Marriage with an Expiration date, Debate Vol. To Renew or not...

Originally Posted by desent

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ok another question.

Would each term be a 5-7 year contract? Say I get past the first term (7 years), would my next term be another 7 years? What would you propose?

I think there should be some unity when it comes to contract length if this were to ever be a new system.
I would say there could be a set period of 5 or 7 years. supposedly i googled this right before i posted and someone in a no name website stated the average marriage is 7 years, and they had the idea of the 5-7 years. i just through that out there to have something to go on, nothing is set in stone but if some movement like this gets started just imagine the possibilities. 
[quote]Then what if you have kids with that person, whole new ball game right?

possibly the same as marriage now or kids out of wedlock. which ever is more beneficiary to the kids imo
[/quote]
But opting out would damage kids too much having a parent that jumps from marriage to marriage. It happens now Im aware of that HOWEVER broken marriages are fixable. The 5 to 7 years would just give people a reason to give up and not bother trying as opposed to living by the vows made on the wedding day. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ok another question.

Would each term be a 5-7 year contract? Say I get past the first term (7 years), would my next term be another 7 years? What would you propose?

I think there should be some unity when it comes to contract length if this were to ever be a new system.
I would say there could be a set period of 5 or 7 years. supposedly i googled this right before i posted and someone in a no name website stated the average marriage is 7 years, and they had the idea of the 5-7 years. i just through that out there to have something to go on, nothing is set in stone but if some movement like this gets started just imagine the possibilities. 
[quote]Then what if you have kids with that person, whole new ball game right?

possibly the same as marriage now or kids out of wedlock. which ever is more beneficiary to the kids imo
[/quote]
But opting out would damage kids too much having a parent that jumps from marriage to marriage. It happens now Im aware of that HOWEVER broken marriages are fixable. The 5 to 7 years would just give people a reason to give up and not bother trying as opposed to living by the vows made on the wedding day. 

eek.gif
I never even thought of this approach.

Interesting to see where this thread will go. Bookmarked.

eek.gif
I never even thought of this approach.

Interesting to see where this thread will go. Bookmarked.

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif
 id be the type to give it my all during contract year.. & say $#%@^ once i get that new contract. 
there are incentives, right? 

eddycurry.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

marriage is def a contract but should not be put in business terms.  The most I can see is a prenup if one party has wayyy more money, thats protecting what you earned.  But having a expiration date is down right foolish. 

Leasing women? Expiration dates on marriage? whats next NT?  renting children? a literal wife swap? how many ways can we destroy the moral fabric of family and love?

laugh.gif
 id be the type to give it my all during contract year.. & say $#%@^ once i get that new contract. 

eddycurry.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

marriage is def a contract but should not be put in business terms.  The most I can see is a prenup if one party has wayyy more money, thats protecting what you earned.  But having a expiration date is down right foolish. 

Leasing women? Expiration dates on marriage? whats next NT?  renting children? a literal wife swap? how many ways can we destroy the moral fabric of family and love?

I think its a good idea.

But you best believe in a contract year i will be at the gym every day waiting for free agency. If i resign to the same team that's fine but i don't want to be an aging vet that no team wants

I think its a good idea.

But you best believe in a contract year i will be at the gym every day waiting for free agency. If i resign to the same team that's fine but i don't want to be an aging vet that no team wants

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I think its a good idea.

Them old %@#$@% taking hgh and extenze all year just to end up being forced to play overseas

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I think its a good idea.

