McLaren MP4-12C vs Ferrari 458

Man I wish I knew people wit connects like these . I'd do three years over the water building explosives in a cave 12hr s a day for 100k+ a year no questions asked lol

Originally Posted by voodoo

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Aventador>>>>>>*

The Aventador cost as much as both the 458 and the 12C.  If you're not factoring in cost then the Pagani Zonda > Aventador.
yea that all carbon Zonda is the truth

Originally Posted by sStutter

Best of luck in your future endeavors, brother. Prior to graduation, I was deciding between offers for overseas IT contracting positions, analyst positions at a couple hedge funds, and a masters abroad at Oxford. I spoke to a few alumni that do work similar to yours and decided that the constant traveling, many times to remote locations as you mentioned, was too much and would take a serious toll on my social life, something that I wanted to maintain at least throughout my early twenties. 
laugh.gif
Congrats on your new purchase. Must feel good given all the sacrifices you've made

Lots of ways to get money, of course it's better if you can get it without having to make such extreme sacrifices.  I have a friend in DC making over 200k working for a virtual desktop company... lol leave the work at remote location for anti-social folks like myself!
Im in the DC area and currently do IT work. What company does your friend work for if you dont mind me asking

Originally Posted by nocomment6

What did you end up choosing? 
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hate or show disrespect, but it's just amazing how much money is pumped into DoD, it's unreasonable in so many ways.

Nice video regarding the R8, cool car, but the autobahn is what is truly amazing. The quality of the roads in Germany is astounding and no speed limits, I hope next time I go to Germany I'll have a chance to drive a car which can do 300 kpmh or more...
Currently working on a startup with a couple buddies from college. I deferred the masters for a year and in all likelihood, I might not even decide to do it when decision time rolls around next year. Due to the networking I did/connections I made to get them, I'm confident that the hedge fund/asset management gigs will be there in the long run, but with all the premiums being dished out for tech startups recently, I thought that there's no better time to try to create something myself.
Good luck with that!
@Vodoo, great show. It's pretty brutal that Germany spends 2-3 percent of their GDP on the autobahn, but the quality is amazing. Although I do think germans are pretty good drivers, which is necessary for the low number of lethal accidents. Good luck with your contract!

Did a run in the R8...
Haven't been in here in a few days.
But damn, that R8 vid made my palms sweaty... 315kmh!? 
eek.gif

What time of the day did you do that run?

Now you gotta do one of those on the Green Hell! Full-vid!

Originally Posted by dbailey86

Best of luck in your future endeavors, brother. Prior to graduation, I was deciding between offers for overseas IT contracting positions, analyst positions at a couple hedge funds, and a masters abroad at Oxford. I spoke to a few alumni that do work similar to yours and decided that the constant traveling, many times to remote locations as you mentioned, was too much and would take a serious toll on my social life, something that I wanted to maintain at least throughout my early twenties. 
laugh.gif
Congrats on your new purchase. Must feel good given all the sacrifices you've made

Lots of ways to get money, of course it's better if you can get it without having to make such extreme sacrifices.  I have a friend in DC making over 200k working for a virtual desktop company... lol leave the work at remote location for anti-social folks like myself!
Im in the DC area and currently do IT work. What company does your friend work for if you dont mind me asking
I don't know the name of the company, but I will shoot him an e-mail to find out.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Did a run in the R8...
Haven't been in here in a few days.
But damn, that R8 vid made my palms sweaty... 315kmh!? 
eek.gif

What time of the day did you do that run?

Now you gotta do one of those on the Green Hell! Full-vid!
My R8 is already on the way back to the states... I missed out on the Green Hell!
mad.gif
  That run in the R8 was done on Saturday when the Euro 2012 Germany vs Portugal game was going on.  I noticed the majority of Germans were somewhere watching the game so I ordered a pizza about 100 kms away, mounted some cameras in the car, and had a little fun.

Thinking about moving to the 2013 Viper next year.  The McLaren is out of my price range and I like what I've seen so far with the new Viper.

Oh no! On both the Green Hell and McLaren fronts!

So for this next car, whether it's a Viper or a McLaren or a whatever, would you ultimately look to ship it to the US? When do you leave Germany?

LOL @ 100km pizza.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Oh no! On both the Green Hell and McLaren fronts!

So for this next car, whether it's a Viper or a McLaren or a whatever, would you ultimately look to ship it to the US? When do you leave Germany?

LOL @ 100km pizza.
I'll be out of Germany by next weekend. 

Had to get that one last run on the autobahn... if I knew that particular stretch was going to be so clear I think I could have hit an indicated 200 mph. 

Back
Top Bottom