Master's Degree and still no job....

Originally Posted by DKnice

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I think the most important factor of college is GPA. Majors do not matter as much as the grades. Am i wrong?

4.0 in philosophy is bound to impress somebody. A 4.0 philosophy is going to a good Ph. D program.

False.......  GPA is important depending on the school but a philosphy major is useless....  Grades count for nothing in these mediocre programs..So my 4.0 in mass communications counts more than the guy with a 3.0 with an accounting degree and CPA?  I beg to differ.
Are you trying to justify a 3.0 in accting?

In my mind, accting is insanely saturated.

I think the most important factor of college is GPA. Majors do not matter as much as the grades. Am i wrong?

4.0 in philosophy is bound to impress somebody. A 4.0 philosophy is going to a good Ph. D program.

False.......  GPA is important depending on the school but a philosphy major is useless....  Grades count for nothing in these mediocre programs..So my 4.0 in mass communications counts more than the guy with a 3.0 with an accounting degree and CPA?  I beg to differ.

Lets assume minimal networking and pure resume drops at campus career fairs:

A 3.0 in Undergrad ACCT will get you a job though, maybe not Big 4.
A 3.0 in Undergrad Philosophy or some other bottom tier major will get you a bag of debt

Check IMG's site. They ALWAYS have internships available in Cleveland, NYC, and Kentucky.

If you're having trouble being contacted by someone, I would recommend using an address in the city which the job is located. I used a friend's Chicago address on my Chicago apps, and nobody has a clue.

My Masters is in Management, by the way, and I FINALLY got a job with JPMorgan Chase in Cleveland after 4 months of looking.

Are you trying to justify someone picking up these lame easy majors such as philosphy???? I mean what can you do with a philosophy degree besides teach???  And a 3.0 with a CPA>>>> Philosophy in every imaginable way.....  call it saturated if you want but I mean nursing is a field that is overly saturated, it doesnt stop it from being an in demand field...

Are you trying to justify someone picking up these lame easy majors such as philosphy???? I mean what can you do with a philosophy degree besides teach???  And a 3.0 with a CPA>>>> Philosophy in every imaginable way.....  call it saturated if you want but I mean nursing is a field that is overly saturated, it doesnt stop it from being an in demand field...

Well.. not everyone is going to be going to college for solely money purposes. People have passion's and desires to learn subjects you may find irrelevant.

I mean... 4.0 in anything can get you into grad school or Ph. D programs.

dont let the sheep come in and deter.  you good, just keep grinding.  your degree does not make you.  just gotta think outside of the box when it comes to getting that jo

if its a real masters degree do compliance its boring work but will push you up the ladder of sports admin.. good luck bu dont be afraid of working a 30k/yr job

Well.. not everyone is going to be going to college for solely money purposes. People have passion's and desires to learn subjects you may find irrelevant.

I mean... 4.0 in anything can get you into grad school or Ph. D programs.
That is very true and I mean if you aren't in school for finding a profitable job and you would like to do something that you love then I give all my blessings to you.. but i mean saying that a GPA in some easy major is the key to find a good job is just laughable.... it'll get you into grad school so that you can get another degree in your useless subject.... but i mean life isn't always about money so I can see where you're coming from...

I just wanna be one of those old dudes with mad degrees next to his name, with no job who sits around philosophizing and contemplating existences.
pimp.gif

All the 'justification' will be meaningless, because we are in unchartered times. People still think MBAs, ACCOUNTING DEGREES to be grail? Welcome to the real world. Grow some nuts, go into the real world, and stop posting dumb shet on NT. People who even have the time taking pictures of their shoes are nothing more than 'kids', that are collecting unemployment, and still riding on their parents. These are the same kids that 'looked' so cool graduating at USC, or UCLA, but have no jobs w/ their expensive and worthless degree.

An accounting major is great, but it's meaningless if you don't pursue the CPA and further your education. The same can be said w/ ANY FIELD, ANY MAJOR, ANY JOB, ANY PROFESSION.

Kids have to realize that the world changes faster than eastbay crashing on R/D. Kids have to learn that their 'job' is more important than their degrees ! Once you have that opportunity, absorb as much as you can from those around you. You need guts to make it out there. Hanging around after work w/ BESTBUY clerks and boasting about how you did this and that is nothing more than paving your road to more hardships. You have to be able to eat lunch by yourself, handle the brutal world of being the new guy, and keeping yourself cool !

Any degree initially is worthless, but have a sense of what direction you want to go in. A 'master's degree is to further your understanding in that 'career'. Why the fk do you think they have at least 2+ years pre-requisites for masters ?! Only POS degrees allow you to take a 'masters' right then and there.

I need to chose a major soon. Almost finished with my 2 year degree for my general AA. I don't get very good grades but I want a broad major.

2.8 gpa ftl

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

All the 'justification' will be meaningless, because we are in unchartered times. People still think MBAs, ACCOUNTING DEGREES to be grail? Welcome to the real world. Grow some nuts, go into the real world, and stop posting dumb shet on NT. People who even have the time taking pictures of their shoes are nothing more than 'kids', that are collecting unemployment, and still riding on their parents. These are the same kids that 'looked' so cool graduating at USC, or UCLA, but have no jobs w/ their expensive and worthless degree.

An accounting major is great, but it's meaningless if you don't pursue the CPA and further your education. The same can be said w/ ANY FIELD, ANY MAJOR, ANY JOB, ANY PROFESSION.

Kids have to realize that the world changes faster than eastbay crashing on R/D. Kids have to learn that their 'job' is more important than their degrees ! Once you have that opportunity, absorb as much as you can from those around you. You need guts to make it out there. Hanging around after work w/ BESTBUY clerks and boasting about how you did this and that is nothing more than paving your road to more hardships. You have to be able to eat lunch by yourself, handle the brutal world of being the new guy, and keeping yourself cool !

Any degree initially is worthless, but have a sense of what direction you want to go in. A 'master's degree is to further your understanding in that 'career'. Why the fk do you think they have at least 2+ years pre-requisites for masters ?! Only POS degrees allow you to take a 'masters' right then and there.
damn son. what do you do? you sound like a dude who gets things done.

can't front, that line i bolded hurt my feelings.

Wow man. you really inspired me. I even saved what you said in a word pad.  I'm currently in the nursing program to acquire my ADN. Once I hit my second year i'm going to start to network for a job. And after that I want to go for my BSN, MSN, and hopefully become a NP. And you sir, definitely inspired me. I thank you for that.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Originally Posted by its murder 187

Master's Degree and still no job....

Originally Posted by its murder 187

Master's Degree in Sport Administration and Bachelor's in Sport Management

Fail
same thing I was thinking. MBA's at Harvard try to break into the sports industry... 

Originally Posted by IloveShoes

Wow man. you really inspired me. I even saved what you said in a word pad. 

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by IloveShoes

Wow man. you really inspired me. I even saved what you said in a word pad. 

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

male nurses? ofcourse a wal-mart employee won't laugh at a male nurse.
but don't think doctors, p.a lulz @ the male nurses

Back
Top Bottom