Many Saints of Newark - Sopranos prequel

Because people who knew that was before the movie :lol:

Let’s ignore the big font that takes up half the poster too

Literally none of that has anything to do with the fact that the plot of the movie centered around Dickie Moltisanti. That wasn't hidden. The poster literally says "Who Made Tony Soprano" with the actor paying Dickie Moltisanti on it. That's literally what the film is about. The guy who made Tony Soprano.

I understand if you only saw that one trailer, but even in that trailer...after the first minute and some change...how do you not see that and think the plot isn't about Alessandro Nivola's character? His name even gets top billing in the trailer you showed me.

OBVIOUSLY, James Gandolfini's son is a draw and Tony Soprano is the most recognizable name in the franchise...but if you saw/read anything about the movie from the jump it should have been obvious that while serving as a Tony Soprano origin story...the literal plot centered around his main influence...Dickie.

But hey...maybe big red font was enough to make people think Tony/Michael Gandolfini was the lead in this movie.

So the first time you saw that poster without having read any cast/background info you knew that half of a face was Dickie?

I’m sure

thought the movie was fine and i enjoyed it
hopefully, this leads to another movie where we get more into young tony and his side of the family

They didn't set up anything if this flops, which it did.

but they might get by making HBO Max the excuse.

And I don't think enough people liked this where it would be a huge demand for another. Maybe direct to HBO Max.

With any and everything getting a green light as a series now that there are all these streaming platforms it's hard to believe they couldn't of done this a series.

maybe i cant remember all the details of the series but Junior putting the hit on Dickie had me shook :lol:

when Junior slipped even i started bustin up laughin :lol:

why did Tony tell Chris it was the cop that did it then? i mean, in theory i guess it could have been him that actually did the hit…

Most of us expected a Godfather part 2 type of story with Tony Soprano

Most of you clearly didn’t understand the title of the movie then and set yourself up with unrealistic expectations. This story needed to be told and it gave us a good look into Tony before he becomes a sociopath. It only makes sense that we will get a follow up to this movie and the primary focus will be Tony, especially since we have an actor that not only can pull it off, but looks exactly like a young Tony.

For as good and multi-layered the show was i'm surprised at how easy it is sway folks who say they were fans with this little diddy.

This was pretty good coming from someone who hasn't finished the Sopranos show at all lol.

Damn De Rossi was so ******* fine in this.

Didn't know my boy Odom Jr. was basically co-starring in this and this would be a story partly focusing on some black ppl.

I liked it. I get the criticism, but I felt there could be more. I wouldn’t count Chase out off this movie. It’s his first, to my knowledge, and I think a Tony prequel would hit harder.

The movie just didn’t do it all the way for me - wish it was more.

Explain a lot about Junior - dude is mad grimey.

Heard that ‘Gomorrah’ series was an epic mob series.

Very lackluster. Then it ended abrubtly. It answered some questions, but then opened a bunch of other ones. Silvio looked old as hell. Tony was 2 years younger than Sil, yet Silvio looked very old in the movie.

Chase needs to focus on his little passion projects and hand off the spinoff show to other writers

3/4 of the way into this and it’s a snoozer. Main positives are all the tie-ins w/ the series. The story here is wild disjointed and uninteresting though.

5/8 would never watch again.

Back
Top Bottom