Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

There's not many situations were Melo can go & his team will be an instant contender. Atleast with the Nets, that's one option where he can go that in some time could possibly be a contender.

Its one step at a time...
You really think Melo wants to do 3 years of mediocrity? Because that's what he's going to get if he is traded to the Nets. There are no elite players in next year's free agency class, and then you have to hope that the following year Chris Paul goes to NJ, which isn't a given. It's not worth it for him or the Nets to make this move right now. If they really want Carmelo Anthony they should wait until the off-season and sign him, and be in great shape to compete with the Bulls, Magic, Heat, etc. They have too bright of a core to blow up right now. You add Melo to this team next year and you have the makings of a great team. People underestimate the Nets for winning 12 games last year, but do you think they really wanted to play? No, that team had no leadership or direction, and the organization knew it was in their best interest to tank and try and win the John Wall sweepstakes. Put Melo on this team next year and they win 45-50 games. Year after that if they sign Paul or get a better 2guard they're looking at a 55+win season.

whats the point of being traded to the nets? there not going to be better than what the nuggets are now

whats the point of being traded to the nets? there not going to be better than what the nuggets are now

Originally Posted by lawdog1

There's not many situations were Melo can go & his team will be an instant contender. Atleast with the Nets, that's one option where he can go that in some time could possibly be a contender.

If the Clippers could acquire Melo without giving up Blake Griffin, they would be pretty good right away.  Assuming they had to give up Chris Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu to do it, that would leave Melo, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin as the Clippers starters.  I think that team could compete with most other in the West, except for the Lakers of course.

Key words right there, though. If he went to Jersey, the Nets would be pretty good too. Not saying the Clippers are a bad destination (Apparently, its his safe choice), but he's got a couple options were pretty good situations would take place.

You really think Melo wants to do 3 years of mediocrity? Because that's what he's going to get if he is traded to the Nets. There are no elite players in next year's free agency class, and then you have to hope that the following year Chris Paul goes to NJ, which isn't a given. It's not worth it for him or the Nets to make this move right now. If they really want Carmelo Anthony they should wait until the off-season and sign him, and be in great shape to compete with the Bulls, Magic, Heat, etc. They have too bright of a core to blow up right now. You add Melo to this team next year and you have the makings of a great team. People underestimate the Nets for winning 12 games last year, but do you think they really wanted to play? No, that team had no leadership or direction, and the organization knew it was in their best interest to tank and try and win the John Wall sweepstakes. Put Melo on this team next year and they win 45-50 games. Year after that if they sign Paul or get a better 2guard they're looking at a 55+win season.

Like you said CP wouldn't be a given if we waited for him... Niether would Melo if we waited for him. If we have the chance to get him now, we should try & pull the trigger. It woul dbe a loss losing out on Devin & Favors & the futures they have, but if getting an all star in Melo in return, I'd take it. We'd still have youth on the team to build for the future, too. Terrence Williams, Brook Lopez, & Anthony Morrow are 3 really bright spots that Im looking forward to seeing over the next few years. I'd also have some solid hopes for Augustine.

With aquiring other players, we'd be a more destined place than now. Melo with our core & some success could do that. Nothings a given, but its moving in the right direction step by step. The Nets aren't going to be a championship team in 1 or 2 years, but we also aren't going to terrible. The team has a bright future...

The current lineup with adding Melo is a playoff team. From there, leave that to managment to get some players & things are looking good.

All bias aside, of course
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

If the Clippers could acquire Melo without giving up Blake Griffin, they would be pretty good right away.  Assuming they had to give up Chris Kaman and Al-Farouq Aminu to do it, that would leave Melo, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin as the Clippers starters.  I think that team could compete with most other in the West, except for the Lakers of course.

Key words right there, though. If he went to Jersey, the Nets would be pretty good too. Not saying the Clippers are a bad destination (Apparently, its his safe choice), but he's got a couple options were pretty good situations would take place.

