Marriage And Serious Relationships

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Why be in a serious relationship if you gotta swing? Defeats the purpose IMO.
Says who? Western Culture?
I thought the purpose of being in a committed relationship was just that though.  How can you be committed screwing other couples or does it make it okay because yall are both doing it?

I thought the purpose of being in a committed relationship was just that though.  How can you be committed screwing other couples or does it make it okay because yall are both doing it?

yea, i don't see a point in that....to keep the relationship alive??? Then you don't have a relationship IMO, because a relationship in my eyes doesn't evolve being with other people...

yea, i don't see a point in that....to keep the relationship alive??? Then you don't have a relationship IMO, because a relationship in my eyes doesn't evolve being with other people...

I don't get that agruement.
I would not like another dude sleeping with my girl/wife, has nothing to do with western culture

I don't get that agruement.
I would not like another dude sleeping with my girl/wife, has nothing to do with western culture

Swinging is cool to do with a girl you're not serious with. Call me a hypocrite but aint no way im gonna sit and watch my girl get gangbanged by some strangers. Ive been to some swing clubs and they are exciting and disgusting at the same time.

Swinging is cool to do with a girl you're not serious with. Call me a hypocrite but aint no way im gonna sit and watch my girl get gangbanged by some strangers. Ive been to some swing clubs and they are exciting and disgusting at the same time.

It has a LOT to do with Western Culture, which is why polygamy is "accepted" in other parts of the world. Yea the natural jealous part of our minds wouldn't want anyone looking at our women, I agree. But the idea of, "There is no point of being in a relationship if you are going to swing" is a thought based on social norms.

My point is we can't deem it WRONG. The most we can say is it isn't traditional of the society we live in. But lettuce not confuse what society's rules are with what is right and wrong.

Some folks emotionally/spiritually

But they don't want that monogamy physically, financially, and emotionally.

I wouldn't call anyone wrong for wanting that at all.

I wouldn't do it though. Just to make that clear.

It has a LOT to do with Western Culture, which is why polygamy is "accepted" in other parts of the world. Yea the natural jealous part of our minds wouldn't want anyone looking at our women, I agree. But the idea of, "There is no point of being in a relationship if you are going to swing" is a thought based on social norms.

My point is we can't deem it WRONG. The most we can say is it isn't traditional of the society we live in. But lettuce not confuse what society's rules are with what is right and wrong.

Now I get what you saying and I agree.  Can't knock what someone wants to do, but I can do what works for me.

Now I get what you saying and I agree.  Can't knock what someone wants to do, but I can do what works for me.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

There's going to be times when you get tired of each other, but your relationship has to be built on the things that matter.
If you've built your relationship on true friendship, understanding, love, common interests, shared goals, then you'll have no
problem being happy over the long run. 
This man speaks the truth. i'm getting married on july 9th of this year, and i cannot wait to start our life together. we've dated close to 7 years and we've had our ups and downs. if you guys can't grow together, as a couple, don't get married. marriage isn't to be taken lightly, with the attitude "i can get out of it if it doesn't work"...

laugh.gif
I got married July 9th last year! Congrats btwI don't think there is a written formula for how to make it work, just go day by day and try to understand each other and try not to involve other people in your relationship, that's when %@!$ gets ugly.

Fam, I'm getting married on July 9th of this year as well
laugh.gif

There's going to be times when you get tired of each other, but your relationship has to be built on the things that matter.
If you've built your relationship on true friendship, understanding, love, common interests, shared goals, then you'll have no

This is the truth right here.  All of the "chick" threads on NT are ample evidence that many (if not most) dudes on here have no idea what it takes to build a healthy relationship (among other things)...

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

This man speaks the truth. i'm getting married on july 9th of this year, and i cannot wait to start our life together. we've dated close to 7 years and we've had our ups and downs. if you guys can't grow together, as a couple, don't get married. marriage isn't to be taken lightly, with the attitude "i can get out of it if it doesn't work"...

laugh.gif
I got married July 9th last year! Congrats btwI don't think there is a written formula for how to make it work, just go day by day and try to understand each other and try not to involve other people in your relationship, that's when %@!$ gets ugly.

Fam, I'm getting married on July 9th of this year as well
laugh.gif

This is the truth right here.  All of the "chick" threads on NT are ample evidence that many (if not most) dudes on here have no idea what it takes to build a healthy relationship (among other things)...

This. A Committed Relationship Is Just You Falling in Love With Your Bestfriend. If Its Based On Sex It'll NEVER Last

This. A Committed Relationship Is Just You Falling in Love With Your Bestfriend. If Its Based On Sex It'll NEVER Last

I also thinks some dudes view points on marriage and what it TRULY takes to make it last/work revolves around whether or not their parents stayed together.

Back
Top Bottom