March Wrestling Thread/April Thread will be up on the second /WM Week

Harajuku was crowded as ****...

Also ihust1e ihust1e

8747478F-9DC2-4ECB-AB60-235CE621615A.jpeg

How's it been there so far?

Not bad this time around. Just lots of walking and big crowds. Transit system is A1. And vending machines everywhere are clutch. Honestly just been killing time until the show tomorrow.

How easy did you find getting tickets for WK? Getting to a WK is on my bucket list for sure.

Will have to look into that then. Trying to get a flight to go with will be the fun part. All £500+ here in England.

what's the conversion to US for that?

I feel it's still cheaper than the K I gotta shell out haha.

The WK tickets themselves I don't think are more than 200 face value, but I could be wrong on that.

EDIT: Just checked the website, standing room only are still available for about 100 USD at the arena. Can't imagine that lasting too long. most expensive was VIP at 500.

what's the conversion to US for that?

I feel it's still cheaper than the K I gotta shell out haha.

The WK tickets themselves I don't think are more than 200 face value, but I could be wrong on that.

Think it works out around 700 dollars or around that figure (our economy is in the toilet at the moment so that changes all the time).

You gotta pay a K? Jeez thought we had it bad here.

Need to try and get there while NJPW is in a good moment, but have Vegas this June and a wedding next year to pay for :rolleyes

Think it works out around 700 dollars or around that figure (our economy is in the toilet at the moment so that changes all the time).

You gotta pay a K? Jeez thought we had it bad here.

Need to try and get there while NJPW is in a good moment, but have Vegas this June and a wedding next year to pay for :rolleyes

Yeah, avg ticket price during peak season to Japan from the US is around 900 to 1000 for direct flights. If it's anything I learned, you get the direct flight because that 13 hours is a killer and I'm not trying to fart around anywhere else.

I feel NJPW is continuing to climb, but next year I think will be pivotal with the possibility of the Duds and Kenny leaving and the possible returns of the founding BC members if they continue to be utilized incorrectly in the E.

Tana most likely is gonna start seeing less ring time, LIJ should have a huge year this year, They might try to rebuild Chaos into a strong faction again. Lots of cool possibilities that could culminate in something special at next year's WK.

I agree, there is something about Riots. I like girls with a thousand tats.

I think that is the main reason Seth Rollins' girl caught my eye

JJ Goon JJ Goon

Goons,

Not sure if Hopper (App) works over there but I got a round trip to Japan for less than $700. That was from NYC to Narita. The app allows you to set a date range and it gives you updates on prices and suggests whether or not you should wait or buy.

https://www.hopper.com/

Taped February 10th, 1993 at the Gifu Industrial Hall in Gifu, this is really clipped, but I never knew it existed, because Masa Chono and Keiji Muto against Tony Halme (later Ludwig Borga) and PERRY SATURN! This is soon after he graduated from Killer Kowalski's wrestling school and before he started with ECW. Enjoy!

drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345 and whoever else, what is it like to LIVE in FLA?

Which part are you in Drew?

I ask because anytime I come down there, I always have mixed feelings.

A. Nice weather, people must always be generally in a good mood.

B. There are no jobs down here outside of Tourism or working at a casio/hospital.

What is the vibe like where you are. Is the good weather worth the piss poor job market?

Talk Is Jericho

Wrestle Kingdom 12 Preview - Alpha vs Omega Unveiled
Alpha vs Omega is here! Y2J takes on Kenny Omega at the Tokyo Dome in mere hours, and just before this historic main event happens, you'll find out how it all came together with New Japan Pro Wrestling color announcer, Don Callis (who also happens to co-host "Kiling The Town" on the Jericho Network)! Don was instrumental in getting this landmark match to the ring, and he and Y2J detail the story of what inspired this idea, and how WWE and Vince McMahon reacted to news of the match. Plus, Don Callis breaks down the rest of the Wrestle Kingdom 12 card!

Listening to Wrestle Kingdom 12 Preview - Alpha vs Omega Unveiled from Talk Is Jericho. http://podbay.fm/show/767016946/e/1514962943

Taped February 10th, 1993 at the Gifu Industrial Hall in Gifu, this is really clipped, but I never knew it existed, because Masa Chono and Keiji Muto against Tony Halme (later Ludwig Borga) and PERRY SATURN! This is soon after he graduated from Killer Kowalski's wrestling school and before he started with ECW. Enjoy!

Flawless how Chono does the leg sweep into the STF, but weak for Mutoh to win on a hurricanrana and lazy pin.

This old man wants to know how can I watch WK on my iPhone on my train ride into work. Hopefully I can watch it at home if we're getting dumped with the white stuff tonight.

Saturn is one of my favorites. Criminally underrated.

NJPW How to sign up

Sign-up Process:

1. Go to https://njpwworld.com
  2. Select the 'EN' option at the top. Once the page is translated, click the 'Sign Up' button.
  3. Enter the Email address you want to be associated with your NJPW World account. That address will receive a confirmation email (split Japanese/English) with a confirmation link.
  4. Once you click the confirmation link, you are sent to a profile setup page. Click 'Confirm' once you are done, then click it again.
  5. You will be taken to the 'Payment Methods' section. Select the option you want 'PayPal' or 'Credit Card', then you will be taken to a payment setup page. Follow the steps and enter your info.
  6. You are done! You now have access to NJPW's archives and liveshows for the month of January (and beyond!)
Notes on NJPW World:
  1. Pre-paid credit cards are very finicky. I've heard cases where they work but going off personal experience they have never worked for me. A real credit/debit card is recommended.
  2. 10-20 minutes before the show (pre-show, in this case), a golden banner will appear on the front page with Japanese and English commentary links for the show.
  3. The payment period for this service starts on the first of every month. This means, regardless of when you sign up, you will be charged when you first join and at the turn of the month.
  4. The searchbar function is broken and still has not been fully-integrated into English. If you want to find a specific show/match, use the 'Show' tab which is sorted by most recent, or use NJPW's extensive 'Tag' search. You can access these pages from the 'Menu' drop-down menu from the top-right.
  5. After a show has concluded, the VoD is available within 30 minutes on most occasions.
  6. Your subscription for the month of January will get you Wrestle Kingdom 12, New Year's Dash on January 5 (the RAW after Wrestlemania equivalent), the New Japan/CMLL co-produced Fantasticamania shows in mid-January (three shows), and two back-to-back New Beginning PPV shows on January 27/28th.
  7. Unlike in the West, companies in Japan do not own their tape libraries. Large chunks of New Japan's library is owned by companies they no longer have deals with, so there are large gaps in the tape library. New Japan has promised to expand the archives in 2018 and every new show gets on World, but as-of-now there is not alot of pre-2012 material on the service. YouTube, Dailymotion, Rutube, and other means will have to suffice for some of it.
  8. New Japan works with a lot of other companies. Most times, the work of New Japan stars in promotions such as RPW and RoH gets added to NJPW World though with a region lock most times. They also stream a lot of CMLL shows, and if you want to watch those you can find a proxy to bypass the region lock.
Membership Cancellation:
  • Follow this link. This is the membership withdrawal page. There is an option to delete your account, but deleting your profile page does not end the membership. FOLLOW. THAT. LINK.
Schedule through March:
January:

• Wrestle Kingdom 12 (Jan 4)

• New Year's Dash (Jan 5): RAW after Wrestlemania equivalent. Usually one title match (NEVER Trios Title) but it is usually the most story-heavy show of the year and sets the stage for the next several months/year.

• Fantasticamania (Jan 19, 21, 22): Co-produced, mostly non-canon tour between CMLL and NJPW. Light-hearted, more comedy, not for everybody.

• The New Beginnings in Sapporo (Jan 27, 28): Many of the titles will be defended, with the remainder being defended in Osaka (unless a title is defended more than once). Initial post-WK feuds will be settled and the undercards will set up the story for New Beginnings in Osaka. The cards are not out so which of the two is bigger has yet to be determined.
Febuary:

• The New Beginnings in Osaka (Feb 10): The end of The New Beginnings tour, usually headlined by the Intercontinental title, and featuring all the titles not defended on the previous two New Beginnings shows. Osaka is one of the hottest crowds in Japan, and usually gets great cards so this may be the best show of the tour.
  • Honor Rising (Feb 23, 24): A two-night collaboration between NJPW and RoH in the mecca of pro wrestling, Korakuen Hall. A few titles from both companies will be defended in interpromotional battles. The shows are mostly inconsequential, mostly, but the style is not a rapid departure from traditional NJPW the way that the Fantasticamania shows are so these are usually decent spectacles.
March:

• 46th Anniversary Show (Mar 6): Lower-level title defenses (NEVER, Tag, Jr Tag, Trios) with a special main event. Historically, the Heavyweight Champion and Junior Heavyweight champion collide in the main event. Last year, it was Kazuchika Okada vs Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi) in a non-title match. Who knows what it will be this year.
  • New Japan Cup (Mar 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21): New Japan's first big tournament of the year. 16 heavyweights in a single elimination tournament to determine who takes on a singles champion of their choice at Sakura Genesis, NJPW's first A-level show after Wrestle Kingdom. Last year the first two nights split the first round, at four matches a night followed by one match headlining the next four houseshows (released on VoD), with the Semi-Finals and Final shows containing the last three matches which are broadcast live. There are 9 shows this year rather than 8, so the format may be different.
  • Strong Style Evolved (Mar 25): NJPW coming back to America for another show. NJPW has made it a large goal of theirs to expand into the West, so this show may be surprisingly loaded.

Back
Top Bottom