MALAYSIA LOSES CONTACT WITH PLANE CARRYING 239

Thats apples to oranges tho.

You're comparing planes to cars. How many planes are in operation in the nation and how many cars are on the streets in the nation? 

If you think this wont affect the airlines at all, you ignant.

its not gonna affect anything, bet on it

You're comparing planes to cars. How many planes are in operation in the nation and how many cars are on the streets in the nation? 

The odds of dying in a car accident are like 1 in 100

The odds of dying on a single plane flight are like 1 in 30 million.
I fact checked this... Very surprised that you were right on with the car accident odds. 
eek.gif
 1 in 100 damn.

However the air travel part is supposedly closer to 1 in 20,000.

i get that more people die everyday in cars..

but theres too many variables to account for. You drive your own car, youre not your own pilot on a plane. A car is more of a NECESSITY oppose to plane. You damn near NEED your car to go about your life everyday. The average cat doesnt NEED to fly. Thats apples to oranges to me.

If you guys think its valid and believe this "new age" hijacking is all gravy. Go ahead and cook fellas.
I think people who are sensible, rational, and have flown before will have a good feeling for the probability of dying in a plane crash.  Those people know they're risking their lives WAY more in a car and they dont even think about it when they get in a car.

Only a very very very small amount of people will avoid flying because of this. Especially if you actually are aware of the odds.

i get that more people die everyday in cars..

but theres too many variables to account for. You drive your own car, youre not your own pilot on a plane. 
Tell that to the millions of people that lost their lives on the road in an accident they didn't cause.

so i literally meant NOBODY will be flying. Ok you got me bro...

Lets get back to comparing planes to cars again.
Lol at you getting mad about use of hyperbole right after you said "If you think this wont affect the airlines at all, you ignant."

In the spectrum of possibilities, there being "no change" because of this is much more likely than the opposite extreme of "Airlines will be dead".

By the end of all of this 9/11 will still have been exponentially more visible as a world event than this plane presumably going down even if it is due to terrorist interaction.  This will have less influence on commuter aviation than 9/11 by a longshot.  
lol i aint mad, b. 

you were shaking your head when the finger was being pointed at the pilot, though.

I fact checked this... Very surprised that you were right on with the car accident odds. 
eek.gif
 1 in 100 damn.

However the air travel part is supposedly closer to 1 in 20,000.
I saw the 1 in 20,000 site as well, I looked up multiple sources they all had different numbers.

1 in 20,000 is taking into considering and averaging out the odds of people who fly damn near every day.

but for a single air plane flight your chances are 1 in 30 million

now if you're someone who flies ever single day or something , then yea your odds will be closer to 1 in 20,000 which still beats 1 in 100.

but people who fly that frequently dont even worry like that, the people who will probably fear this for just a couple seconds will be infrequent flyers whose odds are closer to that 1 in 30 million.

Last edited:
Historically, people haven't let these types of transportation disasters deter them before. Every second in the world people have places to be. They don't let things like this get to them. I don't see any effect on volume of passengers even in the short run.

It's not even like ppl are doing a cost benefit analysis on deciding whether the fly or not. It's just human nature. People are gonna do what they've been doing. Moneylicious, you live in LA. LAX gonna be the same nightmare no matter what

Last edited:
LOL at "new age of hijacking".

Go look at hijacking numbers from the '70s and '80s.  the '00s and even with this the '10s got NOTHING on those decades.

Sorry but air travel will simply adapt just the way it has every other time something bad has happened in the air.

NT! Where you state your position and refuse to reconsider regardless of the evidence presented proving otherwise.

LOL at "new age of hijacking".

Go look at hijacking numbers from the '70s and '80s.  the '00s and even with this the '10s got NOTHING on those decades.

Sorry but air travel will simply adapt just the way it has every other time something bad has happened in the air.

Yup. Planes used to get hijacked on the regular back in the day. It was always someone seeking asylum somewhere. They'd divert the plane, assure the passengers' safety, peace out, then the plane would gone onto its scheduled destination.

Last edited:
Are you saying a rich dude cant enjoy a mozzarella stick grilled cheese and cookie dough sundae at Friendly's?

so i literally meant NOBODY will be flying. Ok you got me bro...

Lets get back to comparing planes to cars again.
Lol at you getting mad about use of hyperbole right after you said "If you think this wont affect the airlines at all, you ignant."

In the spectrum of possibilities, there being "no change" because of this is much more likely than the opposite extreme of "Airlines will be dead".

By the end of all of this 9/11 will still have been exponentially more visible as a world event than this plane presumably going down even if it is due to terrorist interaction.  This will have less influence on commuter aviation than 9/11 by a longshot.  
lol i aint mad, b. 

you were shaking your head when the finger was being pointed at the pilot, though.

so? whats that have to do with you thinking no one is gonna travel anymore? its not even gonna go down 1%.

U guys think airlines won't take a hit if terrorists are this advanced? Lol

Come on, security got beefed the f up after 9/11 giving ppl confidence to continue flying. But if terrorist can fly off radar without ANY trace or alert that something went down on the plane..that'll give u confidence to keep flying? Lol OK
Exactly same thing I was about to say

The odds of dying in a car accident are like 1 in 100

The odds of dying on a single plane flight are like 1 in 30 million.
Yea bit with a car i can somewhat control my fate, if your in a plane RIP, nothing you can do

For those who think a crashed aircraft "should have been found by now"...

MgU1QDI.jpg
Half of that area we can cross out. If it crashed in inner and we would know because people would see, as far as land go only the outter border matters really

The ocean shouldnt be hard... They had 55 boats 55 planes search and that is alot. Plane been missing for 1 week. 55 boats 55planes 14 countries should had been able to search the water area within 1 week

lets not forget about the currents in the ocean. this damn plane could be hundreds of miles away from the crash site, if it crashed.

why would they go through all the trouble to be undetected just to crash it?

why would they go through all the trouble to be undetected just to crash it?
it's not about them being undetected. It's about the airline not keeping track of it's plain.

If there was something nefarious taking place they should have known day of, it went undetected because the airline was incompetent.

Last edited:
I think it was stolen.

Imagine if someone landed this safely, made it into a giant dirty bomb and used it as a weapon..

What if they loaded it with 400 militants all strapped with RPGs and fully autos. They bring it down somewhere like Central Park and all the militants scatter and turn the surrounding areas into a war zone. Also, all of them are strapped with a bomb, so if they get cornered or in trouble, they can push the button...

If the pings that the engines send could be disabled, they could be very dangerous, because them they wouldn't even know it was flying..

It's crazy. They could just dive bomb into the Taj Mahal..

Back
Top Bottom