May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine thinking it’s some outlandish request to want to know some background behind why a fighter would keep his hands in his pockets :lol:
I don't get it man. Like we are the crazy ones for wanting to know why.

AEW is a cult man.

1 quick google search

Knowing the origin is not going to sway opinions either way

I don't get it man. Like we are the crazy ones for wanting to know why.

AEW is a cult man.
Really odd. I don’t think every single little thing on any show needs to get completely picked apart, but his style in particular is very different and polarizing, and there’s no reason whatsoever why IT shouldn’t have been explained at this point. A&W just expecting people to know certain things and different wrestlers is easily one of their biggest issues.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I watched all of that MLW episode. Pretty cool product. Show being at the ECW Arena was a nice touch. I like that they have 2 weight classes and then openweight. Ring looks really small which is kind of an odd visual. Overall, feel like IT has a better presentation than Rings of Honor. Enjoyable. Will definitely watch once they start getting some live shows going on Vice.

Also, I definitely mess with your guy Jacob Fatso. Kinda reminds me of a small Bam Bam Bigelow. I know you said he’s had some prior legal issues, but still think WWE should go after him.

1 quick google search

You are still missing the point.

It should be stated on TV but I'm sure you understand that. But you have to defend as usual.

1 quick google search

If Jim Cornette started praising him, his opinion would sway

You are still missing the point.

It should be stated on TV but I'm sure you understand that. But you have to defend as usual.

You and a few others are the ones who seem to be so upset by his gimmick.

I don't remember an explanation for how/why Gangrel was a vampire or why The Undertaker could cause lightning strikes.

Not every single thing in wrestling has to be spoon fed to the audience.

How would you want Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone to explain that Orange Cassidy gimmick to the audience?

Hello my brothers hope all is well. Haven’t been around too much with everything going on with my moms health and on top of that just being crazy busy so I’ve been lacking on the wrestling and keeping up with the thread so I do apologize for that.

Is anyone interested in taking over the thread or maybe starting a new one tomorrow since we have Double or Nothing? Would be a good time to start a new thread and kick off the “Summer”.

Ive been lacking on keeping up with it and i don’t want to be that guy so I can pass on the reigns to someone else so it’s properly updated and whatnot.
If we were to get a new thread, my only hope would be that the new OP be unbiased

I nominate D Fly D Fly

You and a few others are the ones who seem to be so upset by his gimmick.

I don't remember an explanation for how/why Gangrel was a vampire or why The Undertaker could cause lightning strikes.

Not every single thing in wrestling has to be spoon fed to the audience.

How would you want Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone to explain that Orange Cassidy gimmick to the audience?

Re-Read my post from above.

If the WRESTLING STYLE is extremely unique, there should be an explanation as to why. I am not talking about unique GIMMICKS.

It is basic storytelling.

But again, continue to pretend me and the few others are asking for too much.

Keep defending.

Not sure how you can seriously explain that bull**** to someone without them feeling like you are insulting their intelligence.

Which is what they claimed they would do differently than WWE.

Tony Schiavone: Hey Jim, you know Orange Cassidy's wrestling style comes from his days on the independent circuit

Jim Ross: In 2010 he created the "Freshly Squeezed" character you see today

Tony Schiavone: He has a very unique style in the ring. Do you know why he wrestles like that JR?

Jim Ross: Yes. He couldn't get any of his other gimmicks over so he started this lazy gimmick that fans hated at first but is now a crowd favorite.

tony-schiavone-jim-ross-aew-announce.png

You’re getting too emotional man :lol:
“It’s just wrestling” Remember?
My heart rate hasn't increased one bit.

I'm just asking if you had anything of substance to add to the convo other than throwing international objects into the ring from the audience.

Back
Top Bottom