maryland govenor signs bill that extends in-state tuition breaks to illegal immigrants

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

What about a Out of Country tuition if you are here illegally? I have no issue with people bettering themselves but i do have somewhat of an issue with someone here illegally being able to attend a university at a fraction of the cost of an American citizen from a neighboring state.
Bingo

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

What about a Out of Country tuition if you are here illegally? I have no issue with people bettering themselves but i do have somewhat of an issue with someone here illegally being able to attend a university at a fraction of the cost of an American citizen from a neighboring state.
Bingo

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Okay, this to all these anti-immigration people.
What has an immigrant ever done to you?

Have you ever met an immigrant?

These people work a million times harder than you, and they never catch a break.

An immigrant hasnt done anything to me they went through the steps to be in the country legally and should be welcomed with open arms, but an ILLEGAL immigrant broke the law in coming here so should they be rewarded with cheaper tuition than other american citizens who are from other states?

Also while many illegal immigrants are very hard workers you cant say that they work harder than american citizens do
laugh.gif
just like you cant say we work harder than they do

These people work a million times harder than you, and they never catch a break.

An immigrant hasnt done anything to me they went through the steps to be in the country legally and should be welcomed with open arms, but an ILLEGAL immigrant broke the law in coming here so should they be rewarded with cheaper tuition than other american citizens who are from other states?

Also while many illegal immigrants are very hard workers you cant say that they work harder than american citizens do
laugh.gif
just like you cant say we work harder than they do

Alot of people should know that Hispanics are not the only illegal immigrants in this country... Plenty of people from other countries have over stayed their visas ,so that makes them illegal to be in this country... I get the feeling that when people are talking about illigal immigration people tend to focus only on Hispanics... (i get that they are the majority of illegals) but this gets to another level of just profiling hispanics...

For those who are against this bill, How would you feel if you were brought to this country illegally by your parents when you were 3 years old and all you know is USA...How would you go about continuing your education when you can't get a scholarship, or get a loan because you are an illegal..

Alot of people should know that Hispanics are not the only illegal immigrants in this country... Plenty of people from other countries have over stayed their visas ,so that makes them illegal to be in this country... I get the feeling that when people are talking about illigal immigration people tend to focus only on Hispanics... (i get that they are the majority of illegals) but this gets to another level of just profiling hispanics...

For those who are against this bill, How would you feel if you were brought to this country illegally by your parents when you were 3 years old and all you know is USA...How would you go about continuing your education when you can't get a scholarship, or get a loan because you are an illegal..

Originally Posted by EZ Primo

+1. Do you know how much extra money Schools would get if illegal immigrants were allowed to pay the same tuition US Citizen do? Trust me a lot of those people are brilliant students who cant afford to pay $1000+ per class depending on the class they take at CUNY school (Tuition for a citizen at CUNY school is $3600 per semester)imagine what a top  notch University would cost them? That money has to come out of their parents pocket cause they dont qualify for FAFSA or any type of scholarship.  

+1. Do you know how much extra money Schools would get if illegal immigrants were allowed to pay the same tuition US Citizen do? Trust me a lot of those people are brilliant students who cant afford to pay $1000+ per class depending on the class they take at CUNY school (Tuition for a citizen at CUNY school is $3600 per semester)imagine what a top  notch University would cost them? That money has to come out of their parents pocket cause they dont qualify for FAFSA or any type of scholarship.  

ummmmmmmmmmm what are yall talking about? how about student loans? every single one of my friends and I are still paying our student loans off $400 a month on average ... get the hell outta here ...

ummmmmmmmmmm what are yall talking about? how about student loans? every single one of my friends and I are still paying our student loans off $400 a month on average ... get the hell outta here ...

Originally Posted by msaba07

You can't get a student loan with out a social security number..... Illegals do not have a legit social security number, thats why that can't just go out and get a loan... 

Originally Posted by msaba07

You can't get a student loan with out a social security number..... Illegals do not have a legit social security number, thats why that can't just go out and get a loan... 

I see you conveniently left the word illegal out of your post
grin.gif

I see you conveniently left the word illegal out of your post
grin.gif

I own my own company. If a DREAM act candidate can perform a job at my company better than you, then I'm gonna hire him/her. I don't care if you're an American citizen. I just want to hire the best. Why u hatin tho. foreal.

I own my own company. If a DREAM act candidate can perform a job at my company better than you, then I'm gonna hire him/her. I don't care if you're an American citizen. I just want to hire the best. Why u hatin tho. foreal.

Originally Posted by NY41101

Exactly.

Their parents pay taxes and don't get any of the benefits a citizen would get. I guess letting them PAY for in state tuition is the very least they can do. People talking about them taking legal students seats at college....I say why not if they are more qualified to attend. They don't look at your legal status when you apply to college, just your grades and how hard you worked. Now if you have been in the state for 2+ years, your parents pay taxes and you are qualified to tend you should have the right to.

Illegal students can not apply for FAFSA(financial aid) or any federal or state grants like legal students can and their parents aren't exactly making 6 figure salaries(most work for minimum wage or below that). They can't take out any loans or apply for most scholarships. The system is beyond rigged for them, so they have to overcome all that and if they can still do it why the hell not?

Americans and their self entitlement. Funny part is it's always people that haven't done *#%# themselves sitting in their parents basement playing xbox all day making these statements like they accomplished anything or ever going to. They aren't taking your spot they deserved their spot.

Originally Posted by NY41101

Exactly.

Their parents pay taxes and don't get any of the benefits a citizen would get. I guess letting them PAY for in state tuition is the very least they can do. People talking about them taking legal students seats at college....I say why not if they are more qualified to attend. They don't look at your legal status when you apply to college, just your grades and how hard you worked. Now if you have been in the state for 2+ years, your parents pay taxes and you are qualified to tend you should have the right to.

Illegal students can not apply for FAFSA(financial aid) or any federal or state grants like legal students can and their parents aren't exactly making 6 figure salaries(most work for minimum wage or below that). They can't take out any loans or apply for most scholarships. The system is beyond rigged for them, so they have to overcome all that and if they can still do it why the hell not?

Americans and their self entitlement. Funny part is it's always people that haven't done *#%# themselves sitting in their parents basement playing xbox all day making these statements like they accomplished anything or ever going to. They aren't taking your spot they deserved their spot.

I know they broke the law but are you really gonna stop a child from going to school and learning? Are you gonna tell em leave and most of his/her life she spend her in the USA? We can point fingers and blame other countries for the problem of immigration. But our country is the best and i dont blame people trying to come here and try to make a better life.
The only way we can fix this is by helping the other countries develop into a stable country that can support people in it.

I know they broke the law but are you really gonna stop a child from going to school and learning? Are you gonna tell em leave and most of his/her life she spend her in the USA? We can point fingers and blame other countries for the problem of immigration. But our country is the best and i dont blame people trying to come here and try to make a better life.
The only way we can fix this is by helping the other countries develop into a stable country that can support people in it.

Back
Top Bottom