Marcus Jordan:NO ONE should EVER com par kobe Bryant to my dad

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

He obviously feels threatened by Kobe's growing legacy

Kobe can keep winning rings and that doesn't mean he will ever be better than Jordan.

...and I'm a Kobe fan.

Kobe is a great great player, but not Jordan status.

I'm not going to comment on this everlasting Jordan/Kobe debate.  I like them both, I think they were a gift to the game of basketball to those who follow it.  Being on Niketalk and a shoe collector, I have a collection of their shoes. 

On to another topic, if anyone looked at this year's playoffs, Boston wasn't supposed to make it the playoffs and let alone the finals. 

Round 1- Miami, went to 5 games.  Boston won 4-1.  The average margin of winning in the series was 12.5 pts, and average margin of loses were 9 pts for Boston
Round 2- Cleavland went to 6 games.  Boston won 4-2.  Average margin was 17.25 pts, margin of loses 18.5 pts
Round 3- Orlando went to 6 games.  Boston won 4-2.  Average margin was 10.5 pts, margin of loses 12.5
Finals- Los Angeles went to 7 games.  Boston's margin of winning was 7.3, margin of loses 11.5 pts

Lest we forget, the composite of this year's Boston's team went through the likes of Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Dwight Howard and should they have won last night- Kobe Bryant. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Pimpn, are you really trying to say the Sonics> Celtics?

Listen yall are getting mistaken that i hate on MJ. I F'ing love MJ i have him as the GOAT. but people like to dismiss Kobe so much.

how do people NOT dismiss him after his Finals performance? After game 7 I have to really question who the real finals MVP was. How do people NOT dismiss the 25% 4th Q FG%, the 1 Kobe-like game coming in a loss, and a HORRIBLE game 7??

same reason people dont dismiss jordan for playing two season with the wizards. 

so dude ive seen you post nothing but TRASH this whole time. why do you hate kobe so much??? you didn t even see michael mother !*$+$!% jordan play??? you just a bay area dude who hates on so cal or what??? you tryna commit to jordan or what with all these posts??
roll.gif

nice try man, what makes you think i've never seen michael jordan play? way to make assumptions. On another note...you just a Kobe rider or what?? You gonna explain Kobe's choking or are u just gonna keep making assumptions on other people?
laugh.gif

how u gonna compare jordan ending his career with the bum wizards to a game 7 for kobe at the age of 31??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Listen yall are getting mistaken that i hate on MJ. I F'ing love MJ i have him as the GOAT. but people like to dismiss Kobe so much.

how do people NOT dismiss him after his Finals performance? After game 7 I have to really question who the real finals MVP was. How do people NOT dismiss the 25% 4th Q FG%, the 1 Kobe-like game coming in a loss, and a HORRIBLE game 7??

yeah, because Game 7 is the only game you play in the finals.....
but you know whats funny? in 10 years EVERYONE will be praising Kobe and making him out to be the best aside from Jordan and nobody will have anything bad to say about him. 

people only appreciate something when its gone. 

like someone said before, a lot of you dudes need to stop acting like Jordan gave you life or some @*#!. Kobe is a great player and so is Mike... 

Just enjoy the sport for what it is and stop catching feelings
yes because many many people say Kobe is the best closer in the game. So when he chokes in the Finals we're just gonna ignore it???

Originally Posted by Al3xis

one man posts 45%, 27, 8 and 6 and is crucified at the stake and was 'exposed'

another goes for 41%, 28, 8 and 5 and it's the best defense we've seen in the past 2 decades.

Can't have it both ways.

100% agreed

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

2010 nba finals mvp = shooting 40% fg.

not a good look.

gasol should be mad.
We all know you are.
roll.gif

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

roll.gif
roll.gif
This is 2010... no one gives a damn about Michael Jordan.  Hell even his Air Jordan line is
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
sick.gif
these days. 

SHUT UP Marcus Jordan. You're a NOBODY and can't even follow up in the legacy of your father.  Enjoy being the 12th man where?  The university of Central Florida?
laugh.gif

smh.gif

bwuhahahahaha little boy is obviously threatened.

