Man shot and killed over a parking space in Florida VOL....STAND YOUR GROUND?

That stand your ground crap is corny because it gives people an avenue to get ballsy and provoke confrontations that they wouldn’t have provoked if they weren’t armed and/or didn’t think they would be able to get away with due to stand your ground.

After the confrontation starts and the other side puts hands on them, they want to shoot and hide behind stand your ground.

It’s one thing if your life really is in danger to protect yourself (which clearly wasn’t the case here) But to run your mouth, act hostile, provoke a confrontation only to pull a gun out after you get the energy you were looking for is disgusting.

These laws were written with intentional subjectivity....... cus..... ya know

I don’t know why you guys are debating over “I would do.... if ....”

Here’s what happened HERE. A man who was ALREADY KNOWN for shooting for no reason killed a man over a parking spot. A spot in which there’s literally 6-7 more OPEN SPOTS in the footage. This man was ALLOWED to do this several times with NO problem. Now it’s finally got to the point where a man lost his life and he’s being protected by a subjective law. All previous warning signs ignored

Anything else anyone would like to add to defend?

Last edited:
That stand your ground crap is corny because it gives people an avenue to get ballsy and provoke confrontations that they wouldn’t have provoked if they weren’t armed and/or didn’t think they would be able to get away with due to stand your ground.

After the confrontation starts and the other side puts hands on them, they want to shoot and hide behind stand your ground.

It’s one thing if your life really is in danger to protect yourself (which clearly wasn’t the case here) But to run your mouth, act hostile, provoke a confrontation only to pull a gun out after you get the energy you were looking for is disgusting.

it really is messed up law. Just like TM was stalked and when he went to defend himself the stand your ground law came into effect only if TM could of been legally packing maybe the outcome would of been different.

what law did the shooter break Is this premeditated murder? Or something else? How would you classify this?

the only thing you can do is act within the law and protect yourself until these laws are fixed. Better off not putting hands on people just never know the outcome.

it really is messed up law. Just like TM was stalked and when he went to defend himself the stand your ground law came into effect only if TM could of been legally packing maybe the outcome would of been different.

what law did the shooter break Is this premeditated murder? Or something else? How would you classify this?

the only thing you can do is act within the law and protect yourself until these laws are fixed. Better off not putting hands on people just never know the outcome.

The owner of the store already said he’s been in the parking lot picking fights. Notice in the video the gun was loaded and ready to fire. There’s was no turning off of the safety. He just pulled it out and fired. What kinda person walks around with the safety off? Thugs?

if you live in a state where "stand your ground" laws exist.....

and you run up and push an old white man over an argument....

you gotta take that L

The owner of the store already said he’s been in the parking lot picking fights. Notice in the video the gun was loaded and ready to fire. There’s was no turning off of the safety. He just pulled it out and fired. What kinda person walks around with the safety off? Thugs?

But even if someone is picking fights you yourself are still in control of the situation you don't have to give in to the instigation. But its really hard not to when its your wife and plus the fact she prego.

sad situation all around.

But there are people who carry chambered rounds them are the ones to shoot themselves.

Pretty soon we'll probably catch them watching LeBron and Shane Battier flop compilations, so they can claim they feared for their life.

Even still 2 wrongs don't make a right(which is pretty much the opposite of what this law says).

You push me, I kill you. Come on now. I hope the Supreme court can pick this up or something.

The only way I'll accept this is if white people make an official statement stating they are physically inferior to black people in everyway and black people's physical attacks could easily kill them.

Yea, I said that.

I feel sorry for any man that blindly rushes to the defense of a woman that 8s not clearly in danger... that in itself is setting you up for failure because women are known to instigate **** and want someone else to do their dirty work.

With that being said... the shooter obviously instigated but not to the point where it became physical. Ol' girl should have rolled the window up and ignored dude. Worst case scenario, he should have asked his wife what was going on, told her to get back in the car... told the other he's a ***** and left.

For all you guys trying to justify putting hands on someone for arguing with a family member... remember this case. This is America and we have freedom of speech, so expect people to pop off at the mouth even more than with their guns, but ultimately there is a huge difference between a verbal altercation and a physical one, and I've never seen a word or combination of words directly end someone's life outside of a court room.

Not a single firearms instructor worth their weight would tell you to carry an unloaded weapon ...

There is certainly a fringe debate about this, but the common CC holder will have one chambered ... You want immediate access to your weapon and fire as quickly as possible ... Also, as instructed, you shoot to neutralize the threat, i.e. center mass ... Unfortunately, we saw perfect firearm fundamentals on this video ... Imperfect situation ...

With the stand your ground law written as is EVERY black person of age should have a concealed carry permit in Florida. No reason for black people not to be on their 2nd Ammendment game in Florida......no reason.

It's a lose-lose though. If you're black and you do "stand your ground," judge/jury just gonna turn around and convict you on some "you took it too far" B/S.

It's a lose-lose though. If you're black and you do "stand your ground," judge/jury just gonna turn around and convict you on some "you took it too far" B/S.

Ain't no lose-lose champ. As the saying goes "I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6". As you see white people have no problem obtaining a conceal and carry permit, black people should do the same in masses and buy up every gun we can. We need to learn how to stand our ground as well and take out any potential threat that comes our way. Stop living your life in fear.

Not a single firearms instructor worth their weight would tell you to carry an unloaded weapon ...

There is certainly a fringe debate about this, but the common CC holder will have one chambered ... You want immediate access to your weapon and fire as quickly as possible ... Also, as instructed, you shoot to neutralize the threat, i.e. center mass ... Unfortunately, we saw perfect firearm fundamentals on this video ... Imperfect situation ...

Do they teach you to keep the safety off?

Ain't no lose-lose champ. As the saying goes "I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6". As you see white people have no problem obtaining a conceal and carry permit, black people should do the same in masses and buy up every gun we can. We need to learn how to stand our ground as well and take out any potential threat that comes our way. Stop living your life in fear.

I was implying that the lose-lose situation is either you get assaulted by someone with a weapon or choose to defend yourself with a weapon and subsequently face the inherent racism within the justice system. Lose-lose.

Better off getting these stand your ground laws repealed and tighten gun regulations than to start playing cowboys and indians with armed white folks.

Do they teach you to keep the safety off?
Safetys on pistols are not like rifles or shotguns ...

For instance, trigger pressure and palm depression are the "safetys" on my Springfield ... Literally holding the gun properly and pulling the trigger normally and simultaneously fires the weapon ... Glocks do not have safetys ... In fact, very few CC pistols have dual action ...

I was implying that the lose-lose situation is either you get assaulted by someone with a weapon or choose to defend yourself with a weapon and subsequently face the inherent racism within the justice system. Lose-lose.

Better off getting these stand your ground laws repealed and tighten gun regulations than to start playing cowboys and indians with armed white folks.

Well in order to get the stand your ground laws repealed black people are going to have to stop being politically naive (shout out to @Maximus Meridius), have an agenda and go out and vote. In the meantime in between time go out and get a concealed carry permit, purchase a gun quick fast and in a hurry and stand your ground against these white terrrorists out here. Folks need to stop acting like white people are the only ones that win in the court house. It happens more often then you think....just have to have your business in order and have clear representation.

10000000%

Safetys on pistols are not like rifles or shotguns ...

For instance, trigger pressure and palm depression are the "safetys" on my Springfield ... Literally holding the gun properly and pulling the trigger normally and simultaneously fires the weapon ... Glocks do not have safetys ... In fact, very few CC pistols have dual action ...

Glocks have 3 passive safety features. One is a pressure feature like on your Springfield, needs a direct pull on the trigger + trigger safety. I believe it's part of why the majority of police carry them, if you want it to shoot it's going to shoot without you having to make that extra movement after drawing under duress.

The safety on my Taurus is a lot like the one on my rifle too.

Glocks have 3 passive safety features. One is a pressure feature like on your Springfield, needs a direct pull on the trigger + trigger safety. I believe it's part of why the majority of police carry them, if you want it to shoot it's going to shoot without you having to make that extra movement after drawing under duress.

The safety on my Taurus is a lot like the one on my rifle too.
Yeah, I didn't want to get into the nuance but most pistols have a "if I drop it, **** wont fire" safety, but the Springfield is visible ... I have a competition trigger on my glock so honestly don't remember what the stock trigger was like ... I think they switched with gen 4 but could be mistaken ...

Do you have a double action Taurus?

Yeah, I didn't want to get into the nuance but most pistols have a "if I drop it, **** wont fire" safety, but the Springfield is visible ... I have a competition trigger on my glock so honestly don't remember what the stock trigger was like ... I think they switched with gen 4 but could be mistaken ...

Do you have a double action Taurus?

Ah okay, got it. And no, been checking out the P99C but haven't had a chance to try one out.

I feel sorry for any man that blindly rushes to the defense of a woman that 8s not clearly in danger... that in itself is setting you up for failure because women are known to instigate **** and want someone else to do their dirty work.

With that being said... the shooter obviously instigated but not to the point where it became physical. Ol' girl should have rolled the window up and ignored dude. Worst case scenario, he should have asked his wife what was going on, told her to get back in the car... told the other he's a ***** and left.

For all you guys trying to justify putting hands on someone for arguing with a family member... remember this case. This is America and we have freedom of speech, so expect people to pop off at the mouth even more than with their guns, but ultimately there is a huge difference between a verbal altercation and a physical one, and I've never seen a word or combination of words directly end someone's life outside of a court room.

as stated, many dont know the difference between defending yourself and retaliation

many would call putting hands on the white dude self defense or defending himself

Back
Top Bottom