Marriage with an Expiration date, Debate Vol. To Renew or not...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

30t6p3b.gif
 so many broken spirits these days...

I'm saying. These dudes are on some *+@# these days. 
Why? Because people want to see less and less people get divorced? That is why people are on some different stuff? Because people think the current system needs to be looked at again to coincide with the change of times? Hmm, interesting.
Not at all, I stated in the last thread about marriage that marriage isn't for everyone. 
But these marriage threads are becoming just as bad as the religion threads. This thread is about a marriage with an expiration date, how does that differ from getting a divorce? 

If you take the logic from everyone in the last thread, and combine it with the logic of this thread, you can come to the conclusion that the principles of marriage are "obsolete" within this current generation. 

So why does the system need to be changed to coincide with the change of times? I don't see why it should be. If you're not about that life, then don't get #%*%%#+ married. Don't try to bend the rules because you can't handle it. It's like everyone is trying to come up with a reason for why people shouldn't get married, or stay married. 

WHY WOULD YOU GET MARRIED if you think like this...

DCAllAmerican wrote:
hella handsome wrote:
TruthGetsBusy wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

Why? Because people want to see less and less people get divorced? That is why people are on some different stuff? Because people think the current system needs to be looked at again to coincide with the change of times? Hmm, interesting. 

the way to reduce the divorce rate is to reduce the marriage rate. not make up some bull %#+% "renewal period" nonsense and call it marriage. 
if people were serious about reducing the divorce rate, we would make it harder to get married. you should have to apply, wait a while, go through counseling etc

WHY WOULD YOU GET MARRIED if you think like this...

DCAllAmerican wrote:
hella handsome wrote:
TruthGetsBusy wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

the way to reduce the divorce rate is to reduce the marriage rate. not make up some bull %#+% "renewal period" nonsense and call it marriage. 
if people were serious about reducing the divorce rate, we would make it harder to get married. you should have to apply, wait a while, go through counseling etc

Well maybe we should make it harder to marry then. You should have to apply like John Wall said. That would scare folks from just jumping into it.

I mean I feel the same thing should be done when it comes to folks having kids, but that might be crossing the line. I am torn on that.

But John Wall, I agree with all you said.

Well maybe we should make it harder to marry then. You should have to apply like John Wall said. That would scare folks from just jumping into it.

I mean I feel the same thing should be done when it comes to folks having kids, but that might be crossing the line. I am torn on that.

But John Wall, I agree with all you said.

TruthGetsBusy wrote:
No if the marriage is bad then get a divorce.  Grown *## people shouldn't need an expiration date to choose when to end the marriage.  Get married and stay together or get married and get a divorce.  It's pretty simple.  No need to add all this extra non-sense.  But hey I could be wrong.  But you still gonna have people that want a divorce before the "expiration date" anyways so whats the point?

I agree.  If things aren't working out... you slap yourself in the face and GTHO of the relationship. Pretty simple unless kids are involved. 
laugh.gif
 @ expiration dates... what's the point in that?  The relationship will somehow get better before the contract year is up?  You can include an oral sex 5 nights a week clause in the contract too?  And if girl doesn't live up to it then what?  Contract is void?  
laugh.gif
 Ridiculous.

TruthGetsBusy wrote:
No if the marriage is bad then get a divorce.  Grown *## people shouldn't need an expiration date to choose when to end the marriage.  Get married and stay together or get married and get a divorce.  It's pretty simple.  No need to add all this extra non-sense.  But hey I could be wrong.  But you still gonna have people that want a divorce before the "expiration date" anyways so whats the point?

I agree.  If things aren't working out... you slap yourself in the face and GTHO of the relationship. Pretty simple unless kids are involved. 
laugh.gif
 @ expiration dates... what's the point in that?  The relationship will somehow get better before the contract year is up?  You can include an oral sex 5 nights a week clause in the contract too?  And if girl doesn't live up to it then what?  Contract is void?  
laugh.gif
 Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Originally Posted by sloanboy

how bout just not getting married............
Agree.
Too bad no one does this

People getting straight offended in here.  It's not that serious it is just a different take on the process.

This wouldn't raise the divorce rate if its not considered a divorce to not re-up the contract.  I think its a fresh idea to try to cure a problem.  Anyone else have a way other then "don't get married" to lower divorce rates?

DC has great ideas with young couple counseling or meet ups or anything to get through the tough first couple of years.  NT should be more solutions oriented. 

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Originally Posted by sloanboy

how bout just not getting married............
Agree.
Too bad no one does this

People getting straight offended in here.  It's not that serious it is just a different take on the process.

This wouldn't raise the divorce rate if its not considered a divorce to not re-up the contract.  I think its a fresh idea to try to cure a problem.  Anyone else have a way other then "don't get married" to lower divorce rates?

DC has great ideas with young couple counseling or meet ups or anything to get through the tough first couple of years.  NT should be more solutions oriented. 

It is easier to just shoot down ideas and roll with whatever tradition says. And then call people names that want to challenge traditions as rebels without a cause. If we as people didn't believe in change, progress, and updating social norms, where the hell would we be as a society. It is cool though, people shot down many ideas that eventually made sense to the masses so I don't trip

It is easier to just shoot down ideas and roll with whatever tradition says. And then call people names that want to challenge traditions as rebels without a cause. If we as people didn't believe in change, progress, and updating social norms, where the hell would we be as a society. It is cool though, people shot down many ideas that eventually made sense to the masses so I don't trip

Social models of marriage and relationships are not universal.  Think about it, polygamy was the "norm" and still is in many parts of the world, while in our society it is considered taboo. We believe a lot of what we believe to be "right" because it has been ordained by societal and religious traditions not because they're necessarily the right thing to do.

Social models of marriage and relationships are not universal.  Think about it, polygamy was the "norm" and still is in many parts of the world, while in our society it is considered taboo. We believe a lot of what we believe to be "right" because it has been ordained by societal and religious traditions not because they're necessarily the right thing to do.

went to work, back now... Yea pretty much sums it up, different cultures may or may not accept this, regardless i'm still curious on the answer to my question from the first two that jumped on the "against it" side with the quickness. Of course one would still be with someone for a good amount of time(aside from the exceptions) before they get married.

-Get At Me...

went to work, back now... Yea pretty much sums it up, different cultures may or may not accept this, regardless i'm still curious on the answer to my question from the first two that jumped on the "against it" side with the quickness. Of course one would still be with someone for a good amount of time(aside from the exceptions) before they get married.

-Get At Me...

Originally Posted by desent

-Get At Me...
It's a TERRIBLE idea because it's not as if the two parties can just seamlessly separate from one another.  As in divorce, you must divide the assets among the two parties, which is often difficult because people's finances are often not a simple matter.  Then there's the issue of whether kids are involved.  You can't just pretend like they never happened (although I see many parents try in the store).

Originally Posted by desent

-Get At Me...
It's a TERRIBLE idea because it's not as if the two parties can just seamlessly separate from one another.  As in divorce, you must divide the assets among the two parties, which is often difficult because people's finances are often not a simple matter.  Then there's the issue of whether kids are involved.  You can't just pretend like they never happened (although I see many parents try in the store).

Back
Top Bottom