Weh weh weh i have to protect my dad on the internet weh weh weh. Lol this kids so lucky he is michael jordans offspring, cus other than that we wouldnt know who the eff he is or give him and importance... hahahaha.

so dude ive seen you post nothing but TRASH this whole time. why do you hate kobe so much??? you didn t even see michael mother !*$+$!% jordan play??? you just a bay area dude who hates on so cal or what??? you tryna commit to jordan or what with all these posts??
roll.gif

nice try man, what makes you think i've never seen michael jordan play? way to make assumptions. On another note...you just a Kobe rider or what?? You gonna explain Kobe's choking or are u just gonna keep making assumptions on other people?
laugh.gif

how u gonna compare jordan ending his career with the bum wizards to a game 7 for kobe at the age of 31??
laugh.gif

your 22 dummy. nice try though. how bout them lakers ???
pimp.gif
 stay hatin ol front runnin never seen MJ play dude. i bet you buy all the jordan retros to make you feel cool huh?

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

your 22 dummy. nice try though. how bout them lakers ???
pimp.gif
 stay hatin ol front runnin never seen MJ play dude. i bet you buy all the jordan retros to make you feel cool huh?

try again
laugh.gif
.  I was young when i watched Jordan play but i watched him win his last 3 championships. I'm not a huge Jordan fan..but it seems like you're hurt that Kobe choked in the Finals.

You still not gonna bring up Kobe's performance?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Guess you're blinded by your love for Kobe
laugh.gif
  Wonder how many more times he has to choke before you hop off

whoa, whoa whoa!!

this guy is 22?? so it makes him like 8-10 when he won the second 3-peat

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

young pup never even got a chance to enjoy real Jordan on full effect.

Explains a lot.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

once Kobe gets #7, there wont be any need to
pimp.gif

11*

those 3 don't count...they belong to shaq..

when he gets 4 more, i.e. 6 as the head honcho we can talk about the comparison.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

yeah, because Game 7 is the only game you play in the finals.....
but you know whats funny? in 10 years EVERYONE will be praising Kobe and making him out to be the best aside from Jordan and nobody will have anything bad to say about him. 

people only appreciate something when its gone. 

like someone said before, a lot of you dudes need to stop acting like Jordan gave you life or some @*#!. Kobe is a great player and so is Mike... 

Just enjoy the sport for what it is and stop catching feelings
yes because many many people say Kobe is the best closer in the game. So when he chokes in the Finals we're just gonna ignore it???
he is the best closer in the game (give or take gilbert arenas who has the ability to throw the ball at the hoop from anywhere at the buzzer and make it) and im not saying lets ignore it, because i was furious at Kobe's performance in game 7, but without kobe throughout this series, the Lakers wouldn't have gone to a game 7. without pau there would have been no game 7, without fisher, and odom there would have been no game 7. 
everyone had horrible performances at times throughout this series, but from them all Kobe still somehow managed to go on scoring spree's in the games aside from game 7 to pull the lakers from out of a hole. im not looking at a poor game 7 performance and calling Kobe out on anything, when in reality, his teammates did what they were supposed to do... pick up the slack...

its easy to point the finger at a guy who carries the majority of the load all of the time. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

once Kobe gets #7, there wont be any need to
pimp.gif
kobe can win 10 rings and he wouldn't be better than michael.

check their stats, individual accolades, MVPs... jordan BLOWS kobe out of the water. and he has 6 finals MVPs. he also has 5 reg. season MVPs. he had 10 scoring titles.

and he won every finals he participated in. and he averaged 33, 6, 6 in the playoffs.

people need to calm down.

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What defense in the finals has MJ seen thats been like Celtics????

i didnt even say anything about Knicks or Pistons, and Pistons still whooped his team up until 1991. yall must have just watched highlights or something thinking that every single time he touched the ball he got clobbered.

i never meant Celtics any team he has ever played.

lol you guys obviously just forget that i said in the FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have ANY clue how good the 96' Supersonics defense was? 
please, tell us how good it was. back it up with statistics if possible.

because the 2008 Celtics were statistically the greatest defensive team of all time. and thats not my personal opinion, that's a fact and you can look it up.
the 2010 Celtics played the same scheme, and it is arguably the most effective we've ever seen at neutralizing a star player. against the Sonics, Jordan was guarded by a great individual defender in Payton. if he played against this Celtics team, he would be swarmed by 3 players as soon as he made a move. Jordan would have done somewhat better than Kobe against this Celtics defense (because he was a better player, and also had the greatest 2nd option in Pippen), but if you guys think MJ would have torched them you need to pull your head out of your $%+.

