Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

I have no idea how Manti can explain:

- 'Meeting her' at the Stanford game.

- Brian Teo saying she would come to Hawaii.

- Phone conversations

- Did you hear from her family when she was in the hospital/died? Pete Thamel's story says he did. So?

All the other stuff, yeah...I guess you can play it off and say you dated a girl online and never met her. But there's other holes in the story that just do not add up. And I can't believe Notre Dame not only got involved - but backed him 100%.

Heard dude is gay and made up a girlfriend too avoid speculation and a girl wit a sickness for self promo and self reverence. Makes sense, but the lie prolly grew outta control (as usual)

*Also...don't doubt for a minute as to how long ND's reach is. Even if they reach out to the Nev guy from Catfish, you don't know how much the school would pay him to keep his damn mouth shut and portray Manti as a victim. There is something being covered up here. It's blatantly obvious, but it's being spun in a different way.
Viacom is worth billions of dollars. ND doesnt have enough money to even try and keep dude mouth shut.

Well the person behind the girlfriends twitter account tweets that they are going to speak about all of this in a couple hours...cant wait

I can't remember which ESPN reporter it was but when she died he wanted to do a story on her and he requested pics and contact to her parents to do a story and Manti just made excuses

What I can't wrap my head around is how this dude was talking about how he was talking to his "gf" like 8 hours a day and falling asleep on the phone with her. Was he actually talking to some female? Likely not. Dude pretty much started fabricating all this stuff and is still trying to play it off like he was duped. I seriously think this dude is mentally challenged in some way, like a sociopath.

The fact that Manti and ND are trying to portray him as a victim as if he wasn't in on it makes no sense. 3 years and you have never seen the girl? Claiming you have been talking on the phone with her but she doesn't exist? I doubt some random broad would dedicate hours a day out of her life to sit and talk on the phone to play out a prank. And even if so, there would be phone records and this chick would have probably been found by now. They aren't fooling anyone.

Anyone else looking forward to the "30 on 30" on this story in a few years?

Last edited:
To be honest I think Manti and his friend who made the fake twiiter acount are gay. I think they made it up as there own little way to communicate to each other in public. I think that when Manti spoke of losing his "Girlfired" he was really spaking of losing his boyfriend. It got blown out of proportion and he just ran with the story.

Think dude is lying. Fell in love with a online chick you never met or touched? IDK....maybe in 2000 but this 2013.
Didn't they supposedly had been in a relationship for a few years?

Such a stupid story doe, dude taking a L either way.

Last edited:
BAxqmLoCIAArlGZ.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can't remember which ESPN reporter it was but when she died he wanted to do a story on her and he requested pics and contact to her parents to do a story and Manti just made excuses

Yup, Gene Wojciechowski. He said this last night:

Deadspin:

ESPN senior columnist Gene Wojciechowski went on SportsCenter tonight and explained what happened with his Te'o story, which aired in October. Wojciechowski says he couldn't find an obituary for Lennay Kekua. He also couldn't find any records about a car accident. Obvious red flags. So why didn't Wojciechowski push further? Because Te'o told him to back off.

"And so in that instance, and at that moment, you simply think that you have to respect those wishes," said Wojciechowski.

Here's what Wojciechowski said tonight:

Well, I sat across from him and I was moved by his story and it was heartbreaking and heartwarming and as it turns out totally untrue. But short of asking to see a death certificate, I'm not sure what most people would do differently in that case. But in researching it before I wrote the script, I remember trying to find an obituary for his girlfriend and could not. And couldn't find any record of this car accident. But we asked Manti, could we contact Lennay's family and he said the family would prefer not to be contacted. Could we have some photos of Lennay? He said the family would prefer not to provide those. And so in that instance, and at that moment, you simply think that you have to respect those wishes. But in retrospect, you can see where some of those things simply were not adding up to make sense. Easy to say now. At the time it never enters your mind somebody was involved in that kind of hoax

Todd Jones@Todd_Jones

Te'o told she wasn't real Dec. 6. Te'o said Dec. 8: "I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer."

I think if the feelings were real to him then that would be enough to convince the girl was real to HIM. I mean look at the people on Catfish who are emotionally attached to the Catfish that they starting crying when they find out they aren't real.

Last edited:
Anyone else looking forward to the "30 on 30" on this story in a few years?

We got to see how this and his career plays out but it still will probably be on point regardless. I'm wondering if MTV will rush to air a Catfish special on this in the very near future.

This. However, he's a star college athlete. He has to have girls throwing themselves at him around campus and at home.

stop it b, he's a mormon, you know he a virgin saving himself for the right non-existant woman

:lol: :lol: Well played.

Back
Top Bottom