Marvel Video Games Thread :: Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Out Now!

Damn I want to buy this but I don’t have a ps4 :frown: looks so good

I don’t play games that much and when I do I just buy them on my friends Xbox

I have been waiting for sooo long. I've been playing spiderman and spider-man 2: enter electro like crazy lately. I remember playing the amazing Spider-Man and liking it and being hyped for TASM 2 and being extremely disappointed by it. I got the collector's edition and the pro bundle preordered. I cannot wait, this is gonna be a long month

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I hope we see Miles in his Spidey outfit at some point in the game.

Slacker, I got mine preordered and paid off but I'm looking at that 500 million limited edition now. That thang sexy but my bias for spidey got me stuck. Decisions, decisions
I’d stick with Spidey imo. Idk what it is, but the 500 LE one is still missing something..

I’d stick with Spidey imo. Idk what it is, but the 500 LE one is still missing something..
That's what I'm thinking I'll do. The 500 ps4 looks great to me though, honestly I prefer it. I also have the collectors edition of the game preordered so I'll end up with 2 copies of the game. Probably do a giveaway on YT or something.

marvels-spider-man-e3-2018-screen-05-ps4-us-11jun18

marvels-spider-man-e3-2018-screen-02-ps4-us-11jun18

marvels-spider-man-screen-06-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-e3-2018-screen-04-ps4-us-11jun18

marvels-spider-man-e3-2018-screen-06-ps4-us-11jun18

marvels-spider-man-e3-2018-screen-01-ps4-us-11jun18

marvels-spider-man-screen-02-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-16-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-05-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-04-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-01-ps4-us-29mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-03-ps4-us-29mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-10-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-screen-13-ps4-us-30mar18

marvels-spider-man-e3-2018-screen-03-ps4-us-11jun18

marvels-spider-man-screen-02-ps4-us-29mar18

venoms not really a staple of the Sinister6 and I think he deserves to be his own villain and if he doesn't show up, chances are they'll leave a lot of easter eggs and clues in his existence and tease it for the sequel

we might even see eddie brock?

i wouldn't mind if they saved a whole symbiote story for the sequel with venom, carnage, toxin, anti-venom, etc...

Think I'm gonna either sell or customize the controller

Feel like they could've done better with it tbh

Ahead of Spider-Man's release on September 7th, Titan Books is releasing Spider-Man: Hostile Takeover, a prequel novel which sheds some light on what the wall-crawler was up to before we met him and sets the stage for the confrontation with The Kingpin of Crime which kicks off the game.

Titan was kind enough to send over a copy to us so we're now breaking down some of its biggest reveals to tell you more about what to expect from the highly anticipated PlayStation 4 release!

There's a lot here which not just explains how this Spider-Man differs to other versions but also big hints about other characters and villains we should expect to see and what exactly the future could hold in store for them once we meet them in the game. To see the full list, hit the "View List" button.

Peter Parker's Mysterious Employer
doctor_octopus.jpg

Throughout the novel, Peter Parker refers to his "boss," an amazing scientist who is attempting to create robotic, artificial limbs for people with disabilities. While you might think that sounds like something Dr. Curt Connors would do, it's confirmed fairly early on that The Lizard exists in this world, so common sense says that it's Dr. Otto Octavius who the wall-crawler is actually working with here.

We never meet him in this novel and his identity isn't ever actually revealed but it would make perfect sense, especially as the character is rumoured to be the sixth member of the game's Sinister Six. By the time the novel ends, Peter has been fired but he intends to get his job back and I wouldn't be at surprised if we end up seeing Octavius transform into the villainous Doctor Octopus at some point.

Meet The Osborns
Norman_Osborn_Matthew_Mc_Conaughey_Spider_Man_Movie_Reboot_Avengers.jpg

In the game, Harry will have already moved to Europe but the novel features a lot of his friendship with Peter and while he claims to be heading overseas to "find himself," it sounds like there may be more to that than meets the eye (if the comic books are used as inspiration, it could be because he has substance abuse issues). Harry also doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man and hates his father, Norman.

Speaking of Norman, there's no mention of him ever suiting up as the Green Goblin and the wall-crawler thinks of him as nothing more than Harry's overbearing father and the mayor of New York City. However, it quickly becomes apparent that Stormin' Norman has at least something big to hide...

Norman's Secrets And Dealings With The Kingpin
green_goblin_social.jpg

As Wilson Fisk attempts to find himself a powerful new position within the city which will make him untouchable, it's revealed that he has dirt on Norman, something he can use to get the mayor to appoint him to a position which will stop the cops from ever being able to take him down. We never learn what that is but there's mention of a "cure" which could lead to him taking on a new persona down the line. After all, if he's dying, Norman could inadvertently turn himself into the Green Goblin!

