MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Only up to episode 9. Should be done by tomorrow easily. Unless some major improvement happens, I think the only marvel netflix show I can put this over is Jessica Jones.

Show is fun to watch. Definitely not boring.

I think the only issue is that they were all over the place with the Ward character.
Kinda repeating the same **** that they did with the Mariah character in LC where they become unpredictable, get out of character, and suffer a mental breakdown. His motivation was all over the place too. Was willing to kill his childhood friend to keep the company then he was wiling to kill his dad to leave the company. Character is just a mess.

Last edited:
Don't get it. They're really not alike.

Takes until more than half a dozen eps before you even see Danny's master.

point being doctor strange waa greatness so watching this immediately after might make it look even more bad than it is

For me, I wouldn't even think to compare Strange to IF unless I see plot similarities.

I try to compare the marvel netflix shows to each other and the mcu movies to each other.

I know technically the marvel netflix show is technically a part of the mcu but I got in the habit of considering the marvel netflix shows their own universe now lol

Turk should've showed up somehow :lol:

I'm really digging who they cast as Harold Meachum. I was waiting and anticipating all season for him to show his true colors to Danny so while it was good I'm not satisified with it being just the finale ep.

I just find it silly that this Ward dude was willing to kill Danny twice to keep control of the company, then all of a sudden he was cool with taking a vacation, and then after that, he was all good with signing a severance package and walking away from the company :lol:
I thought he was flip flopping until they made it clear those weren't mints he was taking but muscle relaxers and they leaned heavy in Tony is dad tormenting him for a decade +.

It made more and more sense ep by ep. Harold was/is a scumbag dad.

Dude is still a jerk. He didn't want to kill a childhood friend, he wanted to kill some homeless bum he thought was trying to con him. Then it's revealed they weren't even friends as kids. What friend you know repeatedly strikes you in your nuts? Throws you in a freezer?

He even tells Danny I'm not helping you cuz you're in trouble in doing it for myself.

Only redeeming quality he has is w/e leche has for Joy and that's just another reason Ward is exactly like Harold..

Don't get it. They're really not alike.

Takes until more than half a dozen eps before you even see Danny's master.

point being doctor strange waa greatness so watching this immediately after might make it look even more bad than it is
Oh I don't think that at all. Like I don't see that. Not a strong point.

Last edited:
Zik

I know at first he didn't think dude was Danny but after the car ride, when Danny hijacked him, I felt he knew but he still tried to have him killed in the psych unit lol. At that point, his dad was even saying, i'm sure that's Danny. Do what I say and get him somewhere safe. And he went against it anyway. I feel like that character overall is a mess and the writers were jerking him around. Very easily the worst part of the show, I'd say.

Also
He even tells Danny, I'm not helping you cuz you're in trouble, I'm doing this for myself

I don't remember this. What was that conversation about?

Last edited:
Yea Harold was dope.

I love that dude.

He always brings it.

This is pretty much his character from Australia.
His role as Dilios in 300 is Supreme though, the narration is just masterful in that film.

Last edited:
Definitely the weakest of the Netflix marvel shows seasons so far..

Didn't like how naive they made dude.. even after stuff would happen with certain characters dude was right back to being overly trusting again

Who is the showrunner for The Defenders again? I just want to know if the show I've been waiting for is in good hands lol

Last edited:
Or other thing about the figh scenes, when they chose to do split screens they should've went all in With it. Really play with it. Even break it up and do a whole Brady Bunch 6 panel one for each attack sort of thing. Tarantino played with it well in Kill Bill.

I feel like they were trying to capture that kind of kung fu movie action but didn't fully commit.

We only got it twice.

Zik

I know at first he didn't think dude was Danny but after the car ride, when Danny hijacked him, I felt he knew but he still tried to have him killed in the psych unit lol. At that point, his dad was even saying, i'm sure that's Danny. Do what I say and get him somewhere safe. And he went against it anyway. I feel like that character overall is a mess and the writers were jerking him around. Very easily the worst part of the show, I'd say.

Also
He even tells Danny, I'm not helping you cuz you're in trouble, I'm doing this for myself

I don't remember this. What was that conversation about?
I understood the character's struggles and what the writers were doing. It isn't meant to be pretty. Dude represents a lot of rich white male 1st world problems.

He said that to Danny afterHarold framed him for the drug trafficking. Ward meets Danny in some alley and Danny is all like thanks and Ward is like I'm doing this for me. Its right before Danny tells him Harold had his parents killed and he freaks out.

Last edited:
Finished IF and while it isn't overly terrible, it's alright and had intriguing concepts but it could have been much, much better. It started well enough but just went downhill for my liking.

First I do not like Finn Jones as IF/Danny Rand, it just never became convincing. Ang not just the acting but the movements, when he is doing his yoga-chi-recharge, he looks mad awkward like some dude who learned it from youtube videos.

Also, towards the last few episodes, they managed to make almost every character annoying, even Claire.

The resolution wasn't done well and wasn't fulfilling, and Danny just stayed a whiny, dumb lil' child the whole way through.

Overall it's a good effort, a mediocre show but a bad IF show. There just isn't enough of that Ion Fist, dude rarely used it and he struggled most of it with really no pay off in the end.

It's like Agents of Shield in the beginning when they refused to use powered people.

They also left us with nothing to look forward to for the Defenders.

Last edited:
Finished episode 8 and thats my favorite so far. That fight with Zhou Cheng was interesting. Due to how slow it started and the reviews, I thought I would force myself to like this but I genuinely do. This is better paced than all the other shows so far and the connection between IF and Colleen is the most genuine romance from the shows. Action aside and a few other issues that I'll discuss when done, I'm happy with it so far. I have no attatchmemt to IF so I don't care about the kung fu stuff or lack thereof.

Last edited:
DareDevil
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage

The critics got it wrong.
I really thought this was done well.
I like the story, setting and cast more than DD but overall I still give the edge to DD.

On episode 10, and that video footage looks like someone in an IF traditional costume. Also, I guess Danny didn't get all the training he was supposed to get sonce he's still learning stuff

Man I legit struggled to finish LC.

I liked hardly anything, but the music was amazing.

I hated, absolutely hated the casting.
Alfre Woodard and Jacob Vargas , Immediately made it feel like a Lifetime Movie.

It's the worst role I've ever seen Merhershala in.(I almost had to watch House of Cards after to redeems my thoughts on him)

Theo Rossi as Shades was twice as bad as Merhershala as Cottonmouth, though.

Erik Harvey was three times as bad as Theo, though.
Hard to say if I hated his acting or his being casting as Dimondback more.

Know this, I loved LC in Jessica Jones and I never knew of Luke Cage prior to this series(same as IF) but LC series almost ruined the whole Character in general.

Don't even get me started on Simmone.
Beautiful yes, hated her in the series.

**** was so bad.

Mahershala was the best part about LC. The brother is great in everything he's in. I couldn't stand variant Oprah though. I loved the LC series mainly because of the combination of everything. Setting, music, themes, etc.

I still don't think Colter was the right casting for Luke though. The guy is lacking the charisma. He's kind of wooden. Every time he labored to say "Sweet Christmas!" under his breath was a let down. I loved IF too, but I agree with the people saying Finn Jones wasn't a great Danny either. I hope these guys manage to get the personalities down when they finally team up.

7ca6a5fa_iron-fist-urban-experience.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom