MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Haven't watched an episode yet, but it sounds like they're trying to do the David Carradine thing where he takes out a grip of this while moving like molasses. I'm guessing it's a shoutout to the Kung Fu series.

Does nobody see that the fights are telegraphed on purpose?

I'm not reaching.
Am I reaching?
I'm serious.
I need to read some articles.
I need to see what these "critics" are saying
Or some one link a Reddit thread.
There is always some Reddit thread where all the Masters of the Film and TV Theory and Plot sequences hang out and talk like they're reading a critique straight from an article, and drop TV Woj Bombs

Does nobody see that the fights are telegraphed on purpose?

I'm not reaching.
Am I reaching?
I'm serious.
I need to read some articles.
I need to see what these "critics" are saying
Or some one link a Reddit thread.
There is always some Reddit thread where all the Masters of the Film and TV Theory and Plot sequences hang out and talk like they're reading a critique straight from an article, and drop TV Woj Bombs

I haven't seen many episodes yet but I already do feel like the show is paying homage to any Kung fu flick ever when a master fights someone inferior. Any scenario like that the fights look like a joke and don't feel real.

I think to see the intense fights it'll be later on when IF fights someone on his level. We shall see..

Last edited:
Episode 9, opening scene
sick.gif
eek.gif

I was hoping this is what it was going to be.
nthat.gif

Just finished ep 6.  They got Job from Banshee in here as well as Bunker.  Show isn't bad at all to me thus far, fighting isn't on the same level as Daredevil, Banshee or Into The Badlands which are the best for tv show standards i seen.  Is that an Aston Martin DB11 or Vanquish that Danny is driving?

Yo... who ever said that Ward sounds like Fred Armisted is right

:rofl:

Good show so far. I'm at the end of episode 2

a-friend a-friend is completely right. From the first episode with his tussle with security, Danny has never used a fraction of his strength. He's always evading and at most subduing but not harming anyone. Same in the comics if someone wasn't skilled. He used his chi for self defense more than for offense unless he was fighting someone of his caliber.

That the fights are that telegraphed aren't that good of a thing.

Yes yes he superior fighter and shouldn't be brutalizing the common man but there is something to how gruesome the DD fights are that this lacks. It's not the biggest flaw but I can't ignore it.

If they did it in purpose of wasn't 100% a good thing. If they going that route they need to have Danny smirking and smiling showing that he's completely outmatching these dudes. Talk **** to them as he styles on them.

The show is as its best when it's dealing strictly with the Hand. It has really picked up at episode 5.

Don't think I'm gonna make it through this first episode. Straight *** cheeks. I'm gonna bust out my Brubaker omnibus instead

Starting episode 4. I'm enjoying the **** out of this show. Marvel netflix must've done something to piss off the critics. Maybe spit on someone's face or some ish lol

*edit

Episode 4 is so awkward. Lmao

I'm not feeling anything business related.

Can't wait for 5, since I'm having that's when it picks up

Last edited:
I finished 8 episodes so far and it's not bad at all. I'm actually enjoying the story unravel. There were some moments that were kind of cringe and the fighting hasn't fully delivered on what I expected for an Iron Fist series, but it's still a good show.

Also, Colleen Wing is looking real nice. :evil:

Show isn't even bad. It should be a positively rated show, easily.

However. I wouldn't argue if you were to say that this is the weakest of the four netflix shows.

On episode 8, glad Harold is gone. Hope Ward gets offed soon as well. Joy can stay,

I'm on the last episode but taking a break to start noting some things:

1) Casting ... I like everyone except for Finn. It could be a combination of the hair, his petulance which wouldn't be his fault if the character is like that in the comics. the way he shakes like a drug addict when he is having those flashes. I am not sure but not feeling it ... Colleen choice was excellent...
Did they make Danny annoying on purpose or is he like this in the comics? It's annoying to see him get warnings from people and ignore them constantly and then get in trouble.

2) Story ... Not a slow burn. i haven't seen what the critics said other than seeing the 17% RT. They are way off on this. I'm into the story and it's one of the stronger ones out of the series. For me i'm enjoying it right behind Daredevil season 1.
Whether they tell it right or not is a different story but with the show is winning between Gao and Bakuto alone vying for leadership. Second, Bakuto discussing it isn't about governments, ruling the world; it's corporations is extremely relevant. Having someone like Danny come in and give meds at cost, shaking up the Board who just wants profits, etc. is interesting to me. Where i do take issue, is some things aren't plausible e.g. DEA ... not buying it. How long has it been since he returned?

Claire is used too much. Some of lines are funny but it got annoying for me.
Gao is excellent this season
Bakuto is solid to me
Joy is strong e.g. the cancer scene ... struggling with what she is doing but staying loyal to the company
Ward is solid
Meachum is decent ... no real issue

3) Fighting: It's a mixed bad. sometimes it looks great and other times, not good. I'm not buying he is so skilled. Why not? The show is telling me constantly, that this is the worst IRON FIST ever. At some point, it sticks. You cannot tell me that this guy sucks and then have fights that look the way they do
e.g. the tournament ... nah, they missed on that one with fight with the chick with the darts who went down with 1 kick to the face

4) From Come Down, to Animus Vox, etc... i'm enjoying the soundtrack quite a bit

5) Writing: Another weakness.

On episode 7, probably the weakest marvel Netflix show so far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom