Master's Degree and still no job....

Yah looking back an MBA would have been better, but I figured with a specialization it would be easier to get a degree....not so much though

I would def. do high school AD but the problem with that is you need a teaching certification which= more $$$ towards a degree in that field. I have been trying to find jobs for private schools that may not require them, but they are very hard to come by.

Thanks for all the replies so far...

Originally Posted by its murder 187

So i have a Master's Degree in Sport Administration and Bachelor's in Sport Management
Not smart.
smh.gif

Yah looking back an MBA would have been better, but I figured with a specialization it would be easier to get a degree....not so much though

I would def. do high school AD but the problem with that is you need a teaching certification which= more $$$ towards a degree in that field. I have been trying to find jobs for private schools that may not require them, but they are very hard to come by.

Keep your head up and keep applying man. I hope things turn out well for you.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

...my man graduated at the top of his class..

Spoiler [+]
I went to Cheesecake he was a muf'n waiter there

My-T.
Cheesecake Factory makes good food. Don't talk #%%$ about my Cheesecake.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

...my man graduated at the top of his class..

Spoiler [+]
I went to Cheesecake he was a muf'n waiter there

My-T.
Ooooh hecky naw dat boi is raw

undergrad-clemson

grad-canisius

the program director is married to the bills ex-running backs coach (broncos now) and have networked through her. She is more affiliated with Pro Sports though, obviously, but I may have to turn that route if I can find something.

LOL have fun paying back the loan. Still don't understand why people go to college and pick these easy/mediocre degree

I think the most important factor of college is GPA. Majors do not matter as much as the grades. Am i wrong?

4.0 in philosophy is bound to impress somebody. A 4.0 philosophy is going to a good Ph. D program.

hmm where do you live?? I will be graduating in May with a Bachelor's in Sport Management/ Business Administration and there are a good amount of jobs related to the sport field here in the DMV area. I'm starting my internship with DC United this week and have been working with ESPN 980 ******** radio for the past year. You should really look into jobs in the professional leagues and later on go back to looking into what you really want to do. Good luck and don't listen to everyone saying that your degrees are useless because the sport industry is always expanding and hiring 

Hang in there. When things seem like they can't get any worse, it seems something usually comes through. At least that's how it has always been for me.

Just keep looking and applying--that's the key. Finding a job is the WORST, but when you get it? AWESOME.

YO!
Originally Posted by kicksfiend

its murder 187 wrote:
Master's Degree in Sport Administration and Bachelor's in Sport Management

Fail

tired.gif

Real talk. My Bachelor's in Sport Management may be the biggest mistake I've made in my life...

I'm working. Keeping my money close, but I'm certain I could've done better for myself.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

your life would be easier if your degree was in accounting, engineering, a science, or math

Word.

You're doing it wrong.
No brody you doing it wrong. Major has little to NO impact on your job unless it is a doctor/accounting ........Even the latter I have seen candidates with philosophy degrees get paid in the financial world coming out of college. Where you go >>>>>>>>GPA>>>>>>> Major

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I think the most important factor of college is GPA. Majors do not matter as much as the grades. Am i wrong?

4.0 in philosophy is bound to impress somebody. A 4.0 philosophy is going to a good Ph. D program.

False.......  GPA is important depending on the school but a philosphy major is useless....  Grades count for nothing in these mediocre programs..So my 4.0 in mass communications counts more than the guy with a 3.0 with an accounting degree and CPA?  I beg to differ.

Try a charter school or a private school.  If you know anything about coaching that can be your foot in the door.  With your degree you can still sub so just with that you can get in there.  I know its hard because im kind of in the same position just not with the masters and stuff in that field.  Or try NAIA jobs or D-3.  Looking for a job is a damn job within itself so i feel you man.

Have you thought about Sports Information? Basically writing stories for an athletic department website. That's what I'm looking into.

Back
Top Bottom