Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

1674695449702.png

I first looked at that and it seemed typical - but then you realise that it's not even the end of January yet and that's just crazy.

This is just SO depressing and frankly sad! 😞

It's just wash, rinse & repeat. And yet, a certain group doesn't want to even discuss reasonable gun legislation & safety. Why is that again? 😞😞 Oh that's right, the $$$$$ going into those policy makers pockets. Damn frauds! Don't give a damn about lives, just the $$$$ they can collect.

This is just SO depressing and frankly sad! 😞

It's just wash, rinse & repeat. And yet, a certain group doesn't want to even discuss reasonable gun legislation & safety. Why is that again? 😞😞 Oh that's right, the $$$$$ going into those policy makers pockets. Damn frauds! Don't give a damn about lives, just the $$$$ they can collect.
they wouldn't be in those positions if the voting idiots didn't vote for them.

a certain group doesn't want to even discuss reasonable gun legislation & safety. Why is that again? 😞😞 Oh that's right, the $$$$$ going into those policy makers pockets. Damn frauds! Don't give a damn about lives, just the $$$$ they can collect.
What reasonable gun legislation would you like to discuss that’s not already on the books in California?

define reasonable?
I think its up to the person who originally said "a certain group doesn't want to even discuss reasonable gun legislation & safety." to provide examples of reasonable gun legislation that the "certain group" doesn't want to discuss. My point is that California has strict gun control laws, so I'm wondering what 05fordgt 05fordgt has in mind when he says that. Does he think "ban all guns" is reasonable, or is there some other legislation that would prevent tragedies like this that is not getting discussed?

I think its up to the person who originally said "a certain group doesn't want to even discuss reasonable gun legislation & safety." to provide examples of reasonable gun legislation that the "certain group" doesn't want to discuss. My point is that California has strict gun control laws, so I'm wondering what 05fordgt 05fordgt has in mind when he says that. Does he think "ban all guns" is reasonable, or is there some other legislation that would prevent tragedies like this that is not getting discussed?
States with strong gun laws suffer from not having border patrol agencies to check all the armed out-of-staters who travel through the state every day.

There is also the issue of local law enforcement agencies refusing to enforce gun-control laws in such states, which undermines their effectiveness.

At the end of the day, our level of gun violence is a consequence of Americans' belief in being as selfish as possible. Until that changes, the only viable solution to this will never be implemented.

What reasonable gun legislation would you like to discuss that’s not already on the books in California?

Tell me if I'm off base (because I really don't know), but maybe red flag laws if someone has any prior issues? Longer wait times for background checks.Actual training on said firearms before a purchase becomes official?Again, let me know if I'm off base, as this isn't anywhere NEAR my wheelhouse.

Last edited:
Tell me if I'm off base (because I really don't know), but maybe red flag laws if someone has any prior issues? Longer wait times for background checks.Actual training on said firearms before a purchase becomes official? Again, let me know if I'm off base, as this isn't anywhere NEAR my wheelhouse.
these all sound like reasonable things that should have been in place 60 years ago

Wow!!! Where did I say "Ban all guns" in my post, as you have it in quotes above, to say I said it, which, newsflash Sherlock....I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!! Thanks for adding your bull**** spin to make me look bad!

For others to don't want to look back, here's what I posted:

I asked for "reasonable gun legislation and safety" not banning them! I could give a **** if you want to own one. That's your right. But let's not kid ourselves if we think some of these guns should NOT get into certain people's hands. And if more in-depth red flag laws were in place throughout the country (like mental illness sufferers should NOT be able to get a gun, is just one example) then I feel like the country would be better off.

I also, for the life of me, have NO CLUE why someone needs an AR-whatever type gun. I got friends who have several handguns of different makes, who also have shotguns for home protection, and they don't see the need for a semi-auto. So it's not the anti-gun people who want AR style guns more regulated, its regular gun owners as well!

these all sound like reasonable things that should have been in place 60 years ago

Thank you. 👍

But we all know these things will NEVER happen because the NRA (and their major R politicians they pay BIG $$$ to) just doesn't give a ****! All they will say is "thoughts and prayers"... They are all such *******s!

Wow!!! Where did I say "Ban all guns" in my post, as you have it in quotes above, to say I said it, which, newsflash Sherlock....I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!! Thanks for adding your bull**** spin to make me look bad!

For others to don't want to look back, here's what I posted:

I asked for "reasonable gun legislation and safety" not banning them! I could give a **** if you want to own one. That's your right. But let's not kid ourselves if we think some of these guns should NOT get into certain people's hands. And if more in-depth red flag laws were in place throughout the country (like mental illness sufferers should NOT be able to get a gun, is just one example) then I feel like the country would be better off.

I also, for the life of me, have NO CLUE why someone needs an AR-whatever type gun. I got friends who have several handguns of different makes, who also have shotguns for home protection, and they don't see the need for a semi-auto. So it's not the anti-gun people who want AR style guns more regulated, its regular gun owners as well!
Ok, calm down, I wasn't trying to make you look bad. California already has red flag laws, waiting periods, AR-15 ban, a list of handguns its citizens are allowed to buy, and pretty much every gun control law that gets discussed. In my mind, they have tried everything short of banning all guns, so when you said that reasonable gun control laws were not even being discussed, what was I supposed to think you were talking about? If you aren't familiar with California's gun control laws then that's fine, but keep that in mind when you make accusations about "certain groups" being unwilling to discuss passing gun control legislation. California already has gun control legislation, there is nothing more to discuss unless you want to get into more radical options.

Ok, calm down, I wasn't trying to make you look bad. California already has red flag laws, waiting periods, AR-15 ban, a list of handguns its citizens are allowed to buy, and pretty much every gun control law that gets discussed. In my mind, they have tried everything short of banning all guns, so when you said that reasonable gun control laws were not even being discussed, what was I supposed to think you were talking about? If you aren't familiar with California's gun control laws then that's fine, but keep that in mind when you make accusations about "certain groups" being unwilling to discuss passing gun control legislation. California already has gun control legislation, there is nothing more to discuss unless you want to get into more radical options.

That's fine. But just for future replies to anyone, if you don't know what that person is talking about, instead of assuming..... just ask!🤷

And I'm not familiar with that states laws, hence when I asked "tell me if I'm off base". It's because I didn't know and I'm asking. I didn't assume.

Thank you. 👍

But we all know these things will NEVER happen because the NRA (and their major R politicians they pay BIG $$$ to) just doesn't give a ****! All they will say is "thoughts and prayers"... They are all such *******s!
Oregon just passed Measure 114 which limits mag capacity, requires a permit to purchase a gun, pass a safety course, and a background check must be completed before purchase.

Now, this all sounds good most would agree that these are “common sense” gun laws. What is not said is that background checks have been required, a permit system has to be developed, deemed to be “fair” then rolled out to the public. To my knowledge this has yet to be done, there’s are thousands of requests sitting idle. The mag capacity may seem logical but it 100% takes away one’s ability to defend themselves.

The worst part about the measure is at the bottom of the ballot it states that there is no clear path on how these systems will be funded (we all know what that means).

*no gun law is going to stop someone from doing something irrational.

Oregon just passed Measure 114 which limits mag capacity, requires a permit to purchase a gun, pass a safety course, and a background check must be completed before purchase.

Now, this all sounds good most would agree that these are “common sense” gun laws. What is not said is that background checks have been required, a permit system has to be developed, deemed to be “fair” then rolled out to the public. To my knowledge this has yet to be done, there’s are thousands of requests sitting idle. The mag capacity may seem logical but it 100% takes away one’s ability to defend themselves.

The worst part about the measure is at the bottom of the ballot it states that there is no clear path on how these systems will be funded (we all know what that means).

*no gun law is going to stop someone from doing something irrational.
Hold on now. The WORST part of the measure is that it puts the responsibility for approvals and classes on the cops and sherriffs departments. Giving the cops the ability to approve/deny applications is a terrible idea thats only going to marginalize the groups that they've historically abused, and continue to marginalize and abuse. Their exploits of the past 6 years have been well documented, and I'm only glad I took a political sabbatical from social media in 2016.

But yes the rushed and confusing nature of the measure is pretty ****ty and does little to actually advance good gun control legislation. Which sucks because it's not like it's difficult to craft some good frameworks and then drill into details before an election season.

Back
Top Bottom