maryland govenor signs bill that extends in-state tuition breaks to illegal immigrants

i read about this in yesterdays post, shots to my amigos in hyattsville....i say kudos, what are your thoughts?

http://www.washingtonpost...05/10/AFYGMKgG_blog.html

Posted at 07:38 AM ET, 05/10/2011[h1]O’Malley signs immigrant tuition bill[/h1]
By Ann Marimow

Reposted from Maryland Politics blog.

ME_NOTNUMBER1.jpg

Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) talks with students at Oxon Hill high school last September.(Bill O'Leary - WASHINGTON POST)Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) signed off on legislation Tuesday that extends in-state tuition breaks to illegal immigrants, setting up a showdown with opponents who have already started gathering petition signatures to try to force a referendum on the law.

Supporters, including dozens of religious leaders, immigrant advocates, Democratic lawmakers and students, crowded into the governor’s reception room to pose for photos and celebrate during the bill signing.

“We’ve got guts,

i read about this in yesterdays post, shots to my amigos in hyattsville....i say kudos, what are your thoughts?

http://www.washingtonpost...05/10/AFYGMKgG_blog.html

Posted at 07:38 AM ET, 05/10/2011[h1]O’Malley signs immigrant tuition bill[/h1]
By Ann Marimow

Reposted from Maryland Politics blog.

ME_NOTNUMBER1.jpg

Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) talks with students at Oxon Hill high school last September.(Bill O'Leary - WASHINGTON POST)Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) signed off on legislation Tuesday that extends in-state tuition breaks to illegal immigrants, setting up a showdown with opponents who have already started gathering petition signatures to try to force a referendum on the law.

Supporters, including dozens of religious leaders, immigrant advocates, Democratic lawmakers and students, crowded into the governor’s reception room to pose for photos and celebrate during the bill signing.

“We’ve got guts,

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by flores

Kudos 
+1
+2

+3

really sad to see these kids do so well in school & then are shut out of colleges cuz of something their parents did to provide a better life for them...

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by flores

Kudos 
+1
+2

+3

really sad to see these kids do so well in school & then are shut out of colleges cuz of something their parents did to provide a better life for them...

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Smh at non tax payers using my money when there are real American citizens who cant get aid....

Read the %%%#!#% article.

"In a compromise this year, sponsors rewrote the bill to initially direct undocumented students to community colleges. Those who receive an associate’s degree would then qualify for in-state tuition at four-year institutions. Students must have graduated from a Maryland high school, provide proof that their parents are state taxpayers and express their intent to become a citizen."

Smh at non tax payers using my money when there are real American citizens who cant get aid....

Read the %%%#!#% article.

"In a compromise this year, sponsors rewrote the bill to initially direct undocumented students to community colleges. Those who receive an associate’s degree would then qualify for in-state tuition at four-year institutions. Students must have graduated from a Maryland high school, provide proof that their parents are state taxpayers and express their intent to become a citizen."

smh at people not knowing how to read.

Its funny how "tax payers" sometimes don't take advantage of the education system we have..
Not to say its amazing, but still...

smh at people not knowing how to read.

Its funny how "tax payers" sometimes don't take advantage of the education system we have..
Not to say its amazing, but still...

Our own students deserve priority. The lower in state rates are to allow those who are legal state citizens to furthere their education at a lower cost. Why should we have to compete with outsiders who bring money out of the country and just come here for our schools. College seats are already competitive at record levels.

Back
Top Bottom