lets not revise history.. other than the Sonics, Jordan did not face very many defensive-minded teams in the Finals. the Jazz played matador defense. the Lakers and Blazers were not known for their D. the toughest defenses MJ had to face were the late 80s/early 90s Knicks and Pistons teams coming out of the East.
So wait are Laker fans now dissing their own history. So you're saying that 80's Laker team that was so dominant for a decade had poor defense. They were shutting the Bulls down in the beginning of those finals until the Bulls figured out that MJ could drive to the basket, draw the entire Laker team on him and then pass it back to Paxon for a 3. Jordan was also the king of adjustments. When he finally perfected every part of his game in a 7 game series he could always make adjustments and find a way to win. That's really what his greatest attribute was, he had the will and talent and smarts to find a way to win. He made sure to pay attention to every aspect of his own game to make the rest of his team be able to win. And when they weren't able to he would take over.

I think if there's anything I could complain about Kobe's game is there are too many times that the ball stays in his hand for too long and it would result in a bad decision and that was very evident in this series because he got ripped more times than I've ever see an elite baller get ripped. We all know he's the greatest in the league right now and the greatest of his era, but he should not be getting the ball taken from him as much as he did and especialy in the finals.

And I know people are saying he had a bad game 7 and all that but the fact of the matter is if he wasn't there they wouldn't win period and for that fact that makes him the MVP. It's like the early 2000 Lakers and why Shaq won all the MVPs because if he wasn't there that team wouldn't have dominated. MVP is not always about stats, it's about your presence on the floor and how you demand attention with or without the ball.

So yes he can have his shine, but if Kobe fans would stop bringing up the "greater than MJ" argument then us MJ fans wouldn't have to defend it all the time. We all know he's the greatest in this era but he's not the greatest ever.

fam we're talking about the COT DAMN FINALS IN 1991 when Bulls faced the Lakers!!

that Lakers team was not the same as in the 80's
laugh.gif
And minus Kareem it was still pretty much the same team. So then Magic, Michael Cooper, AC Green, James Worthy, Sam Perkins and Byron Scott were all poor defenders. I'll make sure to remember that when I see them all in the HOF.
minus Kareem and Cooper... Replace them with Vlade, Terry Teagle, rookies Tony Smith and Elden Campbell.  AC, Sam, and Byron are not going to the hall of fame 
laugh.gif

And that was not a healthy Laker team...  Worthy and Scott were injured... both didn't even play in the last game.  

I have nightmares from that series... Jordan was like 16-19 or something in game 2 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

one man posts 45%, 27, 8 and 6 and is crucified at the stake and was 'exposed'

another goes for 41%, 28, 8 and 5 and it's the best defense we've seen in the past 2 decades.

Can't have it both ways.

100% agreed

Exactly. And BTW, 9.3 and 7.2 doesn't round off to 8 and 6.

Also, let's not forget Dwyane Wade's amazing 33, 6 and 7 on 56% series against the Celtics. Although to be fair, the Celtics were probably in somewhat cruise control mode in the first round because everyone knew how that series was going to end.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

2010 nba finals mvp = shooting 40% fg.

not a good look.

gasol should be mad.
We all know you are.
roll.gif

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lol? what is this? can someone explain on this? 
oh yeah, you sound very young and uneducated. thank god i dont look like you and i'm not like you.

I'm sick and tired of these comparisions. Jordan is Jordan ,and Kobe Is, Kobe. Everytime a Jordan convo comes up Kobe's name pops up. Marcus you are Jordan's son,and your name never comes up,except to cause drama with your schools shoes.

so nobody saw the psot game interview where kobe gave all the praise to MJ....long as he aint thinking like that then everything is good. and im a big kobe fan

Why can't people just accept Kobe for who he is. That's how you know you're doing it big, when people have to constantly dig up something to take away from your legacy; in this case its salty mj supporters pulling up the stats of a guy who retired 7 years ago.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Why can't people just accept Kobe for who he is. That's how you know you're doing it big, when people have to constantly dig up something to take away from your legacy; in this case its salty mj supporters pulling up the stats of a guy who retired 7 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom