Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

Well, Stein is reporting Melo is warming up to the idea of playing for the Nets, but hoping the Bulls + Knicks make a last ditch effort to get in this, as, Melo really wants to play with Amare.

But, the Bulls aren't giving up Noah, and the Knicks don't have draft picks to throw into the deal.

Well, Stein is reporting Melo is warming up to the idea of playing for the Nets, but hoping the Bulls + Knicks make a last ditch effort to get in this, as, Melo really wants to play with Amare.

But, the Bulls aren't giving up Noah, and the Knicks don't have draft picks to throw into the deal.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Pretty sure Melo wants to do more than make the playoffs.
Capt obvious over here
laugh.gif

If he accepts going to the Nets, he does so knowing he won't sniff a title this year, but next year they're in the thick of things to get another elite player.

Like someone else said before though, he could just wait the season out and then become an unrestricted free agent and pick his own damn team.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Pretty sure Melo wants to do more than make the playoffs.
Capt obvious over here
laugh.gif

If he accepts going to the Nets, he does so knowing he won't sniff a title this year, but next year they're in the thick of things to get another elite player.

Like someone else said before though, he could just wait the season out and then become an unrestricted free agent and pick his own damn team.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Outside of the:

Celtics, Heat, Magic, Hawks, Bulls and Bucks

You can't convince me that the other East teams are substantially closer to the post season than a Melo-led Nets team. Can't do it.
Fair enough, but I could see the 76ers, Wizards, Bobcats and maybe the Knicks and Pacers all being better than that Nets team. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This trade is a failure if they don't get Chris Paul, peroid, Melo aint that good.
Maybe.

I just don't see how keeping Harris/Favors is such a bright future. No elite talent is going to sign there, if Melo had the choice, you bet the house he's picking Amare.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Outside of the:

Celtics, Heat, Magic, Hawks, Bulls and Bucks

You can't convince me that the other East teams are substantially closer to the post season than a Melo-led Nets team. Can't do it.
Fair enough, but I could see the 76ers, Wizards, Bobcats and maybe the Knicks and Pacers all being better than that Nets team. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This trade is a failure if they don't get Chris Paul, peroid, Melo aint that good.
Maybe.

I just don't see how keeping Harris/Favors is such a bright future. No elite talent is going to sign there, if Melo had the choice, you bet the house he's picking Amare.

There's not many situations were Melo can go & his team will be an instant contender. Atleast with the Nets, that's one option where he can go that in some time could possibly be a contender.

Its one step at a time...

There's not many situations were Melo can go & his team will be an instant contender. Atleast with the Nets, that's one option where he can go that in some time could possibly be a contender.

getting traded and making the playoffs is worthless unless you and your team can compete for a championship in which the Nets barely even contend for the playoffs.

getting traded and making the playoffs is worthless unless you and your team can compete for a championship in which the Nets barely even contend for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

If the Clippers could acquire Melo without giving up Blake Griffin, they would be pretty good right away.  Assuming they had to give up Chris Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu to do it, that would leave Melo, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin as the Clippers starters.  I think that team could compete with most other in the West, except for the Lakers of course. 

If the Clippers could acquire Melo without giving up Blake Griffin, they would be pretty good right away.  Assuming they had to give up Chris Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu to do it, that would leave Melo, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin as the Clippers starters.  I think that team could compete with most other in the West, except for the Lakers of course. 

You really think Melo wants to do 3 years of mediocrity? Because that's what he's going to get if he is traded to the Nets. There are no elite players in next year's free agency class, and then you have to hope that the following year Chris Paul goes to NJ, which isn't a given. It's not worth it for him or the Nets to make this move right now. If they really want Carmelo Anthony they should wait until the off-season and sign him, and be in great shape to compete with the Bulls, Magic, Heat, etc. They have too bright of a core to blow up right now. You add Melo to this team next year and you have the makings of a great team. People underestimate the Nets for winning 12 games last year, but do you think they really wanted to play? No, that team had no leadership or direction, and the organization knew it was in their best interest to tank and try and win the John Wall sweepstakes. Put Melo on this team next year and they win 45-50 games. Year after that if they sign Paul or get a better 2guard they're looking at a 55+win season.

Back
Top Bottom