Mannnnn The patriots are going undefeated again.. SMH

On paper the Patriots look damn near unstoppable. But please keep in mind the Pats still have questions and most of the questions surround Tom Brady. Teamswill be definitely bringing the pressure on Brady to test out that knee of his and his progress has been somewhat kept under wraps for the most part.

I look for the Patriots to have another very good season. But there's no guarantee that with all of that talent they will gel.....being case in point wouldbe the Dallas Cowboys. I admit the Patriots are definitely the winningest team of the past decade but I'm not ready to annoint this team as best team ofthe upcoming season....

Ya'll can. I'm not.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

Here's the thing about the patriots. The signings of these older FA's signifies that this really is a superbowl-or-bust season

Also, just imagine how scary this offense could be with a healthy laurence maroney and sammy morris (who is a VITAL part of this team) and a ben watson who played up to his potential. Ben Watson has all the tools to be one of the best TE's in football but the man has a serious case of butterfingers. But I think he'll have a bounce back yr with all the defense's attention focused on moss, welker, and galloway (if you don't think galloway has at least one good season left in him, then you just haven't been watching football). He was hurrt last yr which limited him but the man can still motor.
laugh.gif
Joey Galloway will turn 38 this season do you reallythink he'll get better this year. He was good in 2007. He's probably hit a wall the best I think you can expect from him this year is maybe 25 catchesand 400 yds and 4 tds. If he gets that you should very happy.

Also y'all need to stop acting like Maroney is a good feature back. He might be able to turn out 800 yds this year. Thats only if he's spliitingcarries with Sammy Morris and the offense is hitting on all cylinders.

^^ people was saying the same thing about moss... but with a good team in the locker room, and on the field.. a lot of things can change for players..

lol the man wasnt comparing moss to galloway as individual players, he was referring to the age factor when moss first came to the pats, although he was a fewyears younger than galloway is at this point.

No one is saying galloway is the savior for this offense, but corners in this league still have to respect the speed. your opinion may not be wrong once theseason is over, but to say the man will only catch 25 passes? Cmon now...

The Patriots are easily the favorite to win it all....and i could see them making a run at 19-0. The main deficiencies they had last year were their secondary(most specifically CB play....Word to Deltha Oneal), their uncharacteristically absent pass rush, and the lack of consistency along the offensive line. In theoffseason they brought in Shawn Springs, Leigh bodden (Two corners who i think are both better corners in coverage than ellis hobbs, they also bring goodsize...Something the patriots havent had as their tallest corner is 5'10) in addition to getting Terrnce wheatly back from injury. They traded away vrable,and therefore still have a hole at olb but expect them to use a couple of their picks on that postion. Also alot of people forget about Shawn Crable, theypicked him in the fourth round last year and were said to be high on him until he got injured...look for him to be a factor. While the patriots in the pasthave built through the draft dont rule out a free agent signing or two before the draft...they are said to be very intrested in jason taylor. Talyor could be aDANGEROUS addition, the season he won DPOY was the only season he's ever played in a 3-4 and Belicheck has been know to get the most out of hisplayers....especially if they come from a division rival (See Wes Welker). Questions about Tom Brady are ridiculous, he's had more than enough time torecover (Reports are that he is already practicing) besides u thin BB would trade cassle without being sure that Brady would be ready for 09....Besides i haveheard good things about Kevin O'Connel, and trust that BB always has a back up plan....just look at the team around him. As far as ppl who think it isSuperbowl or bust...Yes Wilfork and Seymor are free agents after this year (But dont forget that there is a very good posibility that the next year goesuncapped) and while i think they will try to retain them both, in the past they always been able to find new players that will step in and produce, plus lookfor them to add depth at those positions with all the picks they have this year.

In conclusion, there are teams that look good on paper but dont really make that transition to the feild, but i dont think this is true for BB's teams, hegets prodution out of his players. Couple that with the fact that he has a 1st, 3 2nd's, 3 3rd's, 2 4th's, and a pick in each of the last threerounds the patriots could be SCARY. They also have several players coming back off injury...people forget how injury riddled their last season was.

I am a TEXANS FAN if anyone was wondering

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

lol the man wasnt comparing moss to galloway as individual players, he was referring to the age factor when moss first came to the pats, although he was a few years younger than galloway is at this point.

No one is saying galloway is the savior for this offense, but corners in this league still have to respect the speed. your opinion may not be wrong once the season is over, but to say the man will only catch 25 passes? Cmon now...

So seriously how many catches do you think Galloway will have this year?
laugh.gif

and i could see them making a run at 19-0

Come on do you guys really think they can go 19-0. That year was just near perfect year were everything just fit together. People have seen Brady to Moss andwhile I'm not saying they will stop it,the Brady to Moss connection will not be better than it was in 2007.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

MJKIDD2345 wrote:
Hopefully Peppers will also go to the Pats.

Why would you speak such atrocities
tired.gif
smh.gif

oh hella naw. I could barely stand my boi Randy Moss in a Pats jersey, if i see my other boi Peppers there too. I'm going to be
mad.gif

NE, turning average role players into pro bowlers annually. i hate all players on their team that were nothing before this and all of a sudden "care"when they go to NE

Joey Galloway will turn 38 this season do you really think he'll get better this year. He was good in 2007. He's probably hit a wall the best I think you can expect from him this year is maybe 25 catches and 400 yds and 4 tds. If he gets that you should very happy.

wow... you are seriously kidding yourself if you think joey galloway is only good for 25 and 400 in a tom brady offense.. Galloway is STILL very fast and veryquick.. even at his age.. dude is a freak of nature.. And he's gonna be lined up against nickel's and LB's.. SMH

But i do agree about the pats needing more pass rushers.. but obviously they will address that in the draft will all those high picks..

laugh.gif
at all Maroney's youtube videos being Madden or Fantasy Footbally Profiles.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

galloway will be lined up wide so wes can work the slot against nickelbacks and LB'ers...regardless, im interested to see what galloway can still do for us

Back
Top Bottom