Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

So has history of mental illness and easily copped guns this month legally? What the hell

Toxic masculinity is shorthand for what is ultimately a more complex and nuanced topic spanning multiple concepts from psychiatry and psychology. NT and this thread is probably not the right forum for such a discussion.

This forum is probably 95% young dudes. As we’re the demographic i’d say It’s the perfect spot.

When we're done running through the list of excuses to avoid talking about the prevalence of guns (and the type of guns the public has access to), we're just gonna have to redefine mass shootings by raising the amount of casualties.

Other countries look at america and ask why we love guns so much.

Other countries look at america and ask why we love guns so much.

many of those right wing nuts love guns and use the excuse of "they keep the govt at bay" but i cant speak on that, and i think its the belief of a fool. but there are many of us who simply realize its a dirty game out here. Unlike other countries that people love to hinge arguments on, our population is barely outpacing the number of guns we have in circulation. With a large percentage of them in criminals hands. logically, its simply too late to try and remove them from circulation. if you have trouble imagining that, then listen to the "nobody needs semi-autos AT ALL" crowd. imagine if they had their way and police AND law abiding citizens all turned their guns in to be melted down into ford pintos or something. do you think this would go well? of course not, itd be a nightmare. and the VERY reason it would be a nightmare.... is why people value owning guns themselves.

and beyond that, ownership is way too high and with no registry you dont even know everyone who has it. thats why common sense laws are the better move. make changes that fix it for the country moving forward. anyone grandfathered in who already owns guns should have to register them. lets be serious, the people against a registry are in denial. they think a registry makes them a target for the govt if tyrannical rule ever comes. but if the govt is targeting you... itll be from 100 miles away via a strike drone controlled by an xbox elite controller. your gun is useless.

Plenty of other developed countries have these same issues and don't murder at the rate we do though.
USA is a different breed though, we created this selfie culture, other places are just beginning. No other place has the amount of diversity and personalities, like here.Good or bad everyone is trying to get attention. Home first and foremost wanted ATTENTION.

Also, I get it there is plenty of dudes slaying. But on a day to day the male and female interaction is awkward or nonexistent. Dudes aren't getting layed these days. this of course excluding the slayers on nt:pimp::pimp:. But it is different now...

When we're done running through the list of excuses to avoid talking about the prevalence of guns (and the type of guns the public has access to), we're just gonna have to redefine mass shootings by raising the amount of casualties.
This is all that needs to be said.

USA is a different breed though, we created this selfie culture, other places are just beginning. No other place has the amount of diversity and personalities, like here.Good or bad everyone is trying to get attention. Home first and foremost wanted ATTENTION.

Also, I get it there is plenty of dudes slaying. But on a day to day the male and female interaction is awkward or nonexistent. Dudes aren't getting layed these days. this of course excluding the slayers on nt:pimp::pimp:. But it is different now...
The US has a large amount of people who would rather fake it than be it. This goes from rich house wives to odd teens. To level things out we create and lable things as “illness” to create outer sources of control.

Gun violence in the US, including mass shootings were a problem loooooooong before social media existed.

Social media certainly exacerbates things, but the origin of our issue with anger and violence has roots deeper than all of these other elements folks like to blame.

Gun violence in the US, including mass shootings were a problem loooooooong before social media existed.

Social media certainly exacerbates things, but the origin of our issue with anger and violence has roots deeper than all of these other elements folks like to blame.
Yeah. Truth is this country’s mentality is trash and always has been. No honor, nobility, pride, just a sense of being the best with as little work as possible. People almost have to fight the urge to become a good person.

Prior to 2013, besides colombine and v tech. I rarely heard of school shootings or public shooting s being so prevalent. Maybe the lack of sources during those years? Because people have had guns before all this crazy **** the last 5-6 years.

Prior to 2013, besides colombine and v tech. I rarely heard of school shootings or public shooting s being so prevalent. Maybe the lack of sources during those years? Because people have had guns before all this crazy shi t the last 5-6 years.

Luby's
San Ysidro McDonald's
University of Texas
Edmond Post Office
Camden
Wilkes-Barre
Wah Mee
Easter Sunday
Palm Sunday
GMAC
Mark Barton/Atlanta

All happened before 2000, most in the 80's and 90's. And that's only instances where 10+ were killed.

Luby's
San Ysidro McDonald's
University of Texas
Edmond Post Office
Camden
Wilkes-Barre
Wah Mee
Easter Sunday
Palm Sunday
GMAC
Mark Barton/Atlanta

All happened before 2000, most in the 80's and 90's. And that's only instances where 10+ were killed.
I
I'm comparison to the last 5-6years though, it's pretty small.

I
Kinda sad to say but shooting became the “it” way to kill yourself too over the years. I’m sure that has something to do with it. Like the idea of pulling off mass murder wasn’t really there yet.

Also to put it into perspective based on his numbers the last shooting wouldn’t count

I

I think it's closer than you think. Like I said those are only the 10+ killed incidents. There are several more. You have to remember the pinnacle of violence in this country was in the 80's and 90's. Do you remember NYC and LA back then? It was like the abstraction of schizophrenia.

I think it's closer than you think. Like I said those are only the 10+ killed incidents. There are several more. You have to remember the pinnacle of violence in this country was in the 80's and 90's. Do you remember NYC and LA back then? It was like the abstraction of schizophrenia.
false equivalence here. you're including gang violence of the 80s and 90s. not someone targeting a place full of innocent people to slaughter. school shootings were not a thing to worry about until recently. that was the point he was going for i think. pre 2013 is a pretty good guess id say to around when the tide changed. when i was in school columbine was the most unthinkable thing ever. then VT was YEARS later. it would be more years before the next school shooting. by 2016 it was happening every few months. by 2017 every other month. by 2018 it was damn near every week until summer break hit. hes not wrong in his thinking

false equivalence here. you're including gang violence of the 80s and 90s. not someone targeting a place full of innocent people to slaughter. school shootings were not a thing to worry about until recently. that was the point he was going for i think. pre 2013 is a pretty good guess id say to around when the tide changed. when i was in school columbine was the most unthinkable thing ever. then VT was YEARS later. it would be more years before the next school shooting. by 2016 it was happening every few months. by 2017 every other month. by 2018 it was damn near every week until summer break hit. hes not wrong in his thinking

He said school or public shootings. I don't disagree that they were less prevalent in decades past. My point was that they were more common than many think. Media was different back then, so exposure to them wasn't the same. It creates a distorted perception.

It's not some millennial phenomenon. It's been happening, just like city violence..

132.png

think da premise he's tryin to convey is ideology is more powerful than any held weapon you can muster...hence why da printing press was banned by da church many moons ago in da dark ages.
Clearly not b,

if you read the context he was describing physical objects as a means to harming people as physical weapons

Not books as a means to spread ideologies
if it ain’t guns

then mentally volatile people gonna use just about anything as a weapon. everyday regular normal things.

books, glass, metal pipes, chairs, sticks, utensils etc.

If they are really that deranged they will make it work to decimate someone to the point of real injury or death.

or they’ll fist fight.

Last edited:
I know it sounds extreme but don't downplay the lack of yambs aspect. The market value of vagina skyrocketted the last few years. You have below average broads, being choosy picky. While **** stock has gone down. You see the average price of date thread.

Lol it's funny but it's really not. Men who are getting consistent attention and yambs from the opposite sex will most likely not resort to the level of violence as say, a mass shooting. At least I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom