Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

The Nets are %+$*$%% stupid if they are giving up both Favors & Harris in the Melo trade
30t6p3b.gif
....do they not realize its the Nuggets that are behind the 8-ball in this situation? Why are they so willing to give up that much?

Ive been sayin a "pure PG" would fit the Nets much better much better than Harris... so even tho he puts up #'s, for Melo, I can see him being expendable... but Favors too? Dude prolly has the most upside from any at the top of the draft, and could complement Lopez perfectly....

As good as Melo is, that trade will hurt the Nets more than help them, especially if they don't sign Melo to an extension. They'd put themselves in a serious hole at PF and PG just for the sake of having a big name player.
w/ or w/o the extension, don't think it's smart. Melo prolly aint goin for that anyway.

If you're the Nuggets tho, you couldn't pull the trigger faster...

The Nets are %+$*$%% stupid if they are giving up both Favors & Harris in the Melo trade
30t6p3b.gif
....do they not realize its the Nuggets that are behind the 8-ball in this situation? Why are they so willing to give up that much?

Ive been sayin a "pure PG" would fit the Nets much better much better than Harris... so even tho he puts up #'s, for Melo, I can see him being expendable... but Favors too? Dude prolly has the most upside from any at the top of the draft, and could complement Lopez perfectly....

As good as Melo is, that trade will hurt the Nets more than help them, especially if they don't sign Melo to an extension. They'd put themselves in a serious hole at PF and PG just for the sake of having a big name player.
w/ or w/o the extension, don't think it's smart. Melo prolly aint goin for that anyway.

If you're the Nuggets tho, you couldn't pull the trigger faster...

Nets would have a legit 1-2 punch and a better than good chance at landing another max player after next year.

Keeping Harris/Favors won't attract a max player at all. They would never get over the hump with that team. Melo at least gives them a chance to attract another elite player while still being enough to get them into the playoffs this year, which wouldn't be a given if they keep their team as is.

Just my .02

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Why in the world would he want to go there after that trade

I agree.  Maybe if there was a way to do it with Harris staying in NJ, then it might make more sense for Melo.  With both Harris and Favors out, with Melo, the Nets are probably a 30 win team at most.  And, if I'm the Nets, there's no way I even think about doing this deal unless Melo signs an extension first.  Otherwise, its completely pointless for them.  In he extends, if your the Nets, I guess you figure that Melo and the move to Brooklyn can land you another top FA in a couple years, like CP3. 

Nets would have a legit 1-2 punch and a better than good chance at landing another max player after next year.

Keeping Harris/Favors won't attract a max player at all. They would never get over the hump with that team. Melo at least gives them a chance to attract another elite player while still being enough to get them into the playoffs this year, which wouldn't be a given if they keep their team as is.

Just my .02

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Why in the world would he want to go there after that trade

I agree.  Maybe if there was a way to do it with Harris staying in NJ, then it might make more sense for Melo.  With both Harris and Favors out, with Melo, the Nets are probably a 30 win team at most.  And, if I'm the Nets, there's no way I even think about doing this deal unless Melo signs an extension first.  Otherwise, its completely pointless for them.  In he extends, if your the Nets, I guess you figure that Melo and the move to Brooklyn can land you another top FA in a couple years, like CP3. 

D.J. Ausgustine would be coming to Jersey...

A lineup of:

Augustine
Morrow
Melo
Murphy
Brook

Is better than what we have now, so its an upgrade that I'll take. If Melo signs the extension, its a good deal, imo. The starting rotation is an upgrade, the only thing is the bench would be on the weak side... Some bright spots, but not a great rotation. I'll still take it with that starting unit, though.

D.J. Ausgustine would be coming to Jersey...

A lineup of:

Augustine
Morrow
Melo
Murphy
Brook

Is better than what we have now, so its an upgrade that I'll take. If Melo signs the extension, its a good deal, imo. The starting rotation is an upgrade, the only thing is the bench would be on the weak side... Some bright spots, but not a great rotation. I'll still take it with that starting unit, though.

Dude said DJ Augistine
roll.gif

Dude got no burn last season behind Raymond.

Offnote: Anybody else think DJ & T.I. lil brother in ATL long alike?
roll.gif

Dude said DJ Augistine
roll.gif

Dude got no burn last season behind Raymond.

Offnote: Anybody else think DJ & T.I. lil brother in ATL long alike?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by frankl1001

C - Lopez
PF - Troy Murphy
SF - Melo
SG - T.Will or Morrow
PG - FARMAR / Dooling

Terrible
That team will be okay the Atlantic division is horrible

Originally Posted by frankl1001

C - Lopez
PF - Troy Murphy
SF - Melo
SG - T.Will or Morrow
PG - FARMAR / Dooling

Terrible
That team will be okay the Atlantic division is horrible

Outside of the:

Celtics, Heat, Magic, Hawks, Bulls and Bucks

You can't convince me that the other East teams are substantially closer to the post season than a Melo-led Nets team. Can't do it.

Outside of the:

Celtics, Heat, Magic, Hawks, Bulls and Bucks

You can't convince me that the other East teams are substantially closer to the post season than a Melo-led Nets team. Can't do it.

The Nets are stupid unless they get Chris Paul, if they don't get him this is a failure because Melo aint that good.

The Nets are stupid unless they get Chris Paul, if they don't get him this is a failure because Melo aint that good.

Back
Top Bottom