Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by bittersweet

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:

Chicago still a loser in all of this cuz they wouldn't let Noah go. Yes, Joakim (no offensive threat) Noah. Rose, Boozer and Melo is far more of a threat than Melo, Lopez and Farmar
laugh.gif
No, we aren't a loser. Do you seriously think it would make sense for us to trade Noah, Deng, Gibson, and possibly someone else for Melo?
Given that he's only coming for a year & us NOT KNOWING if he's going to sign an extension?

So we trade all those dudes - Melo stays for a year & leaves. What would we have?

You sound crazy as hell.
You think anybody is trading for Carmelo without his prior commitment to sign an extension?
laugh.gif

That's my point. People think Chicago is so nuts for not giving up Noah ... but it's obvious why.

Noah already turned down 5/57 million extension he says he wants 70+ million +%*! out here!

Well duh, the Nets are givnin up alot and if Melo gets traded then leaves after the season, then they might as well keep their young talent

But i truly feel that Melo wont sign an extension if he ends up on the Nets
Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:
the way it's looking to me is that unless he gets traded to the knicks or somewhere he wants to go

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

the way it's looking to me is that unless he gets traded to the knicks or somewhere he wants to go, i doubt he's going to sign the extension so more then likely denver's going to be stuck with him and if they have a good season and have a shot at a top 3 spot in the west they'll let it ride out, hope to convince him to stay and take the L if he doesn't. if the teams going nowhere this season, they'll probably move him before the deadline and take the best 20 cents on the dollar deal they can get from whatever team that decides to rent him for their playoff run.
I think people are missing things:

- Carmelo doesn't want to play in Denver long term, but also doesn't want to face free agency in '11 with a restructured CBA or lockout
- Carmelo wants to sign an extension, since if things go as projected, he'll take a substantial loss next summer if he were to play out his contract and then sign with whichever team he wanted under the new CBA

He pretty much screwed himself in deciding his own future by taking the extra year on his last extension with the current CBA expiring. He wants his money & to decide where he's going. The problem? The money won't be there next summer, which is why he's getting out of Denver right now, but his list of possible suitors looks to be down to NJ, as the other team also must have assets the Nuggets want. (New York doesn't have anything Denver wants, and Chicago isn't parting with Noah)

There's no way he spends any part of this season with the Nuggets, unless he has some sort of weird complete 180 in terms of his attitude.

One way or another..Melo will find his way to NYK. If he has to play it out and wait till next year, he'll do so.

Unless Chi agrees to give up Noah, he'll be a Knick sooner or later.

And where were there reports that Melo WOULD NOT sign an extension with Chicago??

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

One way or another..Melo will find his way to NYK. If he has to play it out and wait till next year, he'll do so.

Unless Chi agrees to give up Noah, he'll be a Knick sooner or later.

And where were there reports that Melo WOULD NOT sign an extension with Chicago??

I'm ready to give up Noah this fool asking for 5 year extension worth 70+ million %+++ out here with that $!**

Half yall cats aint even reading the thread, reports or anything.
laugh.gif
When its been stated numerous times who has what and what a team already has.

it's a pipe dream and i know it won't happen but it would be wonderful if melo plays the season out, the nuggets get the dream package of sasha, luke, and a 2012 2nd round pick to rent melo for the playoffs and then let him sign with the knicks next summer so that everyone from both coasts end up being happy.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

I don't believe there ARE any. The Bulls just don't want to give up Noah.
Carlos Boozer doesn't want him to get traded for Melo either ...

Chicago still a loser in all of this cuz they wouldn't let Noah go. Yes, Joakim (no offensive threat) Noah. Rose, Boozer and Melo is far more of a threat than Melo, Lopez and Farmar
laugh.gif
No, we aren't a loser. Do you seriously think it would make sense for us to trade Noah, Deng, Gibson, and possibly someone else for Melo?
Given that he's only coming for a year & us NOT KNOWING if he's going to sign an extension?

So we trade all those dudes - Melo stays for a year & leaves. What would we have?

You sound crazy as hell.
You think anybody is trading for Carmelo without his prior commitment to sign an extension?
laugh.gif
That's my point. People think Chicago is so nuts for not giving up Noah ... but it's obvious why.

Why is it obvious? Why? Plz explain?

Obviously CHI wouldn't trade for Melo if he didn't sign the extension 1st (which Melo would do in a heartbeat). The bulls ARE NUTS not giving up Noah for Melo.....NUTS!!!

Originally Posted by h3at23

laugh.gif

You sound crazy as hell.
laugh.gif
Why is it obvious? Why? Plz explain?