Them old %@#$@% taking hgh and extenze all year just to end up being forced to play overseas

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

laugh.gif

eddycurry.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what your stating is that it is better that an individual stay in a relationship that may be toxic/unhealthy/ or no longer wanted to appease the kids. I am the product of that, and then the inevitable of divorce is still there, and divorce gets NASTY at least for most people i've seen go through it. Rather than a fair civil way to approach it. The woman is not the victim here it is a mutual understanding from the get go. AND do you really want someone to STAY with you BECAUSE they are OBLIGATED or because they WANT to?

laugh.gif

eddycurry.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what your stating is that it is better that an individual stay in a relationship that may be toxic/unhealthy/ or no longer wanted to appease the kids. I am the product of that, and then the inevitable of divorce is still there, and divorce gets NASTY at least for most people i've seen go through it. Rather than a fair civil way to approach it. The woman is not the victim here it is a mutual understanding from the get go. AND do you really want someone to STAY with you BECAUSE they are OBLIGATED or because they WANT to?

Why get married then?

You're in essence treating your spouse as an object that depreciates in value.

OP, explain how you came to this thinking, please.

Why get married then?

eddycurry.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No if the marriage is bad then get a divorce.  Grown *## people shouldn't need an expiration date to choose when to end the marriage.  Get married and stay together or get married and get a divorce.  It's pretty simple.  No need to add all this extra non-sense.  But hey I could be wrong.  But you still gonna have people that want a divorce before the "expiration date" anyways so whats the point?

eddycurry.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No if the marriage is bad then get a divorce.  Grown *## people shouldn't need an expiration date to choose when to end the marriage.  Get married and stay together or get married and get a divorce.  It's pretty simple.  No need to add all this extra non-sense.  But hey I could be wrong.  But you still gonna have people that want a divorce before the "expiration date" anyways so whats the point?

damn bruh, can u get any more pessimistic? 

damn bruh, can u get any more pessimistic? 

Originally Posted by kickstart

Why get married then?

A lot of people seem to be looking at this like men treating women like objects.  But this goes both ways.

It would literally be like a more permanent version of dating.  This is just an idea.  I think we all know this is basically a divorce, and if you don't believe in divorce then you are obviously religious and wouldn't ever want this.  But it is interesting to think about if this was the gold standard.  Like everyone is already doing it.

What would you do when the contract ends.  You love your wife but what if you don't think she loves you back....or she drops the bomb she doesn't want kids....or she just isn't the same person she was and let herself go mentally and physically.  You can date some one for 10 years and not know everything about them.  Kind of a get out of jail free card for him or her.  Would also be cool to add incentives lol but that's a different topic. 

Originally Posted by kickstart

Why get married then?

A lot of people seem to be looking at this like men treating women like objects.  But this goes both ways.

It would literally be like a more permanent version of dating.  This is just an idea.  I think we all know this is basically a divorce, and if you don't believe in divorce then you are obviously religious and wouldn't ever want this.  But it is interesting to think about if this was the gold standard.  Like everyone is already doing it.

What would you do when the contract ends.  You love your wife but what if you don't think she loves you back....or she drops the bomb she doesn't want kids....or she just isn't the same person she was and let herself go mentally and physically.  You can date some one for 10 years and not know everything about them.  Kind of a get out of jail free card for him or her.  Would also be cool to add incentives lol but that's a different topic. 

Next question OP. What about a Rookie Contract. Newlyweds, start out with a 3-year plan. So if a couple decides to opt-out before the contract expires, they could face a termination fee.

From the jump. You know just to prove they really know what they are getting into. Also there should be a Rookie Symposium forum where local couples go through group sessions/lectures from trained professionals that can help them get through the times.

Also, a once a 3-month session with a marriage counselor that is mandatory for each couple.

So if a couple decides to opt-out before the contract expires, they could face a termination fee.

Next question OP. What about a Rookie Contract. Newlyweds, start out with a 3-year plan. So if a couple decides to opt-out before the contract expires, they could face a termination fee.

From the jump. You know just to prove they really know what they are getting into. Also there should be a Rookie Symposium forum where local couples go through group sessions/lectures from trained professionals that can help them get through the times.

Also, a once a 3-month session with a marriage counselor that is mandatory for each couple.

So if a couple decides to opt-out before the contract expires, they could face a termination fee.

Back
Top Bottom