Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

MF were on the scene at 1135 and no action taken till 1250.

Wow .... I just don't know how you live with yourself knowing you stood back while kids were getting killed because you needed backup to help uphold the oath you swore .....

MF should be fired .. all of them.

If a person is negligent and that negligence lead to someone dying ... it can be a manslaughter charge ..... hmmmm!

I’m actually a fan of putting more cops or atleast veterans to protect schools, but after reading this catastrophic failed of a response there seems no point.

These dudes, despite being armed and somewhat trained more than an average individual, are straight up cowards when you need them most. Easily shoot someone unarmed but fail to respond when someone is armed. Despite out numbering that terrorist. No such thing as an oath to protect and serve here.

Since the level of training, budget, and competence varies so widely from city to city there legit is no other solution here than to get rid of the 2nd amendment. Atleast crack down on ARs, this isn’t a videogame. There has to be something legit wrong with you if you own anything more than a handgun. Even that needs some thorough background checking.

This whole country lacks common sense.

Last edited:
MF were on the scene at 1135 and no action taken till 1250.

Wow .... I just don't know how you live with yourself knowing you stood back while kids were getting killed because you needed backup to help uphold the oath you swore .....

MF should be fired .. all of them.

If a person is negligent and that negligence lead to someone dying ... it can be a manslaughter charge ..... hmmmm!

Have feeling we might be hearing about some suicides like we did post January 6.

Have feeling we might be hearing about some suicides like we did post January 6.
You have to have a conscience and ability to feel things to be driven to those lengths.

Based on their inaction..their lack of care in that moment, I'd be floored to hear about suicides after this.

I’m actually a fan of putting more cops or atleast veterans to protect schools, but after reading this catastrophic failed of a response there seems no point.

These dudes, despite being armed and somewhat trained more than an average individual, are straight up cowards when you need them most. Easily shoot someone unarmed but fail to respond when someone is armed. Despite out numbering that terrorist. No such thing as an oath to protect and serve here.

Since the level of training, budget, and competence varies so widely from city to city there legit is no other solution here than to get rid of the 2nd amendment. Atleast crack down on ARs, this isn’t a videogame. There has to be something legit wrong with you if you own anything more than a handgun. Even that needs some thorough background checking.

We don’t need more cops on campus. They need to their jobs outside so things like this don’t happen.

Lausd had cops on campus and all they did was sit in their office 1-6. Did supervision for lunch and other than that would flirt with staff. They booted them.

You’d think the neighborhood would be safer right? Nope. First week of school a student is shot in front of campus. No patrols, no cops standing around. Nothing.

Cops are useless at being useful.

Their unions throw fits that risk public safety. Oh, because we rather 20 million of overtime be sent to parks and rec/mental health services…we’re the bad guys?

It’s like a fireman complaining they have to put out fires. You’re a cop, go serve and protect.

The thing is 90% of a cops day in some of these cities involves doing nothing. And the one time something does happen, most aren’t properly trained, or aren’t prepared.

Whoever got shot on campus got shot for a reason and these targeted shootings don’t happen if they see if a cop right there. Most criminals are dumb, but you have to be extra stupid to fire with a cop right there.

Mass shootings are different though. If you’re going inside to shoot at everything, good chance you’ll kill w.e cop is parked outside first anyway with your AR. Pretty sure that’s happened in previous cases of mass shootings.

I still think having a cop or a veteran out front will stop some acts of violence.

Once again with mass shootings, I don’t know. Besides for serious gun laws idk what can actually stop that. I do know that nothing is being done. As a country we’ve made zero progress.

Few things i dont have anything against guns. Ima firm believer of guns dont kill ppl…ppl kill ppl.
But to speak the names of those children at a rifle convention…days after they lost their lives to a rifle is just damning.
Also an hr before the shooter was killed they say at least 19officers were outside the classroom….so one 18 year old who owned a gun for a few weeks overpowered 19 trained officials?
Lastly has it been said if the child who repeatedly called 911 ended up one of the casualties?

Last edited:
Wife was telling me that the door was locked But left ajar. Supposedly a teacher heard the guns shots outside and decided to run out and retrieve their phone from their car and left the door ajar. I’m pretty sure the shooter saw the teacher and ran in behind them. It’s possible that teacher unknowingly led the shooter into the school.

Last edited:

Imma vet and some of these vets are trigger happy and power Hungary. Usually they ones that joined to see combat, never see combat, get out and join a PD looking for a reason to pull their trigger or go on a power trip.

And what do you think will be happening during the 99.7% of the time where there aren't active shooters?

How do you think those cops/vets will be used by school administrators?

