"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

cotto will make things interesting in the first 3-4 rounds, but then Money May will figure him out and break him down.

ortiz tried to headbutt Floyd twice earlier in the round, on the 3rd he connected and got caught.

pull #%!$# moves and you get treated like a #%!$#.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Mayweather had to sucker punch Ortiz to get the win in his last fight.

FGHeadKick.gif

It's the truth though. 
grin.gif

I guess you didn't see the headbutts that Ortiz blatantly did in front of the ref.
Mayweather wins this easy by decision or late stoppage. Cotto cuts & bruises easy.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mayweather didn't sucker punch Ortiz. Ortiz should have just stopped trying to kiss him 34545 times. Floyd let him off the hook the 1st go round. And the ref signaled.

Ortiz shoulda been alert. And most importantly, he shouldn't have been trying to break Floyd's face w/ his head.

He earned that knockout blow w/ his actions.
Qft.
Im sayin tho.. Who tries to headbutt somebodies face and then tries to be cool right afterwords? Like he did it on accident.
Ortiz got what he deserved.. Lookin for the ref to save him after he was fighting dirty.. Where they do that at? Son is a scrub and didnt know how to deal with Mayweather.

Another W for Money May against Cotto.

I can't believe this is even going to be a fight. The fact may even took this fight shows how corny and desperate the dude is. Dude is the so called pound for pound boxer in the world yet name one real contender he fought in his last ten fights? I'll wait

^
undefeated ricky hatton...when he was still sober.
JMM
shane mosley..who just beat the !@%* out of margarito
more?

Mayweather IS the best pound for pound fighter. 

His work ethic and defense in the ring is on an entire different level.

Numbers don't lie he's 42-0 for a reason.

Mayweather didn't sucker punch Ortiz. Ortiz should have just stopped trying to kiss him 34545 times. Floyd let him off the hook the 1st go round. And the ref signaled.

Ortiz shoulda been alert. And most importantly, he shouldn't have been trying to break Floyd's face w/ his head.

Did Ortiz ever explain why he kissed him? That was really strange and he deserved to get knocked out for that.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Dude is the so called pound for pound boxer in the world

He is.

The other "pound for pound best" lost his last fight.
100% truth
matter fact, Marquez got jipped 2-3 times fighting Paquiao 

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Damn. Mayweather is my boy. But Cotto is also one of my favorites, plus he's Puerto Rican. I'm looking forward to a good fight and I think Cotto will rise to the challenge but Money pulls this one out.

Basically my thoughts.

I can't believe this is even going to be a fight. The fact may even took this fight shows how corny and desperate the dude is. Dude is the so called pound for pound boxer in the world yet name one real contender he fought in his last ten fights? I'll wait
You clearly have no business discussing this sport.

Agreed.

In terms of the Mayweather vs. Ortiz fight, it was already over.. Mayweather was man-handling him 90% of the fight.. And it was more so Ortiz not having the heart of a fighter that cause him to get "sucker punched". You could see it the entire 24/7 series.. He doesn't have the "kill" instinct.. Because of that he left his guard down and got hit with a 1-2.

Cotto vs. Mayweather... I say it goes 12 rounds... Mayweather wins 8 of 12. Cotto wins 2-3 rounds..  1 round tie.

grin.gif
You really watch his last ten, fam? I will say this: Pretty Boy's recent opponents are much more justified than Pacquiao's opponents after Pac won a piece of the welterweight crown.

Given the Pacquiao bout is unavailable, who else is there to fight? At welterweight the only logical option for Floyd was maybe Victor Ortiz, who is locked in with the Berto rematch.

Floyd Mayweather moving up in weight to fight Miguel Cotto at the Jr. Middleweight limit is the best option boxing-wise & business-wise. It is, by far, a more risky bout than Manny Pacquiao defending his Welterweight title against Jr. Welterweight titlist, Timmy Bradley.

As for my prediction: Floyd Mayweather TKO10 Miguel Cotto. 

Stylistically, Cotto matches up well against Mayweather and honestly,  MAC has a shot to win this fight...if it were made 5 years ago.  The current version of Miguel Cotto will not be able to keep up with Floyd. I'm expecting a brutal boxing clinic by Floyd and to be one his best performance of his career.

Back
Top Bottom