Meet The Cast of The Asian Jersey Shore: K-Town

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

you tell me..what is the stereotype that most Americans have of Asians?

it's this:
http://aatheory.com/wp-co...rd_20081015_aatheory.jpg src="http://aatheory.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nerd_20081015_aatheory.jpg">

Hell most of America don't even know what an AZN is.

Showing Asians that are just as youthful, crazy and wild as your average 20something is great. 

Dude, nobody thinks Asians look that cool.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Let's be real though, before Jersey Shore people were throwin' the term guido left and right. Now, not so much. I feel like they totally diffused any negativity towards them. I'm not a fan, though, just an observation. 
What part of the country do you reside in Lil Cao? The term guido has been thrown around left and right before I was born and continues just as strong where I reside.

Let's be real though, before Jersey Shore people were throwin' the term guido left and right. Now, not so much. I feel like they totally diffused any negativity towards them. I'm not a fan, though, just an observation. 
What part of the country do you reside in Lil Cao? The term guido has been thrown around left and right before I was born and continues just as strong where I reside.

man this is great. i love the sly underhanded comments being thrown. i dont see anything wrong with this show. never been exposed to the korean subculture. all i know if korean fried chicken is bomb and that the korean mafia supposedly owned the stars billiards near teterboro.

azn lmao i remember that term. to be honest i live in diversity. yay nj. im a filipino chillin w mostly colombians, peruvians, blacks, italians, etc.

im checkin for the lulz just like i watch jersey shore last season.

this aint a social expose its for the lulz folks

man this is great. i love the sly underhanded comments being thrown. i dont see anything wrong with this show. never been exposed to the korean subculture. all i know if korean fried chicken is bomb and that the korean mafia supposedly owned the stars billiards near teterboro.

azn lmao i remember that term. to be honest i live in diversity. yay nj. im a filipino chillin w mostly colombians, peruvians, blacks, italians, etc.

im checkin for the lulz just like i watch jersey shore last season.

this aint a social expose its for the lulz folks

Do most ktown party goers look this good/modelesque pause and is the ktown party scene really like this?? Because the show wont go past the pilot episode at best with a cast of "models". That's one of the reasons why jersey shore took off like it did...because they mostly used REAL jersey shore partiers. It makes the show more relatable to everyday viewers.
There was even another jersey shore show right before mtv's with GREAT looking girls (making j wow look like whoopi). Entertaining enough to be liked like mtv's jersey shore (before snooki got punched), but it just wasnt authentic....from the cast, to the locations, and even some of the jersey shore parties

Do most ktown party goers look this good/modelesque pause and is the ktown party scene really like this?? Because the show wont go past the pilot episode at best with a cast of "models". That's one of the reasons why jersey shore took off like it did...because they mostly used REAL jersey shore partiers. It makes the show more relatable to everyday viewers.
There was even another jersey shore show right before mtv's with GREAT looking girls (making j wow look like whoopi). Entertaining enough to be liked like mtv's jersey shore (before snooki got punched), but it just wasnt authentic....from the cast, to the locations, and even some of the jersey shore parties

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Nah I think people watch because its funny.

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Nah I think people watch because its funny.

True NT detectives would see that there is something in this thread that would make it REAL interesting... Comical.  Seattle is a small city.  

True NT detectives would see that there is something in this thread that would make it REAL interesting... Comical.  Seattle is a small city.  

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

I'm from the west coast. I guess that's because I never really hear about it much. Thanks for educating me though.
@Dirtylicious, my point exactly.. If y'all think Asians partying and %+%@*$%%#+%@ is giving us a bad image, look at all the reality shows with white and black folks. They're doing the same $@%!. What different is it if Asians do it as well? It's just a TV show, and it's even more great that Asians finally get a spotlight, not like that Tila Tequila *+#%*+$$.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

I'm from the west coast. I guess that's because I never really hear about it much. Thanks for educating me though.
@Dirtylicious, my point exactly.. If y'all think Asians partying and %+%@*$%%#+%@ is giving us a bad image, look at all the reality shows with white and black folks. They're doing the same $@%!. What different is it if Asians do it as well? It's just a TV show, and it's even more great that Asians finally get a spotlight, not like that Tila Tequila *+#%*+$$.

Back
Top Bottom