That's not all, though, as we learn that Norman was responsible for experiments which resulted in the creation of the Blood Spider, the lead villain in the novel who was experimented on before he gained spider-powers of his own. It's clear the mayor has a vested interest in creating powered individuals!

Spider-Man's History With The Kingpin
Kingpin_Header.jpg

There's no mention of Daredevil in the book and we learn that a 15-year-old Spider-Man actually attempted to take down the Kingpin of Crime. While Fisk was arrested and forced to flee the country, he's now returned and, as I mentioned above, is looking to establish himself as an honest citizen who can be trusted by the people. Needless to say, that's not something the wall-crawler is happy about!

Taking Down The Kingpin
Marvel_Kingpin_Comic_Good_Guy.jpg

While Peter isn't successful in taking down The Kingpin in this novel, we know that the game kicks off with the hero finally stopping the villain and sending him to jail. This novel very much deals with the build-up to that and finishes where the PS4 title begins. Interestingly, Maya Lopez is revealed to be his foster daughter here and takes on the persona of Echo after being told by Fisk that Spider-Man is responsible for killing her father. However, she soon sees sense and teams up with the web-swinger.

From there, she chooses to leave the city but don't be surprised if we see her make a return in the game as a new ally to Peter rather than the Man Without Fear, her friend and lover in the comics.

Don't Expect A Cameo From Doctor Strange
doctor_strange_header.jpg

There are some fun nods to the wider Marvel Universe throughout this novel, including Peter Parker walking past a house on Bleeker Street and getting a very strange feeling as he does so. That's obviously the home of Doctor Strange but the wall-crawler clearly isn't aware of his existence so fans hoping for a team-up in the game may be disappointed unless we get to see their first meeting.

Some Key First Meetings
Negative1.jpg

The novel features some big moments for Spider-Man, including his first meeting with Yuri Watanabe and Martin Li. Over the course of this adventure, the hero develops a rapport with the lieutenant so it makes sense that will continue in the game. There are zero hints about her becoming Wraith, though.

As for Li, Peter has no suspicions about the F.E.A.S.T. leader's true intentions so time will tell whether or not he's already a villain or we'll get to see his origin story in the game. What we do learn is that he isn't a fan of Norman Osborn so there's a very good chance they'll end up clashing at some point too.

J. Jonah Jameson
Jonah.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson makes only a very brief appearance in the novel as the host of a radio show he uses to drag Spider-Man's name through the dirt. It's clear he was let go from The Daily Bugle and isn't a fan of what Robbie Robertson is doing as the new Editor-in-Chief. By the time all is said and done, he's ditched the Wilson Fisk funded show and launched his own podcast. Interestingly, it sounds like the game will otherwise stick to the comics because Jonah has hated Spidey from the very beginning.

Breaking Up With Mary Jane Watson
Marvel_Spider_Man_Mary_Jane.jpg

When the novel begins, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson are in a very happy relationship but as soon as she lands a job at The Daily Bugle, he starts worrying about her and isn't at all happy about the way she's going after Wilson Fisk. As a result, she grows sick of him smothering her and ends things.

At the end of the book, they haven't seen each other for months and while we know they'll be reunited in the game, it makes sense for that to reunite them as it will make for a very satisfying story arc.

Ahead of Spider-Man's release on September 7th, Titan Books is releasing Spider-Man: Hostile Takeover, a prequel novel which sheds some light on what the wall-crawler was up to before we met him and sets the stage for the confrontation with The Kingpin of Crime which kicks off the game.

Titan was kind enough to send over a copy to us so we're now breaking down some of its biggest reveals to tell you more about what to expect from the highly anticipated PlayStation 4 release!

There's a lot here which not just explains how this Spider-Man differs to other versions but also big hints about other characters and villains we should expect to see and what exactly the future could hold in store for them once we meet them in the game. To see the full list, hit the "View List" button.

Peter Parker's Mysterious Employer
doctor_octopus.jpg

Throughout the novel, Peter Parker refers to his "boss," an amazing scientist who is attempting to create robotic, artificial limbs for people with disabilities. While you might think that sounds like something Dr. Curt Connors would do, it's confirmed fairly early on that The Lizard exists in this world, so common sense says that it's Dr. Otto Octavius who the wall-crawler is actually working with here.

We never meet him in this novel and his identity isn't ever actually revealed but it would make perfect sense, especially as the character is rumoured to be the sixth member of the game's Sinister Six. By the time the novel ends, Peter has been fired but he intends to get his job back and I wouldn't be at surprised if we end up seeing Octavius transform into the villainous Doctor Octopus at some point.

