WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

As long as stuff doesn't feel wasted, like AOU

AOU got weighted down by the bad and poor pacing.. but people don't even realize all of the good in that movie

Even had someone recently make the absurd comment of saying it was the worst in the MCU, when it's definitely better than at the very least 5 movies (first avenger, 1 &2 Thor and 2 & 3 I.. at the least)

I understand what you mean, about the get your head wrapped around it part. It was so much... I'm not going back to the theaters to watch again but when I do. i'll be able to slow it down.

every part in this movie had purpose nothing like AOU.
The pacing was great, Just ALOT to process

AoU had weird pacing. It slowed down then it picked up and then it slowed down again, and then it picked up

Just from reading non spoiler reviews, sounds like to me infinity war has one pqce, it's non-stop...but some ppl didn't like that though. Some reviewers wanted a chance to breathe and process lol

I think the non stop of it is what made the movie so great to me. Especially since I'm a huge fan of stories written this way (GOT, OUaT) So this was right up my alley.
If you couldn't keep you must not have watched the other movies in the last year because it was still easy to follow what was going on.

in the end though you were just like wow... so all that just happened

Non stop is cool as long as it’s not brainless. Transformers 3’s hour long action scene is a good description of brainless action

AoU had weird pacing. It slowed down then it picked up and then it slowed down again, and then it picked up

Just from reading non spoiler reviews, sounds like to me infinity war has one pqce, it's non-stop...but some ppl didn't like that though. Some reviewers wanted a chance to breathe and process lol

*** of Ultron felt like a commercial made into a movie or a movie with commercials in it. The pacing felt off because you can see where they tried to shove in some type of 4th wall character screen wink referencing future plans

I wouldn’t say TDK or Logan as far as where this movie goes...Those movies are very grounded and feel real...

Infinity War is about as close to a comic book as we’ve ever gotten on film...It’s also a very somber film...I felt drained after I watched it...Very much akin to Empire Strikes Back...
This is a dream come true for me. A “true” comic movie.

My only real real issue with the pacing was the hulkbuster scene.. that's an all time great scene, but you just don't fully appreciate it

Those dream sequences right before it are the first pieces that should be cut.. and could easily have gone elsewhere, have that wayyy before if you want to keep that stuff

GotG 2 was rated 83 percent but Dr Strange was rated 89 percent on RT?

AoU was rated 75 percent.

I feel better about IW's 87 percent. The movie will be fine..

My only real real issue with the pacing was the hulkbuster scene.. that's an all time great scene, but you just don't fully appreciate it

Those dream sequences right before it are the first pieces that should be cut.. and could easily have gone elsewhere, have that wayyy before if you want to keep that stuff
The dream sequences just felt lazy to me and overly long

This movie got me feeling depressed even after the end credits scene. Need someone to talk to about that final sequence

I’m here for you fam. They did it for cheap emotions and it pisses me off. If you’re gonna kill, KILL EVERYONE sans a heroes we think are incapable of delivering a plan to bring restore that status quo. You killed the the characters we know for a fact will be resurrected yet still wanted to carry that title of despair. You left around the original Avengers who’ve had the most character development (except for Hulk...don’t even get me started on how shafted he’s been) and essentially give them a platform again to become more developed as opposed to the newer players. I’m really not understanding this. I expected deaths, it was inevitable. It’s based off of Infinity Gauntlet. But the deaths seemed like they were done for the sole purpose of honoring the source material and not within the context of the MCU to move the overarching story forward. And the thing is how you’re feeling is how I expect the majority of audiences to feel. Multiple viewings of this film won’t be favorable. Who wants to watch Spider-Man cry and say he doesn’t want to die while dying multiple times? And then the fact that this time next year we’ll watch that same scene and roll our eyes asking “what was that for?” being that everything gets rectified to no surprise.

I’m right there with on the teleportation without the bifrost thing...Legit scratched my head at that one...Makes no sense in the continuity of the universe and what was set up in Ragnorok...

As for Gamora though...I think her whole plan was to distract Thanos long enough so that it bought Thor the time to create Stormbreaker, which at the time seemed like the most logical way to actually stop Thanos...Unfortunately she was working under the assumption that he wouldn’t be able to gain access to the soul stone since he loved nothing, thus he wouldn’t be able to unlock the full power of the gauntlet...In reality it just dawned on her at that exact moment that he did in fact love her and that he was legit going to complete the gauntlet...She saw killing herself right there as the final option to stopping him...

The Russo’s we’re out of their depth. This is just inexcusable. The whole Gamora thing is another thing that seems like it was for cheap emotion because she told Quill to kill her if Thanos got his hands on her only for her to acquiesce and put her guard down only for then to realize his plan would get into effect. Obviously hypotheticals have no place in a comic book film but it just seems ridiculously contrived that Gamora had all the intel on Thanos, knew that she herself was instrumental in him achieving his goals yet would leave it up to a person she just met to fix the situation when she knew what she had to do the WHOLE TIME to guarantee him not reaching his goal.

And dog....Red Skull got teleported by the Cosmic cube/Tesseract/Space gem to a random planet and is now the overseer of......the soul stone :stoneface: How does a Nazi agent from the 40’s give a cosmic being from space exposé on a cosmic artifact :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

I'm too lazy for spoiler tags, I didn't overly Spoil anything, but read at your own risk
READ
AT
YOUR
OWN
RISK

Yes

no

1. At first I was upset, but then after watching more I understood. He did get that work. as far as having them be OP i don't think this movie would have had that be a problem. Especially for the scene that they were needed. They had no problem for Thor being that.
2. He was done very well in this movie. nice little quips. he was basically used like he was in CW3
3. Not forced, I was excited. Not sure about the actor. His explanation made sense.
4. I'm not up to date on the Thanos comic, but from what my wife and friend said they understood his reasoning well and they're not comic heads. Thanos IS this movie. Very well acted, very well done.
5. That scene and with the upcomming movie, yea A4 is going to be super perdictable. Still will be fun to watch.

I'ma be honest with you. I dont know. This film was great... It bought everything you wanted feels, action, comedy, drama. TDK was real. and it was singular. This was emotional, but there was still so much more going on that you almost didn't have time to feel that way since the scene jumping was pretty fast.

I’m eager to see it and dissect it cause I’m honestly....dog....I’m disappointed.

I couldn’t find a dope shirt so I’m gonna make one. Ordered these patches. Gonna throw em on a long sleeve and have one of those mall kiosks print the infinity war logo on the back. Then imma sit back with my gauntlet and cup and enjoy the end.

9BEA6503-9F73-4EDD-87B1-14323E543BF7.jpeg

@tdogg lamekilla lamekilla

How did Thor get his eye back? Can he fly without Mjolnir? Does Stormbreaker help him fly or does he have the ability on his own?Oh, how does Loki die?

supposedly Rocket gives Thor a cybernetic eye or something. It’s a play on the joke from Guardians 1 with him still having the eye he asked for in the jail sequence :stoneface: :stoneface: I’ve watched some of the scenes that have leaked online particularly with Thor coming to Wakanda and it seems as if he’s flying but Stormbreaker is pointless because he literally does nothing with it. He impales Thanos in the chest with the axe end and starts talking **** to Thanos saying “I told you, you die” and Thanos says something to the effect of “you should have aimed for the head” and then does the snap. Thanos disappears into a portal or something. Loki dies by being choked to death by Thanos

This who have officially seen it please proofread to make sure I’m accurate.

supposedly Rocket gives Thor a cybernetic eye or something. It’s a play on the joke from Guardians 1 with him still having the eye he asked for in the jail sequence :stoneface: :stoneface: I’ve watched some of the scenes that have leaked online particularly with Thor coming to Wakanda and it seems as if he’s flying but Stormbreaker is pointless because he literally does nothing with it. He impales Thanos in the chest with the axe end and starts talking **** to Thanos saying “I told you, you die” and Thanos says something to the effect of “you should have aimed for the head” and then does the snap. Thanos disappears into a portal or something. Loki dies by being choked to death by Thanos

This who have officially seen it please proofread to make sure I’m accurate.

Yup. Pretty accurate :smile:

Back
Top Bottom