Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

Those pics are hilarious now that someone mentioned all of his missed tackles being attributed to him really hugging his girlfriend. :lol:

So this "relationship" went on for 3 YEARS.....3 YEARS. How you get played for 3 years? I can see somebody getting played 5 or 6 moths online but 3 years.... Nah I'm not buying it.
you have obviously never seen catfish on mtv..

This. However, he's a star college athlete. He has to have girls throwing themselves at him around campus and at home.

You ******** are sick. I sure hope no fictional people in your life ever die.

View media item 221896

[quote name="lobotomybeats"]You ******** are sick. I sure hope no fictional people in your life ever die.[/quote]Actually, I have every right to laugh about this. My best friend is imaginary.

After sleeping this over and giving it some more thought, I think it's clear now what happened. Here are the key components.

1) Te'o has a personality disorder. Specifically, he is a fraud. A hollow, shallow excuse for a man. We all know people like him. They exaggerate and lie frequently. They have some charisma, which allows them to get away with it... most of the time. I would say he even believes some of his lies. You can tell by his voice and how he talks in interviews. I'm sure he reminds each of you of some turd in your life.

2) This probably started innocently. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo may have created a fake online account to mess with Te'o. Normal enough. We've all considered doing this as a prank to a friend at some point. Te'o may have fallen for it for a while. If he had been sheltered and suddenly this perfect girl enters his life, I could see him falling for her and then embellishing the details when recounting the story to friends. If she was the first girl he'd fallen for, I can see the attachment being strong enough that Te'o would believe the lie and overlook inconsistencies for an extended period of time. As an aside, Ronaiah also strikes me as someone with issues. He comes across as the typical douchey high school/college football player.

3) At some point, Te'o found out, and Ronaiah convinced him to make the most of it. He may have told him that it is too embarrassing to confess the truth and, instead, they should use the lie to their own benefit.

There is no way that Te'o is innocent in this.

Also, this story is not at all surprising when you consider a) the number of pathological liars out there, b) the number of internet trolls out there willing to lie about stuff for a minute of e-fame (now imagine them on a national stage vying for a heisman), and c) the piece of #@%@# we call the media, willing to accept a story without fact-checking (kind of like season 5 of the wire).

edit: I think there's also a chance that Te'o is borderline mentally challenged. That's the only way I could see him as being a "victim" in all this. It would explain most things. However, if this were the case, one of his coaches or teammates would have mentioned his handicap by now.

Last edited:
So this "relationship" went on for 3 YEARS.....3 YEARS. How you get played for 3 years? I can see somebody getting played 5 or 6 moths online but 3 years.... Nah I'm not buying it.

Nope. Either he's just as dumb as those people or he's fake as hell. 3 years and you never met the girl, that's some weird ****.

Man I don't want to believe this guy was in on it, but how do you go out with a girl for so long and never see her once! Not once! I mean the girl gets in a bad accident, and then gets leukemia and he still doesn't go see her!? Hell there's even skype.

And didn't he supposedly meet her after a game at Stanford?

But lets say you've never seen one movement of her in your life, how does someone like that get to mean so much to you and you carry that for 3 years?

:lol: at some of these articles I'm reading. :rofl: :rofl:

Notre Dame's response has been GOLDEN.

1. Play along with the storyline during the bowl week even though you admit you knew then it was a hoax. Reep the continued accolades from your media fluffing partners.
2. When finally caught hold a press conference where the A.D. is in tears. No really I just wrote that. A grown man was in tears.
3. Have all school parties say Te'o has zero responsibility in any of this.
4. (Per TMZ) tell entire staff at Notre Dame if anyone is caught speaking on this subject to the national media they are going to be basically fired.

Beyond that, Notre Dame reminds me of Penn State. These programs crack me up because of the control we allow them to have.

A lot of people need to be looking at themselves in the mirror today beyond Mant Te'o. :x

I also agree that he's obviously going to drop but it won't be as far as most think. This is a league with 32 teams thinking they are smarter than everyone else and a league where a team traded a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to move into the first round to draft a QB out of Florida who can't throw.

You ******** are sick. I sure hope no fictional people in your life ever die.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
:lol: at some of these articles I'm reading. :rofl: :rofl:

Notre Dame's response has been GOLDEN.

1. Play along with the storyline during the bowl week even though you admit you knew then it was a hoax. Reep the continued accolades from your media fluffing partners.
2. When finally caught hold a press conference where the A.D. is in tears. No really I just wrote that. A grown man was in tears.
3. Have all school parties say Te'o has zero responsibility in any of this.
4. (Per TMZ) tell entire staff at Notre Dame if anyone is caught speaking on this subject to the national media they are going to be basically fired.

Beyond that, Notre Dame reminds me of Penn State. These programs crack me up because of the control we allow them to have.

A lot of people need to be looking at themselves in the mirror today beyond Mant Te'o. :x

I also agree that he's obviously going to drop but it won't be as far as most think. This is a league with 32 teams thinking they are smarter than everyone else and a league where a team traded a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to move into the first round to draft a QB out of Florida who can't throw.
This is why I hate college football and the entire atmosphere it has.

90% of it is frauds. Whether it's Penn State or frauds like Te'o or frauds like the multitude of Heisman and National Championship winners who were worthless in the NFL. The bigger the program, the bigger the crowds, the bigger the frauds and the douchery.

Let's not forget too that the BCS and the whole national title thing is a fraud, and the amount of money that everyone else makes off the kids is also a fraud.

Last edited:
[quote name="lobotomybeats"]:Lennay

Damn, the Lennay emoticon isn't showing up[/quote]bahahaHAHAHA!

Nope. Either he's just as dumb as those people or he's fake as hell. 3 years and you never met the girl, that's some weird ****.
he said he did and so did the parents, plus the Cards LB said he met her before Te'O even knew her, so the fake girlfriend and guy have probably been scamming people for money or whatever.  

Last edited:
Also, has the question been asked on why he didn't attend his "girlfriend's" funeral??

Tim Burke talking about the story. Very interesting. Especially when he talks about the people he talked to that were closest to the story and how they had no contact with these "private investigators" that Notre Dame said that they used.

Back
Top Bottom