MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
He takes on a weird affect to his voice whenever he spouts out his east-isms

That's what's undermining his authenticity.

It has 5 stars on Netflix, I could see there being a S2.

Also, Defenders finished filming today.

Netflix star ratings don't really work that way

I think they're based on things that you have personally watched and rated. So if you watched LC and JJ and rated them 5 stars, IF will probably show as 5 too.

Yall are something else man

The show isn't atrocious but its weak as hell
I'm not arguing for it being the best but I've noticed theres always been a divide among fans for which Netflix series is good or the best by ranking.

Some think JJ is just plain bad, some haven't even finished the season.

Some think DD has gone to **** and the only thing that salvaged the last season was the Punisher.

LC is recent and some feel the season fell a part towards the end with corniness, and a weak lame villain in Diamondback.

So there's no surprise given the different flavor here ppl are rating IF highly even with its faults.

I've kept in mind the legit criticisms of these shows by ppl who have been reviewing and voicing complaints so once you if ore the ppl that wanted this to be bad, lame ppl with poor opinions in general and/or with strong bias it's a mixed bag of what ranks as best and worst.

I enjoyed the season. Its not bad to me at all. With that said, just in comparison it's at the bottom. The other 3 had greater impacts on me.

Last edited:
My views on the whole Danny being naive and Finn as IF:

I'm not sharing the sentiment of Finn as IF not working.
I really like his portrayal of this character.

I think his "softness" or naievitiy adds to the character, And I think he's damn near perfect in the role.

I've never met or heard of IF before NETFLIX so that might weigh in on my feelings too but for real, I like Finn here.
I've been thinking of it and I'm leaning with agreeing.

I'm specifically dwelling on his naivety and easily trusting ppl. I liked it. He didn't grow up in that 1% lifestyle. Them monks had him on some other ****. Plus he's just a trusting dude given owopen he was to Ward given he was already a bully to him as kids.

As far as IF the comic, he's different. Thing is writers/showrunerr had some room to work cuz there is no long running IF comic and there's not a lot of early first years as IF stories.

IIRC, Danny didn't just dip after becoming IF. He stayed for 7 years training and defending K'un L'un before returning to deal with his parents murder and the Meachums.

So it's just wildly differe t with that dynamic. Also Danny doesn't have that much of a supporting cast so there's nobody for him to be too trusting of and he isn't super naive but there's nothing saying he couldn't have been when he was younger.

As far as Finn as IF I also had no problem with it. His acting fit the writing well.
A lot of these complaints about Danny/Finn I just don't get. Seems nitpicky. The other stuff is intentional by design.

They had their own take for a IF that was not already an ultimate warrior immortal weapon.

All the talk about him not being a good IF seemed to solely stem from him leaving his post not cuz of his fighting ability.

The hand was handled significantly better in DD

Agreed, and y weren't they in ninja suits? they just regular goons now
From my understanding of the twist in the plot. Bokutonwas out here trying to make the Hand as treacherous as Hydra but a bit more cultish in appearance.

I liked it. Threw me off completely.

DD S1 i think is the only one everyone can agree on ...

I thought punisher arc was dope and i thought elektra actress and arc were terrible

I thought Colleen Wing saved Iron Fist because Danny Rand actor was terrible

I thought Diamondback arc was terrible (lines, acting, end fight, all of it) but thought Cottonmouth arc was amazing

I thought all of JJ was terrible outside of the main villain ... i had to force myself to watch it and i think it took over a month... all of the other shows were finished in the first 10 days

We're all different and have different reasons for liking these shows ... We don't have to agree on IF but there are some serious miscues ... THAT IS A FACT

My views on the whole Danny being naive and Finn as IF:
A lot of these complaints about Danny/Finn I just don't get. Seems nitpicky. The other stuff is intentional by design.

They had their own take for a IF that was not already an ultimate warrior immortal weapon.

All the talk about him not being a good IF seemed to solely stem from him leaving his post not cuz of his fighting ability.
From my understanding of the twist in the plot. Bokutonwas out here trying to make the Hand as treacherous as Hydra but a bit more cultish in appearance.

I liked it. Threw me off completely.

I don't know the comics but with Bakuto, it seemed like a page from the foot clan manual w/ shredder taking troubled kids to join the cult ...

The way this dude Davos holds himself is more how I imagined Danny should act like.

If color blind casting was a real thing, I would've casted that dude instead for IF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom