Mens Hygiene.. what are you using? so fresh and so cleannn cleannn..

I'm telling ya'll most dandruff shampoo dry out your hair to get rid of the flakes. Start using hair moisturizers or hair lotions. I had bad dandruff myself and used head and Shoulders for years and it work but my hair would feel brittle. I thought that was normal. Than this year a female informed me to try hair lotion. Now, I still have no dandruff , hair is soft as hell.

I had dandruff and used H&S and had the same brittle or dried out hair feel..I found this new stuff that works like a champ..

It's called Clear..Here's the link..
http://www.clearhaircare.com/men

Hair and Mane is what I used to stop getting flakes, especially when I let my hair grow long my scalp would dry out and flake underneath. It's the one with a picture of a horse on the bottle. Baby oil works too by the way.

Hair lotion..what brand?

Go to your local beauty store. They should have a variety. The one I used I got from my mother since she grows her hair natural. I don't know the name of the brand I use as I am at work now. Check out the black guy haircut thread (I think thats the name) I posted it there.

Shea Moisture Products 
grin.gif
smokin.gif

Surprising to hear that about every mans jack shampoo, but I haven't had much success with Head and Shoulders either. It'll be fine for that one day but man by day 2, flakes are common. I haven't had that problem as much now mainly because my hair is short, wavy, moisturized etc. but I don't think I'll be going back to them. 

This is the best stuff for my money. Sulfate free, too.

NGT005_Xl.jpg

Where can I cop? 15 minutes seems long tho, or do you just put it on at the beginning of your shower and rinse it at the end?

Yeah, usually I rinse my hair with luke cold water and then put this in. A pea sized amount is enough..just massage it in. Then usually brush my teeth, shave and body wash. I rinse it out at the end...so approx 15 minutes. Only gotta do it once every 3 days. Some sort of oil is equally important though. This will have your hair looking quite dry (at least for me it does). I heard the original use for this is for people with dandruff so I guess it'll work well for that too.

Mens dove, oldspice even though it doesnt lather up good, Suave (cheap stuff from dollar tree, but it lathers up nice and the smell is kinda nice), Axe from time to time, usually use womens deodorant but i gotta cop some no scent kind.

Been looking at some Dr. Bonners stuff ever since that one guy posted something about it in TAN.

Someone put ya boy on some nice shaving cream not out a can. 
nerd.gif
the art of shaving. Kind of pricey but worth it if you are serious about a smooth shave

Use for Head/Face. Dermatologist recommended it for skin redness and it cleared my face a bit.

Unscented. Don't want to walk around smelling like a body wash, do you? That's why I have perfume for, a few sprays and you'll be money.

Doesn't make my face look oily and it is "sweat proof". Works for me.

for people with flakes or dandruff issues use neutrogena tgel. it really works. use it every other day. cant go wrong.

Tried out emj body wash since so many ppl vouched for it. The cedarwood is the truth, the scent lasted literally all day. First day using it came home from work my wife asked if I had cologne on, nah just that cedarwood and some lotion.

Using the sandalwood now. I don't like it so much. The cedarwood is much stronger and lasts long.

I've used almost every men's soap/body wash product you can find in stores at least a few times.

The ones that I liked best (in no particular order):

-Every Man Jack (body wash)
-Dove Sensitive Skin (body wash)
-Dove for Men DEEP CLEAN (bar soap)
-Dr.Bronner's Peppermint Soap (liquid soap, hated it at first but grew to like it)

What I didn't like:
-Old Spice "Fiji" (body wash + bar soap. Too strong, doesn't work the best)
-Dial soap (OG)

I find the Dove for Men line to be the most versatile. You can't go wrong with any of the bar soaps or body wash from that line.

That's the shampoo I was talking about..I still stand by it and for razor bumps get "Nel's smoother skin cream" I dnt get razor bumps like that but my pops does he's been using it for yrs and his neck is pretty much spotless

What deodorant's yall using..my Dove for men isn't cutting it anymore

Old Spice started burning the skin off my armpits, literally. So what's the consensus on the most effective, aluminum-free, non-scented deoderant?

I ended up going back to dove & Dr Bronners

Every man jack is cool, but you gotta use a lot to lather well

Last edited:
hmm target still has every man jack products? i was using the blue one (forgot the name :lol: ) back in 09, and i liked it a lot. but after awhile they completely disappeared from my local targets. will have to do some hunting.

Back
Top Bottom