More police in schools ain't the answer. Do your research.

Random story:

I have a 7-11 on my block that got robbed three times in a month. One time shot the clerk. Police put a car outside for the follow 2 months. No robberies.

Removed the car, robbery again that same week, but this time there was someone undercover across the street. Dude got caught. Probably gonna be out on bail with these dumb NYC laws anyway.

What does the research show? That cops outside a school cause more shootings? Gladly will read the articles on how this research was even conducted since there are a million factors involved here with heavy biases.

At the same time, a 2 man cop team isn't stopping someone with an AR and full body armor.

This is a mess.

Last edited:
Random story:

I have a 7-11 on my block that got robbed three times in a month. One time shot the clerk. Police put a car outside for the follow 2 months. No robberies.

Removed the car, robbery again that same week, but this time there was someone undercover across the street. Dude got caught. Probably gonna be out within a month with these dumb NYC laws anyway.

More police during a 8-3 school day will do more good than harm. Just their presence, would make people think twice.

What does the research show? That cops outside a school cause more shootings? Gladly will read the articles on how putting cops outside of an elementary school does more harm than good.

You’re comparing a neighborhood liquor store to an elementary school. Education is the first thing local and state governments cut when it comes to their annual budget. They can’t afford to pay teachers, maintain school infrastructure and/or buy supplies. Robb Elementary had a resource officer (Police officer) just like Stoneman Douglas as does many schools across the US. It did not deter a heavily armed shooter. Police forces take up a lot of a cities and county’s annual budget and are one of the most inefficient utilization of tax payer’s money. Literally a drain when you factor in their pension. Call a cop if you get robbed or your home is burglarized, see how long it takes for them to come save the day. Now you want to pay for a police officer to babysit an elementary school full time as a deterrent? While teachers work their asses off for inadequate pay. It ain’t gonna work.

Random story:

Removed the car, robbery again that same week, but this time there was someone undercover across the street. Dude got caught. Probably gonna be out on bail with these dumb NYC laws anyway.

What does the research show? That cops outside a school cause more shootings? Gladly will read the articles on how this research was even conducted since there are a million factors involved here with heavy biases.

At the same time, a 2 man cop team isn't stopping someone with an AR and full body armor.

This is a mess.

You avoided my point/question but ok.

When home robberies happen, these people scope out the block for days. So no there won't be a cop just chilling outside 99.99999% of the time, so naturally, any response will be too late. The only reason people call the cops is to file a report and maybe a 1% chance someone will get caught.

So you cant compare a mass shooting to a home robbery either.

You’re comparing a neighborhood liquor store to an elementary school. Education is the first thing local and state governments cut when it comes to their annual budget. They can’t afford to pay teachers, maintain school infrastructure and/or buy supplies. Robb Elementary had a resource officer (Police officer) just like Stoneman Douglas as does many schools across the US. It did not deter a heavily armed shooter. Police forces take up a lot of a cities and county’s annual budget and are one of the most inefficient utilization of tax payer’s money. Literally a drain when you factor in their pension. Call a cop if you get robbed or your home is burglarized, see how long it takes for them to come save the day. Now you want to pay for a police officer to babysit an elementary school full time as a deterrent? While teachers work their asses off for inadequate pay. It ain’t gonna work.

Teachers are the real heroes not those cowards. Maybe we should spend some of the money we pay those cowards to making so that teachers aren't buying their own school supplies.

And what do you think will be happening during the 99.7% of the time where there aren't active shooters?

How do you think those cops/vets will be used by school administrators?

More police in schools ain't the answer. Do your research.

Harassing kids of color and increasing the school to prison pipeline. The cowards would have a pool of unarmed Black and Brown bodies to torment. We've already seen these cops assault Black and Brown kids for nothing.

Teachers are the real heroes not those cowards. Maybe we should spend some of the money we pay those cowards to making so that teachers aren't buying their own school supplies.

Teachers have been complaining about pay for decades, rightfully so. I don't think most choose this as a career for the pay. Outside of the few private schools in suburban areas, people dont become a teacher for the pay.

Like I said previously, this country lacks common sense. It's way too political and money driven and divided from state to state for any real change to happen.

Common sense says to start initiatives to get rid of ARs at the least. Wont happen.

Random story:

This is a mess.
this is a good example so to avoid the cop even having to deal with a ar15 and body armor there should be restrictions on these purchases

if another damn weirdo dude applies to purchase all these things they will get denied and put on a watch list

then you can say well they can buy an illegal gun

okay well we added another layer and difficulty for them to obtain weapons which in my opinion is heading in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom