Mark Buehrle Throws a Perfect Game!!!!!

Just saw the clips of the game on ESPNews.

That was a nice catch by Wise.

Congrats to Buehrle.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Yea, I guess I'm just spoiled watching Aaron Rowand patrol center every night.
ohwell.gif

All jokes aside, good catch but not "
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
" or "
pimp.gif
."

The catch itself is a good catch(it would've been the #1 web gem today).. but the fact that it was in the 9th inning of a PERFECT GAME makes it a greatcatch.. Its about the setting..

Damn he went full speed back and just snow-coned it over the wall
eek.gif

That was great.

those of you saying that wise catch wasnt THAT great are completely *##$#@# insane ... that %*%* brought chills to my spine being an outfielder myself knowingwhat its like to go back on a ball and see you have to actually stop looking at it and put your head down to run back just to have a chance ... then look up,locate it, climb the wall, snow cone it, bobble it and come up bare handed ... @+%# that it gave me a woody real talk ... off the bench cold ...

get real

���
I don't get why most of you are gushing over the fact that he bobbledthe ball. Wise didn't scale the wall to make that catch - he didn't reach over . Wise jumped straight up, caught the ball and his momentum carried hisglove past the fence. The ball should have landed in the webbing of his glove and he should have squeezed it. By failing to do that, he made it a moredifficult play for himself.

Now Granderson got UP for his catch and caught it cleanly - don't even lie to yourself, that wall at Progressive Field is at least 2-3 feet taller than thewall in Chicago. And for the record, this was a game-saving catch too. Granderson didn't save a perfect game, but he without a doubt robbed Sizemore of awalk-off homerun. Wise's catch didn't get his team the win, it saved a personal achievement for his teammate. The White Sox were up 5 runs and it wasthe top of the 9th, so the White Sox were well�on their way to winning that game.�Granderson got his team the win with�that play alone.�It can be argued (withintellegent folks of course, so that rules out 95% of this forum) that Granderson's catch, setting included, is more impressive.

Buehrle at it again
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Wise catch was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. The call when Buehrle made the final out? Priceless. "YES! YES! YES! YES!"
roll.gif

Granderson's catch was really nice, but Wise saved a perfect game.

The siutation HAS to be a factor.

Dr 715:
���
I don't get why most of you are gushing over the fact that he bobbled the ball. Wise didn't scale the wall to make that catch - he didn't reach over . Wise jumped straight up, caught the ball and his momentum carried his glove past the fence. The ball should have landed in the webbing of his glove and he should have squeezed it. By failing to do that, he made it a more difficult play for himself.

Now Granderson got UP for his catch and caught it cleanly - don't even lie to yourself, that wall at Progressive Field is at least 2-3 feet taller than the wall in Chicago. And for the record, this was a game-saving catch too. Granderson didn't save a perfect game, but he without a doubt robbed Sizemore of a walk-off homerun. Wise's catch didn't get his team the win, it saved a personal achievement for his teammate. The White Sox were up 5 runs and it was the top of the 9th, so the White Sox were well�on their way to winning that game.�Granderson got his team the win with�that play alone.�It can be argued (with intellegent folks of course, so that rules out 95% of this forum) that Granderson's catch, setting included, is more impressive.
Your argument just boils down to people taking this offer differently: I can make you catch a ball at the wall in the 9th inning that preserves aperfect game, or I put you at the wall for a game-saving catch.

Me personally, I'd rather put in the perfect-game-preserving position. How many games have been won in MLB history? How many games have been won in perfectgame fashion? Eighteen now.

And it definitely looks like the ball was going over the wall, in my opinion. I'll watch it again, but it looked that was going to creep over the wall,eliminating the perfect game, the no-hitter, the shutout, reducing something was an AWESOME feat up to that point down to a one-hit, 5-1 game. How manyone-hitters have their been? If he doesn't make that catch, that game is reduced to something that has happened dozens of times instead of something hasnow happened 18 times.

Originally Posted by Curious24

wise for igawa straight up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what this guy said
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Igawa is no stranger to winning: he set the record for most wins for the Scranton minor league franchise
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

/sweeps his other pathetic outings as a major-leaguer under the rug...

DeWayne Wise is a bum. Even Igawa for him would be an awful deal for the Yankees...
If he doesn't make that catch, that game is reduced to something that has happened dozens of times instead of something has now happened 18 times.
And if the catch wasn't to save a perfect game, he probably still makes it. That's my issue.

It's a catch we've seen plenty of times. It wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime, unexplainable catch that will never happen again.

You guys collect Nikes; you should know that the more there are, the less it is worth.

Why are some people trying to downplay the catch? Ya'll comparing him to elite defensive outfielders of course its easier for them.

He was playing shallow ran full speed and caught it over the wall in one motion. If it were just a regular catch during the middle of a game it would just benice, but considering it was to save a PERFECT GAME in the 9th inning, it will be emphasized and appreciated a LOT more.

Back
Top Bottom