MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
To me it's about redeeming factors since the other Marvel series had their weak spots.

LC had the black excellence, the soundtrack, and blaxplotation. JJ had Kilgrave just being one of the best villains in the MCU. DD was great from action to story then they brought in Punisher and Kingpin.

That was all despite some corny villains, padding due to amount of eps, too much focus on annoying weaker characters, lack of good action in some shows, etc.

IF tone and quality wise is on par but it's lacking that redeeming factor that makes you say I didn't like _____ but it had ______. Gao was introduced in DD. The action here isn't as great as DD. Each show has their own thing but this one hasn't completely nailed it down. To me they made attempts to not make this similar to DD due to the obvious similarities but to me it hasn't fully grasped its own identity. Its just journey of a dude finding himself warring with his old self and new mantle.

Anytime he does something like spout a Buddhist saying, or a prayer, or anything related to Asian culture, it just falls flat.

*edit

It's also annoying that when it's multiple opponents he disposes each one so fast but if it's only one guy he has to put down it takes forever :rofl:

I can forgive the former, I guess, but fighting inconsistencies like that is annoying as hell lol

*edit

Yea. Idk if it's the writing...but it's hard to take what Finn Jones says as IF seriously lol.

*edit

Yea I'm only on episode 6 but I think I've seen enough to say that Finn Jones is definitely the weakest actor of The Defenders.

Last edited:
I'm actually loving the show. It's a very well paced series. I don't even feel like Luke cage was this paced, well it definitely wasn't toward the end but of course I still need to finish IF. I'm on episode 6 and it's the good. The critics want so bad for Marvel to fall on its face. The irony will be in the fact that Danny will more than likely be the standout Defender when fighting the Hand in the Defenders series and of course he's gonna be fighting alongside his partner in business and the guy with the most talked about Marvel Netflix series. The feels when Finn Jones hooks up with the bae Simone Missick on screen is gonna be comic book bliss. Misty and Danny :nthat:

Last edited:
Truth be told, Rosario Dawson got corny in these series' really quick. Night nurse was never that important.

She said it more than once?

And shes appreciated. She's like Phil Coulson. She just may bring em together. Plus those lips.

And shes appreciated. She's like Phil Coulson. She just may bring em together. Plus those lips.

Pretty weak she hasn't said more to this point with how far they've gone

By the trip to china time, she should have been trying set up a meet and greet

Hell when the hand first came up, she should have said something

Last edited:
I wish the Bokuto plot and Davos showed up like 2 or 3 dps sooner the way this is ending.

I remember when Bokuto first showed up I thought Marvel was introducing the OG White Tiger :lol:

Truth be told, Rosario Dawson got corny in these series' really quick. Night nurse was never that important.
It's weird cuz she's barely Night Nurse :lol: She patces ppl up but what Gao said was on point.

I was literally just waiting for Danny to give her one of the Rand buildings or warehouses and turn it in to an undercover emergency clinic for vigilantes.

At least 4 times. Peep the ep she shows up near the end saying it when she deals with that dude's knife wound. Just keeps going.

I didn't mind her showing up on 2 series totalling 3 seasons but here They seemed to stretch it with her going with them to China. Now she's fighting with Vega's claws? C'mon now.

Phil was always in the movies for light doses. He never almost got enough lines to he had his own subplot going in multiple movies.

Last edited:
I'm actually loving the show. It's a very well paced series. I don't even feel like Luke cage was this paced, well it definitely wasn't toward the end but of course I still need to finish IF. I'm on episode 6 and it's the good. The critics want so bad for Marvel to fall on its face. The irony will be in the fact that Danny will more than likely be the standout Defender when fighting the Hand in the Defenders series and of course he's gonna be fighting alongside his partner in business and the guy with the most talked about Marvel Netflix series. The feels when Finn Jones hooks up with the bae Simone Missick on screen is gonna be comic book bliss. Misty and Danny :nthat:

One of the best paced Marvel Netflix shows in general. None of the episodes felt like filler. I've got one episode left and I'm loving it. Without spoilers, I like how they handled the villains, the strings being pulled, elevating threat, and the power struggle between the villains and the corporate scheming. I really think they made good use of all 12 episodes I've seen so far.

About the reviews. Haven't read a single one. I don't care about that, but I think some people maybe put up a defense because of the white foreigner coming to Asia and becoming the powerful protector trope. I agree that Hollywood could stand to groom some a lot more Asian, Middle Eastern, Native American, etc. stars because certain demographics are severely underrepresented in North America, but it's not a Dragonball: Evolution, The Last Airbender, or Ghost in the Shell scenario.

One of the best paced Marvel Netflix shows in general. None of the episodes felt like filler. I've got one episode left and I'm loving it. Without spoilers, I like how they handled the villains, the strings being pulled, elevating threat, and the power struggle between the villains and the corporate scheming. I really think they made good use of all 12 episodes I've seen so far.

About the reviews. Haven't read a single one. I don't care about that, but I think some people maybe put up a defense because of the white foreigner coming to Asia and becoming the powerful protector trope. I agree that Hollywood could stand to groom some a lot more Asian, Middle Eastern, Native American, etc. stars because certain demographics are severely underrepresented in North America, but it's not a Dragonball: Evolution, The Last Airbender, or Ghost in the Shell scenario.
What's crazy is the PC crowd is kinda bashing it because of the fact that he's white, and because of that, whifolk are loving this show. Saying its better than LC and LC only got the love it did because critics didn't want to be considered racist.  I swear, wypipo never amaze me 
laugh.gif

I just find it silly that this Ward dude was willing to kill Danny twice to keep control of the company, then all of a sudden he was cool with taking a vacation, and then after that, he was all good with signing a severance package and walking away from the company :lol:

I just find it silly that this Ward dude was willing to kill Danny twice to keep control of the company, then all of a sudden he was cool with taking a vacation, and then after that, he was all good with signing a severance package and walking away from the company
laugh.gif
He did kinda have a mental breakdown all throughout the season. And he's pretty much a  drug addict.

I just find it silly that this Ward dude was willing to kill Danny twice to keep control of the company, then all of a sudden he was cool with taking a vacation, and then after that, he was all good with signing a severance package and walking away from the company :lol:
He did kinda have a mental breakdown all throughout the season. And he's pretty much a  drug addict.

Still seems like a really weird 180.
You were willing to kill your childhood friend to keep the company, but then when some coots wanted to vote you out, you don't wanna fight? Na.

*edit

OK ok this guy is all over the place. Guess he really doesn't have the mental fortitude to fight.

Last edited:
The Jessica Jones mention was really low key. If I wasn't paying attention to the convo, it would've flew over my head :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't know Joy bae was played by Jessica Stroup until episode 4.

Not really liking the iron fist character. Too awkward and not charming for you to overlook it. I need my kung fu heroes to be cool.

Only on episode 5 but hope a certain once dead character from one of the other shows will make an appearance.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ the fanboys defending this awful show :x

I'm suppose to believe Rosario Dawson/ the nurse can wash some of the Hand goons :smh:

the casting/acting, story :x

the fight choreography :lol:

How many characters did face > heel turns vice versa SMH

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom