McDonald's, supersized: First pictures inside the world's biggest McDonald's Restaurant

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

They need to put a MUCH better food option out instead of McDonalds. This is not a good look for the Olympics, which should be supporting healthy eating and exercise.

I don't think people care. Fast food chains, soda companies, and beer companies always have ads or sponsor sporting events. The Olympics don't care about promoting clean eating.  They're probably grateful that McDonald's built that big facility and are providing free food for the athletes.
 It's weird how health conscious nt has become or at least that's how they want to sound.

The thing w/ fast food is it's ok in moderation and thats how it used to be, but a lot of you guys made it a lifestyle eating there almost everyday. Like to get a sandwhich, fries, and coke about once or twice a month ... still in shape feels goodman !

The irony of massive amounts of people stuffing their faces with french fries and chicken nuggets at the Olympic games..

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

The irony of massive amounts of people stuffing their faces with french fries and chicken nuggets at the Olympic games..

i dont think its that ironic...the athletes are the super healthy/fit ones...

anyone can watch the Olympics including folks who eat fast food all day every day....

McDonalds is probably the biggest ff chain in the world..who else could afford to build and tear down a restaurant every 4 years?

sponsors just pay for the right to say they are sponsors dont they? who else could afford that besides McDonalds and Coke?

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

word..cut fast food completely out my diet along with soda...never felt better
pimp.gif

congrats homie, havent touched the stuff in 6 months. my heart feels goood
laugh.gif

I just recently began a training regiment a couple months ago and I haven't had any fast food except In N Out one time....

Feels Good man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
It's been about 6-7 weeks since I touched fast food.
pimp.gif

deff feels good mannnn

^
Agreed.  The really big companies are the only ones who can afford it.

It's not like these athletes are going to get fat from eating some McDonald's.  Some have trouble keeping weight on so they eat like crazy.  They're some of the best athletes in the world but that doesn't mean they eat the best.  Remember all the crap Phelps ate to keep his calories up?  

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

safety_sign_poison.png

word..cut fast food completely out my diet along with soda...never felt better
pimp.gif

I stopped fast food 3 months ago, I hardly ever drink soda anyway but I'm got to stop completely....congrats btw

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

i dont think its that ironic...the athletes are the super healthy/fit ones...

anyone can watch the Olympics including folks who eat fast food all day every day....

McDonalds is probably the biggest ff chain in the world..who else could afford to build and tear down a restaurant every 4 years?

sponsors just pay for the right to say they are sponsors dont they? who else could afford that besides McDonalds and Coke?

I'm not saying they should be banned or something. But I do think it's problematic and ironic though when the faces of heart disease and diabetes are the major sponsors of the biggest athletic event in the world. Somewhat indicative of how backwards things are these days.

^
There aren't really any better, less ironic alternatives though.  Maybe a place like Subway could be a sponsor but it's also a place that serves soda, chips, and have fattening sandwich options.  Water companies don't have enough money to sponsor huge events unless it's Dasani who I think is owned by Coke.

Fast food really isn't that bad.

When I go to McDonalds, I usually get the same plain (1-2) McChicken(s), large fries, and NO SODA, only WATER and I'm good and still maintain my shape. I go maybe 1-2 times a week. I don't go at all during the school year though as I just eat the dorm food.

I definitely think drinking soda, especially a large amount of soda, contributes more to the weight problems than people think IMO. I put a halt to drinking soda after freshman year of HS, and have felt great since! My basketball endurance and stamina improved greatly!

That's a big McDonalds though!

Back
Top Bottom