Like you said CP wouldn't be a given if we waited for him... Niether would Melo if we waited for him. If we have the chance to get him now, we should try & pull the trigger. It woul dbe a loss losing out on Devin & Favors & the futures they have, but if getting an all star in Melo in return, I'd take it. We'd still have youth on the team to build for the future, too. Terrence Williams, Brook Lopez, & Anthony Morrow are 3 really bright spots that Im looking forward to seeing over the next few years. I'd also have some solid hopes for Augustine.

With aquiring other players, we'd be a more destined place than now. Melo with our core & some success could do that. Nothings a given, but its moving in the right direction step by step. The Nets aren't going to be a championship team in 1 or 2 years, but we also aren't going to terrible. The team has a bright future...

The current lineup with adding Melo is a playoff team. From there, leave that to managment to get some players & things are looking good.

All bias aside, of course
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

Dude said DJ Augistine
roll.gif

Dude got no burn last season behind Raymond.

Offnote: Anybody else think DJ & T.I. lil brother in ATL long alike?
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

Dude said DJ Augistine
roll.gif

Dude got no burn last season behind Raymond.

Offnote: Anybody else think DJ & T.I. lil brother in ATL long alike?
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

@ anyone who thinks the nets would even be good if they get melo. that starting lineup would be TRASH

east

heat
c's
magic
bulls
hawks
bucks
knicks

AND IF THAT DEAL GOES THROUGH...sorry but charlotte got that 8th seed

melo aint stupid enough to accept that deal and if he signs the extension to go to the nets...he will regret it for the rest of his career

laugh.gif

@ anyone who thinks the nets would even be good if they get melo. that starting lineup would be TRASH

east

heat
c's
magic
bulls
hawks
bucks
knicks

melo aint stupid enough to accept that deal and if he signs the extension to go to the nets...he will regret it for the rest of his career

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

laugh.gif

east

heat
c's
magic
bulls
hawks
bucks
knicks

Who said they would be good?

Some of you Knick fans are something else
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

east

heat
c's
magic
bulls
hawks
bucks
knicks

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif

east

heat
c's
magic
bulls
hawks
bucks
knicks

laugh.gif
It's also laughable that you think that only the teams you listed are better then the Nets. Charlotte would be even better with this trade, the Knicks are better then the Nets, as is the Wizards and possibly the Pacers. That roster is a complete and utter mess. Augustin sucks and isn't much of an upgrade over Farmar and Dooling. It's a slight upgrade from the team last year if they add Melo while gutting they're roster. Probably gonna need to get to .500 to make the playoffs (give or take a few games), you think the Nets are gonna take a 29 game turnaround with this move?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif

east

heat
c's
magic
bulls
hawks
bucks
knicks

laugh.gif
It's also laughable that you think that only the teams you listed are better then the Nets. Charlotte would be even better with this trade, the Knicks are better then the Nets, as is the Wizards and possibly the Pacers. That roster is a complete and utter mess. Augustin sucks and isn't much of an upgrade over Farmar and Dooling. It's a slight upgrade from the team last year if they add Melo while gutting they're roster. Probably gonna need to get to .500 to make the playoffs (give or take a few games), you think the Nets are gonna take a 29 game turnaround with this move?
grin.gif

What's with some of you NY'ers? Almost making LA'ers look alright 
laugh.gif

After the six teams I listed, I could see any of the conference making a bid for the last 2 seeds. That's all I said. Meaning I can't make a case for Charlotte over NJ or vice versa etc. etc.

Getting to .500 isn't asking for the world, I really doubt they'll have a repeat historically bad regular season.

What's with some of you NY'ers? Almost making LA'ers look alright 
laugh.gif

After the six teams I listed, I could see any of the conference making a bid for the last 2 seeds. That's all I said. Meaning I can't make a case for Charlotte over NJ or vice versa etc. etc.

Getting to .500 isn't asking for the world, I really doubt they'll have a repeat historically bad regular season.

Melo is reportedly signing the extension and will be traded to the Nets.

Should have stayed in Denver this season. Would have saw 60+ mil contract even with the CBA.

Bad move IMO.

Melo is reportedly signing the extension and will be traded to the Nets.

Should have stayed in Denver this season. Would have saw 60+ mil contract even with the CBA.

Bad move IMO.

Back
Top Bottom