Meet The Osborns
Norman_Osborn_Matthew_Mc_Conaughey_Spider_Man_Movie_Reboot_Avengers.jpg

In the game, Harry will have already moved to Europe but the novel features a lot of his friendship with Peter and while he claims to be heading overseas to "find himself," it sounds like there may be more to that than meets the eye (if the comic books are used as inspiration, it could be because he has substance abuse issues). Harry also doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man and hates his father, Norman.

Speaking of Norman, there's no mention of him ever suiting up as the Green Goblin and the wall-crawler thinks of him as nothing more than Harry's overbearing father and the mayor of New York City. However, it quickly becomes apparent that Stormin' Norman has at least something big to hide...

Norman's Secrets And Dealings With The Kingpin
green_goblin_social.jpg

As Wilson Fisk attempts to find himself a powerful new position within the city which will make him untouchable, it's revealed that he has dirt on Norman, something he can use to get the mayor to appoint him to a position which will stop the cops from ever being able to take him down. We never learn what that is but there's mention of a "cure" which could lead to him taking on a new persona down the line. After all, if he's dying, Norman could inadvertently turn himself into the Green Goblin!

That's not all, though, as we learn that Norman was responsible for experiments which resulted in the creation of the Blood Spider, the lead villain in the novel who was experimented on before he gained spider-powers of his own. It's clear the mayor has a vested interest in creating powered individuals!

Spider-Man's History With The Kingpin
Kingpin_Header.jpg

There's no mention of Daredevil in the book and we learn that a 15-year-old Spider-Man actually attempted to take down the Kingpin of Crime. While Fisk was arrested and forced to flee the country, he's now returned and, as I mentioned above, is looking to establish himself as an honest citizen who can be trusted by the people. Needless to say, that's not something the wall-crawler is happy about!

Taking Down The Kingpin
Marvel_Kingpin_Comic_Good_Guy.jpg

While Peter isn't successful in taking down The Kingpin in this novel, we know that the game kicks off with the hero finally stopping the villain and sending him to jail. This novel very much deals with the build-up to that and finishes where the PS4 title begins. Interestingly, Maya Lopez is revealed to be his foster daughter here and takes on the persona of Echo after being told by Fisk that Spider-Man is responsible for killing her father. However, she soon sees sense and teams up with the web-swinger.

From there, she chooses to leave the city but don't be surprised if we see her make a return in the game as a new ally to Peter rather than the Man Without Fear, her friend and lover in the comics.

Don't Expect A Cameo From Doctor Strange
doctor_strange_header.jpg

There are some fun nods to the wider Marvel Universe throughout this novel, including Peter Parker walking past a house on Bleeker Street and getting a very strange feeling as he does so. That's obviously the home of Doctor Strange but the wall-crawler clearly isn't aware of his existence so fans hoping for a team-up in the game may be disappointed unless we get to see their first meeting.

Some Key First Meetings
Negative1.jpg

The novel features some big moments for Spider-Man, including his first meeting with Yuri Watanabe and Martin Li. Over the course of this adventure, the hero develops a rapport with the lieutenant so it makes sense that will continue in the game. There are zero hints about her becoming Wraith, though.

As for Li, Peter has no suspicions about the F.E.A.S.T. leader's true intentions so time will tell whether or not he's already a villain or we'll get to see his origin story in the game. What we do learn is that he isn't a fan of Norman Osborn so there's a very good chance they'll end up clashing at some point too.

J. Jonah Jameson
Jonah.jpg

J. Jonah Jameson makes only a very brief appearance in the novel as the host of a radio show he uses to drag Spider-Man's name through the dirt. It's clear he was let go from The Daily Bugle and isn't a fan of what Robbie Robertson is doing as the new Editor-in-Chief. By the time all is said and done, he's ditched the Wilson Fisk funded show and launched his own podcast. Interestingly, it sounds like the game will otherwise stick to the comics because Jonah has hated Spidey from the very beginning.

Breaking Up With Mary Jane Watson
Marvel_Spider_Man_Mary_Jane.jpg

When the novel begins, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson are in a very happy relationship but as soon as she lands a job at The Daily Bugle, he starts worrying about her and isn't at all happy about the way she's going after Wilson Fisk. As a result, she grows sick of him smothering her and ends things.

At the end of the book, they haven't seen each other for months and while we know they'll be reunited in the game, it makes sense for that to reunite them as it will make for a very satisfying story arc.

Going to read this later today.

Back
Top Bottom