Mayweather v. Ortiz 11-17-11 vol. this dude is ducking.

mco85 wrote:
The bottom line is that both PBF and Pac have been taking on sub par opponents who have little chance of beating them. Both of them have put in a lot of work to get where they are and now their promoters are taking advantage of that to give the fighters low risk fights with huge profits. I don't think anyone knows for sure why the PBF vs Pac fight never happened (you can't trust anything that comes out of Bob Arum's mouth) but if you are going to criticize PBF for ducking Pac, then you should also criticize Pac for his string of low quality top rank promoted opponents who have no chance at beating him. IMO Ortiz is the toughest opponent either PBF or Pac has had in their last five or so fights

That's not true when Floyd fought Shane he just knocked out margacheto and Shane was the man and when Floyd fought Ricky hatton Ricky was undefeated and when he fought DLH he had to move up to 154 to fight him and he almost lost so I don't agree with u on that

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

Ok theres Khan Bradley Alexander Ortiz I still say Berto thats all I can think of anyone else please chip in

another stupid question.

were these fighters all relevant as top tier elite fighters 2 years ago when Pac fought Cotto?  Even though Cotto wasn't the same fighter as before, I thought he was still considered a top 5 guy in the division when that fight went down.

would Pac ever fight Khan?  Do guys with the same head trainer ever face each other in boxing? (in MMA it hardly if ever happens).

No pac would never fight Khan and those guys were good but just not money makers in the sport and thats what ppv is all about

Also, the best available 147lber at the time (Floyd already had his fight w/ Marquez lined up.) was Shane Moseley who was BEGGING Manny for a fight.

Shane was coming off of fight where he destroyed Margarito, and according to Manny's promoter there was no money in a fight w/ Shane.
laugh.gif

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

Ok theres Khan Bradley Alexander Ortiz I still say Berto thats all I can think of anyone else please chip in

another stupid question.

were these fighters all relevant as top tier elite fighters 2 years ago when Pac fought Cotto?  Even though Cotto wasn't the same fighter as before, I thought he was still considered a top 5 guy in the division when that fight went down.

would Pac ever fight Khan?  Do guys with the same head trainer ever face each other in boxing? (in MMA it hardly if ever happens).

No pac would never fight Khan and those guys were good but just not money makers in the sport and thats what ppv is all about

Also, the best available 147lber at the time (Floyd already had his fight w/ Marquez lined up.) was Shane Moseley who was BEGGING Manny for a fight.

Shane was coming off of fight where he destroyed Margarito, and according to Manny's promoter there was no money in a fight w/ Shane.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by el producto79

Mojodmonky1 wrote:
another stupid question.

laugh.gif

That was true

Originally Posted by el producto79

Mojodmonky1 wrote:
another stupid question.

laugh.gif

That was true

Floyd vs Ortiz is better than any of Pacquiao's previous fights.

Pacquiao just needs to agree to take the test. Pac makes all these catchweights and rules of being within a certain weight on the day of the fight or his opponent must pay a fine per every pound over the limit him/camp/Arum need to stop those special rules.

Pacquiao just needs to agree to take the test. Pac makes all these catchweights and rules of being within a certain weight on the day of the fight or his opponent must pay a fine per every pound over the limit him/camp/Arum need to stop those special rules.

How are dudes saying that Ortiz is a subpar opponent? He's coming off of a great win, taking Berto's belt. This fight is more legit than any fight Pacquiao has fought in years..

And don't get into it with Pac fans. Most of them just his countrymen that argue for the sake of arguing just because he's Filipino.

How are dudes saying that Ortiz is a subpar opponent? He's coming off of a great win, taking Berto's belt. This fight is more legit than any fight Pacquiao has fought in years..

And don't get into it with Pac fans. Most of them just his countrymen that argue for the sake of arguing just because he's Filipino.

I just feel that Mayweather can beat the $@@$!%! *!!! out of Pacquiao.
at any time.
like now. i just want him to beat him up.
i want it to hurry up.

I just feel that Mayweather can beat the $@@$!%! *!!! out of Pacquiao.
at any time.
like now. i just want him to beat him up.
i want it to hurry up.

mco85 wrote:

The bottom line is that both PBF and Pac have been taking on sub par opponents who have little chance of beating them. Both of them have put in a lot of work to get where they are and now their promoters are taking advantage of that to give the fighters low risk fights with huge profits. I don't think anyone knows for sure why the PBF vs Pac fight never happened (you can't trust anything that comes out of Bob Arum's mouth) but if you are going to criticize PBF for ducking Pac, then you should also criticize Pac for his string of low quality top rank promoted opponents who have no chance at beating him. IMO Ortiz is the toughest opponent either PBF or Pac has had in their last five or so fights

That's not true when Floyd fought Shane he just knocked out margacheto and Shane was the man and when Floyd fought Ricky hatton Ricky was undefeated and when he fought DLH he had to move up to 154 to fight him and he almost lost so I don't agree with u on that

I see what you are saying, and maybe on paper you are right but I disagree. True Shane be Margarito but I think that had as much to do with Margarito being exposed as a cheater than anything else and IMO Shane was not a serious threat. Hatton was undefeated but had not fought anyone of significance and was a huge underdog, de la hoya was a decent fight because floyd went up to 154, but I wouldn't say Floyd almost lost that one, I know it was a split decision but most people agree Floyd won fairly easily. IMO none of those guys had a real chance of beating PBF.

But I will agree that PBF recent fights have been more legitimate than than Pac's. Mainly because PBF fights fought them coming of wins and Pac fights them coming off losses, and Floyd did go up to 154 to fight Oscar. Pac catch weights are %*#+@*%$ and he should not be considered an 8 division champion IMO

mco85 wrote:

I see what you are saying, and maybe on paper you are right but I disagree. True Shane be Margarito but I think that had as much to do with Margarito being exposed as a cheater than anything else and IMO Shane was not a serious threat. Hatton was undefeated but had not fought anyone of significance and was a huge underdog, de la hoya was a decent fight because floyd went up to 154, but I wouldn't say Floyd almost lost that one, I know it was a split decision but most people agree Floyd won fairly easily. IMO none of those guys had a real chance of beating PBF.

But I will agree that PBF recent fights have been more legitimate than than Pac's. Mainly because PBF fights fought them coming of wins and Pac fights them coming off losses, and Floyd did go up to 154 to fight Oscar. Pac catch weights are %*#+@*%$ and he should not be considered an 8 division champion IMO

mco85 wrote:

mco85 wrote:

I agree about the 8 division champ bull *&^% how are you the champ of a division that you never even fought in

mco85 wrote:

mco85 wrote:

I agree about the 8 division champ bull *&^% how are you the champ of a division that you never even fought in

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

grin.gif
 so your saying its ok for one fighter to make special rules for the fight, but the other cant? 

grin.gif
 so your saying its ok for one fighter to make special rules for the fight, but the other cant? 

WHO WAS THE LAST FIGHTER MANNY FOUGHT IN HIS PRIME?

Joshua Clottey & David Diaz

WHO WAS THE LAST FIGHTER MANNY FOUGHT IN HIS PRIME?

Joshua Clottey & David Diaz

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

grin.gif
If you read its clear he's saying "If one side can make ridiculous rules why can't the other especially if those rules help the sport?"

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

grin.gif
If you read its clear he's saying "If one side can make ridiculous rules why can't the other especially if those rules help the sport?"

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Victor Ortiz? really bro?
im one of mayweathers biggest fans.... but this dude like just dont wanna fight manny for anything.

first the bob arum vid talkin bout 65million for the fight....

i'd rather him just be retired forever. 

Thoughts?

roll.gif
roll.gif

If you were really one of his BIGGEST fans then you would have more knowledge about boxing.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Victor Ortiz? really bro?
im one of mayweathers biggest fans.... but this dude like just dont wanna fight manny for anything.

first the bob arum vid talkin bout 65million for the fight....

i'd rather him just be retired forever. 

Thoughts?

roll.gif
roll.gif

If you were really one of his BIGGEST fans then you would have more knowledge about boxing.

Back
Top Bottom