Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

Stanford player tweet

Matthew Masifilo ‏@MMasifilo
Got to believe Te'o was the victim here. He would always ask us if we knew his mystery girl after we'd play them....

Can't wait to see First Take, PTI and Around The Horn tomorrow to see how they discuss this. Very weird story, but it really speaks to this strange social media/sports world we live in now days. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later

Stanford player tweet

Got to believe Te'o was the victim here. He would always ask us if we knew his mystery girl after we'd play them....

Hope this is the case. I feel bad/weird about this whole thing :lol:

Can't wait to see First Take, PTI and Around The Horn tomorrow to see how they discuss this. Very weird story, but it really speaks to this strange social media/sports world we live in now days. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later

PTI talked about it today, right off the bat. Granted, it was before a lot of other info had come out. I'd suggest listening to Kornheiser's radio show tomorrow. They will talk about it in depth.

This story is just crazy. To be honest, I just want to let the facts come to light before making any judgments. I actually do believe Notre Dame's version of the story as of now...but am aware of the fact there is a lot more to this.

This is hands down the weirdest sports story ever....you got media folks across the board trying to figure this thing out...teo just need to come clean

29906170001_2099162816001_thumb-0336e7a40d90d102260f6a70670085f2_r882_c880x495.jpg

View media item 221583
2807334_o.gif

Phony.gif

phoney.gif

PHONY+2012.+This+cause+is+phony.+Kony+ran+away+from+uganda_7bb860_3439768.jpg

"We were very conscious of the fact that we didn't know what we didn't know." -Jack Swarbrick

Stanford player tweet

Matthew Masifilo

Hometown:
Ewa Beach, HI

:lol: How come all the people coming forward to defend him are Samoans? Seems like they're just trying to look out for their fellow brother..

Last edited:
Stanford player tweet

Matthew Masifilo

Hometown:
Ewa Beach, HI

:lol: How come all the people coming forward to defend him are Samoans? Seems like they're just trying to look out for their fellow brother..

Lmaooo yea it do seem like they're trying to protect him

So I was trying to explain this story to my gf..... Smh. I failed miserably.

Last edited:
Honestly the girl could be real that doesn't necessarily mean that the person running those accounts was her though

Last edited:
:lol: @ the Seinfeld ep.

Story is extremely strange. Like everyone seems to be saying, Teo could be...

A. Hiding something. Perhaps it's his sexuality, but seems like far more work than necessary.
B. A creep looking for publicity/sympathy/fame.
C. Dumb as dirt.

Regardless, great bit of reporting by Deadspin.

Back
Top Bottom