Martin Luther King Jr. NikeTalk Banner This Year?

KMante

Staff member
I know we made the switch to Huddler, so it may be different/complicated, but will we have the MLK Jr. NikeTalk banner up this year? Or maybe even a new version? Thanks!

As much as I'd like to, the current layout doesn't really allow it - at least, not in the same exact way.  I can't just go in and swap an image, and the banner functions differently than it used to.  Add in the mobile skin and it becomes even more complicated.  The banner is now much more compact, too, so there's no way to use the old text/image in that space and make it readable.

A tribute post and feature on the homepage is something we can do, which would make use of the banner in its full, original size within the homepage image slider.  It would be present there and on the mobile site, albeit in condensed form, in the featured content list, and the post can be used to discuss Dr. King's legacy.  

A tribute post and feature on the homepage is something we can do, which would make use of the banner in its full, original size within the homepage image slider.  It would be present there and on the mobile site, albeit in condensed form, in the featured content list, and the post can be used to discuss Dr. King's legacy.  
This works.

As much as I'd like to, the current layout doesn't really allow it - at least, not in the same exact way.  I can't just go in and swap an image, and the banner functions differently than it used to.  Add in the mobile skin and it becomes even more complicated.  The banner is now much more compact, too, so there's no way to use the old text/image in that space and make it readable.

This would be very nice! Thanks for the response.

Are u African American?

Are u African American?

:smh: :smh:

:lol:

This would be very nice! Thanks for the response.

Change the thread title to MLK Appreciation Thread. :pimp:

A tribute post would be good...

I'll add to the discussion about a few of the books I read on King, and how he's a much more complex man than the establishment would like for you to believe. 

Prior to his assassination he was becoming increasingly disillusioned by the track that America was on....

Last edited:
Tribute thread will be great. 
smile.gif

So let me get this right. Because I'm Dominican I am not allowed to hold the opinion that Malcolm X ideologies and dispositions are more in line with reality then any other civil rights leader at the time including Dr. King?

Ok I get it now, thanks. So this thread is "blacks only"? Ohh the irony.

And how is saying both > me saying anything. Of course they are. Thanks captain obvious. But at the same time that's like me saying I like Lebrons game more than Kobe's and you replying either one if them would beat you a game if pick up basketball.

X is the hero you deserve, not the one you need.

Posting from my phone. Sorry about any spelling or errors.

some of yall should observe MLK's day by logging off that entire day.

all of february some of you kids that don't know your history should log off and read books about the whole civil rights movement..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom