Mayweather v. Ortiz 11-17-11 vol. this dude is ducking.

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by Ryda421

LOL @ anybody who makes excuses for PBF about avoiding pac-man

LOL at "ducking" bieng fighting the wbc world champion in his athletic prime coming off his best victory

"he wants to keep the "0" , REALLY? , floyd LOST , against castillo and got a
W...."dodging a bullet" if u will.......he excercised a immediate rematch and beat
him convincingly , he fights for a living , he aint scared of fighting...

ortiz was accused of steroids by berto after he got beat down

@danrafaelespn Richard Schaefer told me that there will be USADA drug testing for the @floydmayweather-@viciousortiz fight on Sept. 17 #boxing

everyone signing it but pac

ive asked this twice with no answer

WHO WAS THE LAST FIGHTER MANNY FOUGHT IN HIS PRIME?
i want to preface by saying that I am not a die-hard boxing fan.  MMA fan here who has an appreciation for all combat sports and has been trying to get into boxing more and more over the last few years.

What about Cotto?  Granted, he wasnt quite the same after getting assaulted by Margacheato, but he isn't exactly past his prime, no?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

The dude hasn't fought in over a year...you expect him to just jump in the ring with Manny right away?

Yeah and then he's going to spend over another year without fighting and ducking and you will sit here saying the same thing in a year plus.

its only so long these dudes can go without fighting each other. its gonna happen. just taking a long $@% time

2o6 made good points too

its only so long these dudes can go without fighting each other. its gonna happen. just taking a long $@% time

2o6 made good points too

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by 2o6

LOL at "ducking" bieng fighting the wbc world champion in his athletic prime coming off his best victory

W...."dodging a bullet" if u will.......he excercised a immediate rematch and beat

@danrafaelespn Richard Schaefer told me that there will be USADA drug testing for the @floydmayweather-@viciousortiz fight on Sept. 17 #boxing

i want to preface by saying that I am not a die-hard boxing fan.  MMA fan here who has an appreciation for all combat sports and has been trying to get into boxing more and more over the last few years.

What about Cotto?  Granted, he wasnt quite the same after getting assaulted by Margacheato, but he isn't exactly past his prime, no?

Have you seen him fight lately he is clearly not the same fighter he once was

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

honest question (boxing noob here)

who else is out there that would be considered top competition in their prime?  i'm assuming we can only look at guys who are 140-147lb?

who else is out there that would be considered top competition in their prime?  i'm assuming we can only look at guys who are 140-147lb?

Ok theres Khan Bradley Alexander Ortiz I still say Berto thats all I can think of anyone else please chip in

Ok theres Khan Bradley Alexander Ortiz I still say Berto thats all I can think of anyone else please chip in

another stupid question.

were these fighters all relevant as top tier elite fighters 2 years ago when Pac fought Cotto?  Even though Cotto wasn't the same fighter as before, I thought he was still considered a top 5 guy in the division when that fight went down.

would Pac ever fight Khan?  Do guys with the same head trainer ever face each other in boxing? (in MMA it hardly if ever happens).

another stupid question.

were these fighters all relevant as top tier elite fighters 2 years ago when Pac fought Cotto?  Even though Cotto wasn't the same fighter as before, I thought he was still considered a top 5 guy in the division when that fight went down.

would Pac ever fight Khan?  Do guys with the same head trainer ever face each other in boxing? (in MMA it hardly if ever happens).

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

another stupid question.

No pac would never fight Khan and those guys were good but just not money makers in the sport and thats what ppv is all about

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

Mojodmonky1 wrote:

another stupid question.

No pac would never fight Khan and those guys were good but just not money makers in the sport and thats what ppv is all about

The bottom line is that both PBF and Pac have been taking on sub par opponents who have little chance of beating them. Both of them have put in a lot of work to get where they are and now their promoters are taking advantage of that to give the fighters low risk fights with huge profits. I don't think anyone knows for sure why the PBF vs Pac fight never happened (you can't trust anything that comes out of Bob Arum's mouth) but if you are going to criticize PBF for ducking Pac, then you should also criticize Pac for his string of low quality top rank promoted opponents who have no chance at beating him. IMO Ortiz is the toughest opponent either PBF or Pac has had in their last five or so fights

The bottom line is that both PBF and Pac have been taking on sub par opponents who have little chance of beating them. Both of them have put in a lot of work to get where they are and now their promoters are taking advantage of that to give the fighters low risk fights with huge profits. I don't think anyone knows for sure why the PBF vs Pac fight never happened (you can't trust anything that comes out of Bob Arum's mouth) but if you are going to criticize PBF for ducking Pac, then you should also criticize Pac for his string of low quality top rank promoted opponents who have no chance at beating him. IMO Ortiz is the toughest opponent either PBF or Pac has had in their last five or so fights

mco85 wrote:

That's not true when Floyd fought Shane he just knocked out margacheto and Shane was the man and when Floyd fought Ricky hatton Ricky was undefeated and when he fought DLH he had to move up to 154 to fight him and he almost lost so I don't agree with u on that

Back
Top Bottom