Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Does Melo want to win?
laugh.gif

He must know something we don't.
Thats what I'm thinking. He's probably been working the phones and politicking behind the scenes ensuring that he wont be playing for the Nets with no talent around him. The Nets + Carmelo arent that special of a team and would probably finish around .500. Maybe he thinks he can attract 1-2 big names to the Nets in the coming years.

could have waited a year and not gutted a roster. selfish
Melo doesnt have a no-trade clause. The Nuggets can trade him anywhere they want but teams are obviously low-balling the Nuggets because its not worth trading away assets for a rental player. Atleast now he'd have control of his own fate (join the Nets on his terms rather than being traded to a random team at a random point of the season). Anyways, you know how veteran NBAers think...they'd much rather have proven guys as teammates over young players and high draft picks.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Does Melo want to win?
laugh.gif

He must know something we don't.
Thats what I'm thinking. He's probably been working the phones and politicking behind the scenes ensuring that he wont be playing for the Nets with no talent around him. The Nets + Carmelo arent that special of a team and would probably finish around .500. Maybe he thinks he can attract 1-2 big names to the Nets in the coming years.

could have waited a year and not gutted a roster. selfish
Melo doesnt have a no-trade clause. The Nuggets can trade him anywhere they want but teams are obviously low-balling the Nuggets because its not worth trading away assets for a rental player. Atleast now he'd have control of his own fate (join the Nets on his terms rather than being traded to a random team at a random point of the season). Anyways, you know how veteran NBAers think...they'd much rather have proven guys as teammates over young players and high draft picks.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by tim teufel

nets have a better team than the knicks do right now 
laugh.gif

No they don't. Stop lying to yourself.
exactly
laugh.gif
.... comparing a 12 win team to the knicks team shouldnt be taken seriously... and the funny part is the nets actually had a better lineup... but the knicks had a better offseason than the nets.... im not including the addition of melo because its not confirmed yet

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by tim teufel

nets have a better team than the knicks do right now 
laugh.gif

No they don't. Stop lying to yourself.
exactly
laugh.gif
.... comparing a 12 win team to the knicks team shouldnt be taken seriously... and the funny part is the nets actually had a better lineup... but the knicks had a better offseason than the nets.... im not including the addition of melo because its not confirmed yet

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I said either of the last two spots are up for grabs. If I had to put odds on it I would say Knicks>Nets

People saying Nets have no chance at the playoffs, they're garbage etc. etc. I don't agree with. I could see any of the teams outside of the 6 I listed as taking those last two seeds.

Understand now?
tired.gif
What are you talking about... I completely understand that. You think the Nets can make the playoffs, good for you. If you think that then go ahead. I don't. I've already said why.

What does that have to do with this:
I'm being funny? Na I'm laughing at you. Not trying to be funny at all.

My post does nothing in this whole equation.

K
eyes.gif
What did I say about the Knicks that was funny when you again you agree with my statement that the Knicks are in contention for a playoff spot?...
Na it was hilarious to me that you're so sure of the Knicks. As if they're a lock to "win" and get to the playoffs.

When did I say they were a lock? Did I not just list the Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, and Bobcats to go for that last two seeds?... So if I do the simple math, that's two teams that won't make the playoffs, and the Knicks are included in that list? Get out of here with this BS.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I said either of the last two spots are up for grabs. If I had to put odds on it I would say Knicks>Nets

People saying Nets have no chance at the playoffs, they're garbage etc. etc. I don't agree with. I could see any of the teams outside of the 6 I listed as taking those last two seeds.

Understand now?
tired.gif
What are you talking about... I completely understand that. You think the Nets can make the playoffs, good for you. If you think that then go ahead. I don't. I've already said why.

What does that have to do with this:
I'm being funny? Na I'm laughing at you. Not trying to be funny at all.

My post does nothing in this whole equation.

K
eyes.gif
What did I say about the Knicks that was funny when you again you agree with my statement that the Knicks are in contention for a playoff spot?...
Na it was hilarious to me that you're so sure of the Knicks. As if they're a lock to "win" and get to the playoffs.

When did I say they were a lock? Did I not just list the Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, and Bobcats to go for that last two seeds?... So if I do the simple math, that's two teams that won't make the playoffs, and the Knicks are included in that list? Get out of here with this BS.

I don't get what Melo is thinking here... it's not a good basketball move at all. The Nets wouldn't be as good as his current Nuggets team.

But he still gets his extension so I guess that's all he cares about.

I'll believe it when I see it officially.

I don't get what Melo is thinking here... it's not a good basketball move at all. The Nets wouldn't be as good as his current Nuggets team.

But he still gets his extension so I guess that's all he cares about.

I'll believe it when I see it officially.

I've been posting the Melo news on the offseason thread and didn't even notice this thread

I've been posting the Melo news on the offseason thread and didn't even notice this thread

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

there has to be something going on behind the scenes that melo knows because signing that extension to play for the nets just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm gonna have to agree with this. There's gotta be more then this.

there has to be something going on behind the scenes that melo knows because signing that extension to play for the nets just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm gonna have to agree with this. There's gotta be more then this.

Jay-Z possibly could have something to do with it. On top of that, LaLa will embrace this trade so she could be in NY, but the Nets will be terrible for a few seasons even with Melo on the team. 

Jay-Z possibly could have something to do with it. On top of that, LaLa will embrace this trade so she could be in NY, but the Nets will be terrible for a few seasons even with Melo on the team. 

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I heard Jay-Z offered a package Melo couldn't resist..

Spoiler [+]
Beyonce_Knowles_200_391180a.jpg

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I heard Jay-Z offered a package Melo couldn't resist..

Spoiler [+]
Beyonce_Knowles_200_391180a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom