"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Clottey is better than 85% of the boxers mayweather beat.

roll.gif

Come on, fam.

And I like Clottey, too....until that effort he put forth in that Pacquiao fight. Yes, he fought the same fight he fought his entire pro career...but he should've known that wasn't going the title. So, IMO, fam said eff it & ran off with the check. Eff that.

Anways, just to stir up the pot, the only scenario I see Cotto winning is if Mayweather suffers an injury during the fight. 

Early in Pretty Boy's career, he had hand injuries...maybe he hurts a hand, doesn't throw with the respective hand and MAC takes advantage and steals enough rounds to win on points.

Or a more logical scenario, Miguel Cotto goes back to his early career trademark left hook to the body and Floyd hurts a rib.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

At least manny fought Barrera morales and jmm all in their prime. Also beat Joshua clottey. The more I look at may weathers resume I see how many bums he has fought. Carlos baldomir lulz sharmba Mitchell lulz. I remember the days when the best fighters fought the best upcoming prospects smh. Can't wait till someone exposes him

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

What did he do prior to that bout to warrant a fight with the #1 P4P fighter? Oh yeah... in the bout prior to challenging Pacquiao, Clottey lost a decision to the fighter (Miguel Cotto) that Pacquiao beat for a piece of the Welterweight title.

Anyone that watches boxing knew that fight was strategically set-up by Pac's daddy, Bob Arum. Given Clottey's history, there was no way Clottey would throw enough punches to hurt Pacquiao...let alone win a 12-round championship fight.

Seriously dude? Clottey was nothing more than a walking punching bag in that fight

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

What did he do prior to that bout to warrant a fight with the #1 P4P fighter? Oh yeah... in the bout prior to challenging Pacquiao, Clottey lost a decision to the fighter (Miguel Cotto) that Pacquiao beat for a piece of the Welterweight title.

Anyone that watches boxing knew that fight was strategically set-up by Pac's daddy, Bob Arum. Given Clottey's history, there was no way Clottey would throw enough punches to hurt Pacquiao...let alone win a 12-round championship fight.

PacMan has fought the EXACT same fighters...

At catchweights...but I'm not saying anything.

I was coming in here to say the exact same things

Money team all day

And to even the score since Tim claims Mayweather fights bums did Pacquiao fight Diego "Chico" Corrales? Or Luis Castillo? Nope.

PRIME Chico & JLC.
pimp.gif

Hell, Floyd wasn't even suppose to beat Chico...and he flat out dominated.

And why the hate on Baldomir? At the time, Baldomir was the LEGIT Welterweight champion. He had a good run that year...

I looking forward more to the Canelo VS Mosely fight over the main event.
laugh.gif

I dont even know who to root for, the home town homie Shane or my mexican brother canelo
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DangerousG

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

Seriously dude? Clottey was nothing more than a walking punching bag in that fight
Unacceptable.
roll.gif

May should take this easily, but I doubt he's stopping Cotto. Cotto was getting blasted by Pac and dude has heart for days.

I would be happy if Cotto won this. I've given up hope on Pac vs. May.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Floyd plants his feet in the middle of the ring like he did in rounds 2-3 vs Ortiz, Its gonna be a late stoppage.

Floyd's speed/pop/counters (especially uppercuts) are going to be way too much

Agreed.

I don't think he does in this fight, though.

I have this going the distance with Floyd the winner...

Cotto does bleed easy, but I think he'll approach this fight a little more cautious and disciplined...

I like Cotto's heart, but idk if that'll be enough to trump PBF... Besides, I cant really bet against Floyd as much as I dislike him outside the ring...

I'll be rooting for Cotto tho...
pimp.gif

MAC is one of my favorite fighters to ever lace them up, I will be rooting for him, but he has about a 0% chance of winning this fight.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

MAC is one of my favorite fighters to ever lace them up, I will be rooting for him, but he has about a 0% chance of winning this fight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UnCalled4Boy

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Unacceptable.
roll.gif
Before putting on this horrible performance, Clottey was a legit contender . He only had 2 loses one to Margaritto in a fight he was dominating till he broke his hand in the later rounds, he lost a real close decision and i believe he did enough early on to win the fight. His other loss was to Cotto in a fight that I feel Cotto got a gift decision. Clottey also beat up Zab and he destroyed the same Corrales that the great  Mayweather beat by decision. It's funny how after one bad performance a fighter is considered trash. Maybe, Paquaio is just that good.

^Stop. First Zab Judah and Diego aren't natural 147 fighters, and move real boxing fans don't really give Mayweather credit for beating Judah for the simple fact when the lights are on, he folds up. (and I'm a Judah fan) you must not watch much boxing because that was Diego's last fight, and there were already people saying he should stop, before the tragic accident. Mayweather fought a PRIME Diego at 140.

Everybody knows the Cotto is a different fighter AFTER Margs beat him up with bricks in his hands. And we also know Margs isn't as effective when he doesn't use his bricks. Sees the fight with Mosley, and Cotto in the rematch. Now I do give PAC credit for busting Margs up the way he did, even though the fight was at a 150 catch weight, which favors PAC.
Clottey is a good fighter, but an elite fighter? Nope. Clottey won when the purse was $1mil, he will never get that type of money again. He's managed by a small time promoter, they won already before the bell rang.

Clottey also beat up Zab and he destroyed the same Corrales that the great� Mayweather beat by decision.

Hold up...

Mayweather stomped Chico and it was stopped in 10, I lost count of how many times pbf put chico on the canvas.

Five %!+*%%# times. At 130, where Corrales was a %!+*%%# MONSTER knocking dudes out. His power was severe at 130. Then again, I don't expect these dopes to know that.

Originally Posted by Dok

His other loss was to Cotto in a fight that I feel Cotto got a gift decision. Clottey also beat up Zab and he destroyed the same Corrales that the great� Mayweather beat by decision. It's funny how after one bad performance a fighter is considered trash. Maybe, Paquaio is just that good.
You and Clottey might be the only ones who felt that way. If I remember correctly, it was a relatively close fight but Cotto did more than Clottey toward the later rounds and clearly pulled away with the W. Clottey was outraged and threatened Arum he'll never fight again so Arum hushed him up by rewarding him with Pac.
laugh.gif

Clottey had no business fighting Pac though, especially with that loser mentality he came in with.

Back
Top Bottom