Obviously CHI wouldn't trade for Melo if he didn't sign the extension 1st (which Melo would do in a heartbeat). The bulls ARE NUTS not giving up Noah for Melo.....NUTS!!!

this is the same team that didn't wanna give up luol deng in a potential trade for kobe back in 2007

I don't see why they wont do. Back in the 2003 Draft the Bulls were supposedly going to Trade Jay Williams & Number #7 pick for Carmelo, but Jay Will got injured and that went out the window. He's Much better now so i don't seen what's going on with the Bulls FO

Welp, obviously we have someone who only cares about the money.

Who the *%#! would sign with the NETS though?
30t6p3b.gif

Melo is too good for them ... they have NO SQUAD.

There's a nice FA class in 2012 and thats when the Nets would move to BK.

Welp, obviously we have someone who only cares about the money.

Who the *%#! would sign with the NETS though?
30t6p3b.gif

Melo is too good for them ... they have NO SQUAD.

There's a nice FA class in 2012 and thats when the Nets would move to BK.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

the way it's looking to me is that unless he gets traded to the knicks or somewhere he wants to go, i doubt he's going to sign the extension so more then likely denver's going to be stuck with him and if they have a good season and have a shot at a top 3 spot in the west they'll let it ride out, hope to convince him to stay and take the L if he doesn't. if the teams going nowhere this season, they'll probably move him before the deadline and take the best 20 cents on the dollar deal they can get from whatever team that decides to rent him for their playoff run.
I think people are missing things:

- Carmelo doesn't want to play in Denver long term, but also doesn't want to face free agency in '11 with a restructured CBA or lockout
- Carmelo wants to sign an extension, since if things go as projected, he'll take a substantial loss next summer if he were to play out his contract and then sign with whichever team he wanted under the new CBA

He pretty much screwed himself in deciding his own future by taking the extra year on his last extension with the current CBA expiring. He wants his money & to decide where he's going. The problem? The money won't be there next summer, which is why he's getting out of Denver right now, but his list of possible suitors looks to be down to NJ, as the other team also must have assets the Nuggets want. (New York doesn't have anything Denver wants, and Chicago isn't parting with Noah)

There's no way he spends any part of this season with the Nuggets, unless he has some sort of weird complete 180 in terms of his attitude.

Melo overplayed his hand. His cards were that, if the Nuggets tried to stop a trade to the Knicks, he could just sit on his hands and leave in free agency.
The trade was supposed to be him leaving his old team with something. At no point was he supposed to demand a trade before training camp, or give them a wish list and say, get it done quick. Because then they called his bluff and told him to sign off on one of his backup options or lose that extension he's been fiending.

He did it to himself, and to us Knicks fans. Big head, little brain. 
30t6p3b.gif

< Please take this from the sane Bulls fan. We want Melo. We are furious at Pax for letting it get this far. Noah should've been gone Thursday. This is why we are a joke, our management is TURRIBLE.

Everyone on the radio here is saying you give Noah away yesterday. This makes no sense in my mind. I know the Nets offer is nice, but the Bulls have the advantage in that they are one of his top two destinations and ultimately he holds the cards to this.

Chicago fans shouldn't blame management for not wanting to trade Noah, they should blame them for giving Luol Deng that big contract. If anything, I think that's a bigger negative in the deal. There is no way I would want Deng for 4 years at 11+ million per year. Instead of rebuilding they would basically have to build a team around Deng for 4 years and that's pretty laughable.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

< Please take this from the sane Bulls fan. We want Melo. We are furious at Pax for letting it get this far. Noah should've been gone Thursday. This is why we are a joke, our management is TURRIBLE.

Everyone on the radio here is saying you give Noah away yesterday. This makes no sense in my mind. I know the Nets offer is nice, but the Bulls have the advantage in that they are one of his top two destinations and ultimately he holds the cards to this.
i seriously think they woulda learned their lesson after being so close to getting kobe back in 2007.  not wanting to move deng when they had a chance to get kobe was one of the silliest things i've seen. 

i know kobe didn't want the bulls completely gutted if he was gonna go there but they coulda made a deal at that time if they really wanted to make something happen.

either way john paxon is dumb.  they had all this young talent and trade pieces and didn't do anything with them.  yeah noah is a good hustle guy but you can find guys like that, guys like carmelo anothony aren't as easy to acquire. just trade noah, get a very good player who's almost a superstar and watch the bulls be a top team in the league with rose, boozer, and melo.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Am I the only person that agrees with the bulls decision?

i see where your comming from with your thinking but i dunno in this situation i'd pull the trigger. i've  read that noah wants a contract that's way more then what he's worth. (not sure how accurate the article was) but if that's the case i would make the trade.  you can find another joakim noah type player either through the draft or free agency but it's not often that a guy like melo can be had for a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom