WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

You people make me sick, oh I don’t like this or oh I don’t like that.

That movie is gonna be the greatest movie of all time. I’m watching that **** tomorrow at 7 pm and I don’t give a f what happen it’s gonna be the greatest movie of all time

Didn't know it was a thing to
get worked up over a movie you haven't seen
spoil said movie
complain about said movie
talk to other people in spoiler fashion about the movie, and then add your thoughts like you've seen the movie
and then deem the movie and possibly the entire franchise a failure

Only thing left for Lame is to actually see the movie
then complain about how he threw his money away on this film
I've blocked lame a couple pages ago (until after I see the movie) but I suspect he made up his mind to dislike the movie and throw the Russos under the bus lmao

Just because the movie is not rated 99

Guys, take it from me.

I'm as impartial as it comes when it comes to comic book movies (Marvel, DC, whoever,, I'll even throw in Star Wars). Not trying to come off as some movie snob by any means,, but I judge the film by its own merits as a film. I.E. Is the pacing good? Did they set a consistent tone? Do I care about the characters? Etc.

That being said,, the film was entertaining and definitely worth the price of admission.

BUT, as a film, it feels incomplete. And I'm sure part of that was intentional but it definitely stuck out to me.

Of a course the first entry in a two part film will feel incomplete. Tf? :lol:

just finished watching it. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS.. THIS MOVIE WAS SBISJDBCKFING INCREDIBLE TO ME ON SO MANY LEVELS

Didn't know it was a thing to
get worked up over a movie you haven't seen
spoil said movie
complain about said movie
talk to other people in spoiler fashion about the movie, and then add your thoughts like you've seen the movie
and then deem the movie and possibly the entire franchise a failure

Only thing left for Lame is to actually see the movie
then complain about how he threw his money away on this film

We live in the age of the torrent. You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think I’ve seen the bigger parts of the movie I deemed questionable and yep to no avail, they’re still questionable. In about 26 hrs I go see it in IMAX 3D to get the full experience but that doesn’t change what I know which is this movie didn’t deliver like it should have. It does A LOT for the sake of shock value and there is no conviction in some of the things they did. When we should have had people who have seen the film declaring it a cinema changing masterpiece, we’re getting typical summer blockbuster reactions. Not sure why there’s an assumption that ME of all people are championing the downfall of the MCU but one thing I don’t do is become a slave to hype like a lot of posters in here. Marvel is a HUGE part of my life and I could never be dishonest with my feelings involving them and a movie this big. This didn’t live up to the hype. Deal with it.

This is exactly my point and the reason it's so difficult to convey to people who don't seem to understand that films and comics and TV shows are different mediums.

It's difficult to appreciate a film on its own merits if you are going to wave it off as "It's two parts!!".

This is where the beginnings of my discontent lie. Why did the Russo Brothers openly speak on this movie turning into a stand-alone as they were filming it only to release a film that is clearly dependent on its other half to tell a complete story? They did away with the Part 1 and Part 2 header to illicit hype instead of easing people into the idea out the gate that this is a part one story.

This is where the beginnings of my discontent lie. Why did the Russo Brothers openly speak on this movie turning into a stand-alone as they were filming it only to release a film that is clearly dependent on its other half to tell a complete story? They did away with the Part 1 and Part 2 header to illicit hype instead of easing people into the idea out the gate that this is a part one story.

So you wanted them to tell you straight up that the first film had no stakes and that A4 is a continuation. That's not smart. Misdirection is all over this movie. They even made footage solely for the trailers that misguide everyone

Marketing 101. They saw the diminishing returns and bad press from **** like Mockingjay and put the kibosh on that part 1/2 nonsense

But y’all knew this was gonna be a two parter all along

Nah. They straight up lied lol

Exactly the same thing as a misdirection. Look it up. I dont know how yall are even not understanding how the ending of this film would go. Just because they changed the title, yall thought they rewrote the entire films? :lol:

So you wanted them to tell you straight up that the first film had no stakes and that A4 is a continuation. That's not smart. Misdirection is all over this movie. They even made footage solely for the trailers that misguide everyone
Nah they didn't need to tell us anything.

Marketing 101. They saw the diminishing returns and bad press from **** like Mockingjay and put the kibosh on that part 1/2 nonsense

But y’all knew this was gonna be a two parter all along

I didn't think people were that gullible. It's been clear a long time ago it was a two part story. But just because the directors lied. Which they usually do, its unclear all of a sudden:lol:

No I wanted them to have conviction in what they were doing and instill a level of faith in the viewer. We’re 18 films in. If it takes two acts to give a finale than so be it. You’re able to take your time and give us a proper story for investing our own time. But if you’re dishonest about how a story is gonna be presented and then rush the first story and have NO CONVICTION IN YOUR CONSEQUENCES and force the viewer to wait for a follow up now you’ve waisted peoples time by subverting expectations. You hyped this up as the end when it’s not. It’s laughable how clearly not it is...

Marketing 101

Piss off your fan base 101

Reactions: Ube
No I wanted them to have conviction in what they were doing and instill a level of faith in the viewer. We’re 18 films in. If it takes two acts to give a finale than so be it. You’re able to take your time and give us a proper story for investing our own time. But if you’re dishonest about how a story is gonna be presented and then rush the first story and have NO CONVICTION IN YOUR CONSEQUENCES and force the viewer to wait for a follow up now you’ve waisted peoples time by subverting expectations. You hyped this up as the end when it’s not. It’s laughable how clearly not it is...

Piss off your fan base 101

Dawg, your whole point boils down to they lied to me. Exclude the obvious of what everybody should've saw coming. It's the you lied to me part?

Whether or not they lied is irrelevant at this point. The ending we got is the ending we got.

And it simply felt jarring and incomplete with no sense of direction. While they could have gotten away with an ending like that for a television show or comic book,, using something like that for a FILM as massive as this is quite amateur-ish

Kathleen Kennedy ready to welcome you back with open arms man

If Kathleen can get George Lucas to direct a Star Wars film again, we’ll talk. With that being said MURDERER!

Dawg, your whole point boils down to they lied to me. Exclude the obvious of what everybody should've saw coming. It's the you lied to me part?

Lmao G thats the tip of the iceberg. You bold enough, click on the spoiler.

-Banner can’t turn into Hulk and no real explanation is given other than “he’s scared”

-Thor goes on a side quest that does NOTHING for the story nor his character development

-Thanos the being that’s INFATUATED with death literally cries because he has to kill to get what he wants

- Thanos’ reasoning for carrying out his plan is so the universe can be at peace

-Red Skull is the overseer of the soul stone (lmfao)

-The snap kills people heroes with confirmed sequels namely Spider-Man and Black Panther

-The snap conveniently leaves the original Avengers alive, no explanation.

-Nick Fury and Maria Hill just casually driving in New York yet never let there presence known while the Avengers were on the verge of killing each other in Civil War

-Nick Fury conveniently had a pager to alert Captain Marvel all this time.

That’s just off my the top of my head. Unacceptable.

Last edited:
Whether or not they lied is irrelevant at this point. The ending we got is the ending we got.

And it simply felt jarring and incomplete with no sense of direction. While they could have gotten away with an ending like that for a television show or comic book,, using something like that for a FILM as massive as this is quite amateur-ish
I don't really care if the two movies are actually two parter complements of each other. As long as the movie is enjoyable I'm cool. While I am surprised there is a cliffhanger, I've always known the mcu was going to keep going and that there was A4 next yr.

I'm willing to bet there will be other ppl who care though.

The vast majority of mcu fanbase are casuals..

Back
Top Bottom