Originally Posted by Derek916

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Originally Posted by s2kray

magic is doing so well because he has the resources to hire people dedicated to the treatment of his disease ie. tell him to take his meds, eat right, and round the clock doctors should any of his lab work come up weird. if you are on point with your care and constantly following up with your doctor you can live with HIV for a LONG LONG time. trust me, i know. i worked at one of the largest HIV clinics in New York City and some of our patients had the OG HIV from the 80s.
laugh.gif
at you describing HIV as if it were a Jordan.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by King Beef

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

The AIDS cure and vaccinne were both created when the virus was.

Population control.
THIS. Did any of you guys know that people that are descendants from the Black Plauge survivors are immune to AIDS? We have the medical advancements to be able to make a vaccine from their DNA alone.

AIDS isn't hard to cure.
where can i read about this
dudes r making a lot of bold statements with no evidence to back it up
laugh.gif
I read something like this too. I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, though.
Yea and Eastern Europeans have the highest % of the population that still carry the anti-bodies from the plague.
There are plenty of other sources but I just chose the first one I saw
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980510&slug=2749873
that is a weak source
i saw this when i googled it
the article clearly says "paper outlining their hypothesis" dudes saying it like it like it is a widely accepted fact
smh.gif

ugh..I knew this thread would be full of bad science
We have the medical advancements to be able to make a vaccine from their DNA alone.
no we don't...do you even know how vaccines are created?

and the virusmyth crap doesn't even need to be addressed.

Re: Bubonic Plague linked to HIV immunity -
http://www.sciencedaily.c...2003/11/031120074728.htm
Following a 1998 paper that linked the gene deletion with bubonic plague, "bubonic plague had been cited as a classical example of a historical selection pressure acting on a clinically important locus," she said. That classic example now changes, with smallpox replacing the plague.
The gene produces a receptor, called CCR5, that is the main entry port for HIV-1 into T cells and macrophages. While most people around the world have two CCR5 genes or alleles, about 10 percent of Europeans, on average, lack one of the alleles. They thus produce fewer CCR5 receptors, which hinders initial infection by HIV-1 and slows spread within the body once an immune cell has been infected. Those lacking both alleles produce no CCR5 receptor.

Based on a population genetics model, Galvani and Montgomery Slatkin, a UC Berkeley professor of integrative biology, argue that bubonic plague could not have caused such a rapid spread of this genetic mutation throughout Europe. Even though the Black Death pandemic killed off 25-40 percent of all Europeans during its run through the continent between 1346 and 1352, bubonic plague was historically a sporadic disease with an average annual death rate of only a few percent during the 400-year period it afflicted Europe. Transmitted by fleas infesting rats, it killed people of all ages.

Smallpox, on the other hand, was a continuous presence in Europe for 2,000 years, and almost everyone was exposed by direct person-to-person contact. Most people were infected before the age of 10, with the disease's 30 percent mortality rate killing off a large part of the population before reproductive age.

"When you remove children from a population, you remove more of the reproductive potential for the species, compared to losing older people, who are not reproducing," Galvani said.

Other diseases common at the time, including measles, polio, whooping cough, rubella, scarlet fever, chicken pox and influenza, also targeted children, but fatalities were typically only a few percent and could not have exerted strong influence on the frequency of this genetic mutation.

The smallpox virus also has more biological similarities to HIV-1 than does bubonic plague, the authors point out. Plague is a bacterial disease, and there is no evidence that the bacterium, Yersinia pestis, uses the CCR5 receptor in infection. The bacteria actually reproduce outside immune cells.

Smallpox, on the other hand, is a virus based on RNA, just like HIV, she said. And there is some evidence that smallpox, Variola major, uses chemokine receptors like CCR5 to enter cells.

The researchers said the geographic distribution of smallpox also correlates better with the frequencies of the CCR5 deletion in Europe.

Re: Magic's appearance...like I said in an earlier thread
I wonder if any of you guys have ever actually seen a person who is on HAART long term.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Money. They have a cure for HIV and AIDS however, they won't release it for reason I will keep under wraps. Just like the cure for Cancer

speak up
PREACH!!

Magic Johnson may be cured I mean it is 2010 technology in medicine has evolved since 1990. However, my co-worker said he still has it, its just the bestmedicine that he is taking so when he takes an HIV Test, he WILL TEST NEGATIVE since its under control. Something like diabetes I guess.

I still think he is cured.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Money. They have a cure for HIV and AIDS however, they won't release it for reason I will keep under wraps. Just like the cure for Cancer

speak up
PREACH!!

Magic Johnson may be cured I mean it is 2010 technology in medicine has evolved since 1990. However, my co-worker said he still has it, its just the best medicine that he is taking so when he takes an HIV Test, he WILL TEST NEGATIVE since its under control. Something like diabetes I guess.

I still think he is cured.

My pops has HIV ... banker turned crack head .. He has great medicine and now his T cell count is so on point that it goes undetected.

No cure for the common cold, but there's a cure for AIDS? Wise up. Magic Johnson isn't the only survivor of the HIV virus. Forgive me for not makinglight of this topic.

once you have HIV you will always test POSITIVE. your viral load maybe undetectable, but your antibodies to the bug (which is what they test for will still bethere). also even if your undetectable that doesn't mean the HIV isn't there anymore... its just in such small amounts that labs can't pick it up.and btw the drugs that people with HIV take have SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS.

the bubonic plague hypothesis just shows that their finding a CORRELATION with plague survivors to the CCR5 gene mutation. Let me explain. The CCR5 is aco-receptor in your T-cells that HIV uses to attach itself and replicate. The article states that they are finding a higher incidence of mutation in the genethat codes for the CCR5 receptor. If you have a defective CCR5 then the virus has a harder time to infect you.

moral of the story: use a condom and stop shooting up drugs. if we all were good about that then HIV would be no more.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

We have the medical advancements to be able to make a vaccine from their DNA alone.

You do know that the Bubonic Plauge and AIDS are extremely similar right?

People survived the plauge because they had that one mutation 32 Delta or something like that. Test have been done that prove the people that have that geneticmutation are immune to the AIDS virus. We have duplicated mutations like that before I don't see why it can't be done now.

Look up the man who did the test Bill Paxton and the man who was immune to the virus Steve Crohn.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

The AIDS cure and vaccinne were both created when the virus was.

Population control.
THIS. Did any of you guys know that people that are descendants from the Black Plauge survivors are immune to AIDS? We have the medical advancements to be able to make a vaccine from their DNA alone.

AIDS isn't hard to cure.
where can i read about this
dudes r making a lot of bold statements with no evidence to back it up
laugh.gif
I read something like this too. I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, though.
Yea and Eastern Europeans have the highest % of the population that still carry the anti-bodies from the plague.
There are plenty of other sources but I just chose the first one I saw
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980510&slug=2749873
that is a weak source
i saw this when i googled it
the article clearly says "paper outlining their hypothesis" dudes saying it like it like it is a widely accepted fact
smh.gif

Millions of sources out there man I can post plenty more......

http://www.uncwil.edu/smec/gk_fellows/Documents/BubonicPlague.pdf

We watched a PBS show online called Secrets of the Dead. It has and episode on AIDS we watched in school.

Originally Posted by WErunSF

im pretty sure im the 2,000th person that said this. but...... Southpark beat you to this. lol rip thread!
Yeah, great post. Now go sit in a corner or something.

I'm appalled people like seniosoul believe you don't need sources, to know that governments are playing you. How so? Is HIV care impossible to receivein America? IS it not boosting T-cell counts of people? Is the government killing off researchers who study the advancement of HIV vaccine research? All ofthose needs a source.

I'm not medically trained or have any rank in the medical field, but this BS about how the government is +%!#!#@ around with citizens is ridiculous. Havesome sense for things like this. What happened to the H1N1 flu virus? The vaccine was handed out to me free of charge from school, along with being readilyavailable at CVS and Walgreens. Of course the government was trying as hard as it could to prevent the lowly citizens from receiving aid.
eyes.gif

People survived the plauge because they had that one mutation 32 Delta or something like that. Test have been done that prove the people that have that genetic mutation are immune to the AIDS virus. We have duplicated mutations like that before I don't see why it can't be done now.

Look up the man who did the test Bill Paxton and the man who was immune to the virus Steve Crohn.

I actually posted a snippet of the science... did you not even read what I posted?
and no...the Plague and AIDS are nowhere near similar.

and again...we do NOT have the medical advancements to simply "make" an HIV vaccine from the DNA of those people who are immune to HIV infection.
you're just flat out WRONG..period

and please provide examples where such mutations have been duplicated in humans in either somatic or germ line cells.

ugh. please...just pick up a Biology 101 book or something

theres been reports of a cure for aids in south america and africa, dont remember exactly where but there has to be

my mother's friend has had AIDS since i known him ('97) and he's still alive and kicking. and he's not rich by any means - he was bumming at mymom's house for a sec last year. he goes around teaching safe sex seminars and telling his story how he got it. so for 13 years he's had it and i thinkit's been full blown

People survived the plauge because they had that one mutation 32 Delta or something like that. Test have been done that prove the people that have that genetic mutation are immune to the AIDS virus. We have duplicated mutations like that before I don't see why it can't be done now.

I actually posted a snippet of the science... did you not even read what I posted?
and no...the Plague and AIDS are nowhere near similar.

and again...we do NOT have the medical advancements to simply "make" an HIV vaccine from the DNA of those people who are immune to HIV infection.
you're just flat out WRONG..period

and please provide examples where such mutations have been duplicated in humans in either somatic or germ line cells.

ugh. please...just pick up a Biology 101 book or something

I still have my Biology 105 book
laugh.gif
. Should I pick up a 101?

Maybe you should re-read it then.
roll.gif
Seriously. I can't explain the mechanisms on whyHIV/AIDS isn't curable in a detailed manner, but I distinctly learning why in high school biology. People coming in here thinking that they know more thanscientists. I would like to see an intelligent and credible source say that the HIV/AIDS virus is a human synthesized one, because every time its brought upfrom heresay or "common sense"
roll.gif
Or is it all a scheme plannedout by the Illuminati
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sNc magic

roll.gif
Seriously. I can't explain the mechanisms on why HIV/AIDS isn't curable in a detailed manner, but I distinctly learning why in high school biology. People coming in here thinking that they know more than scientists. I would like to see an intelligent and credible source say that the HIV/AIDS virus is a human synthesized one, because every time its brought up from heresay or "common sense"
roll.gif
Or is it all a scheme planned out by the Illuminati
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're being hypocritical. You are acting as if no scientist has ever said there is a cure for AIDS.

Originally Posted by sNc magic

roll.gif
Seriously. I can't explain the mechanisms on why HIV/AIDS isn't curable in a detailed manner, but I distinctly learning why in high school biology. People coming in here thinking that they know more than scientists. I would like to see an intelligent and credible source say that the HIV/AIDS virus is a human synthesized one, because every time its brought up from heresay or "common sense"
roll.gif
Or is it all a scheme planned out by the Illuminati
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're being hypocritical. You are acting as if no scientist has ever said there is a cure for AIDS.
Show me a source scientist that says that there is a cure for AIDS. There is always a possibility for creating a cure, but not with technology ormethods that are known by science at this time.

Back
Top Bottom