MentalKicks, Sole-Up (Air Randy), Kicksole, or Marqueesole for Concords

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say yours weren't bold, I said they aren't as bold as the legit pair. Plus the spacing of the "I" in "Nike" is off. The "R" in "Air" also looks like it's too far off to the side, but that could be the angle.

Do you live by a FC? That's the easiest way to shut everyone up. Even if they aren't the be all end all, if you really want to prove everyone wrong, take it there to and get a verdict.

Anyone who's arguing have a pair from a legitimate retailer? I sold mine (got an offer I couldn't refuse), but they were from Eastbay, so we could easily compare.
I posted my pair (with the receipt from finishline) and mine has just as many flaws or more than his pair...

There should be pretty much no spacing between the letters in Nike, and they are supposed to be bolder. Your heel also has too much padding. I have 2 pairs and they are both exactly the same way....
Here is DerangedSole's retail pair. Go back to page 10 to see the comparisons. Deranged pretty posted up some pretty damning evidence. Page 10

Last edited:
I can take a hundred pics from a hundred different angles and with a magnifying glass I'll find a million flaws, but my pair is from Finishline. Unless they have fakes from finishline quality control is a really slippery way of determining fakes...Not sticking up for anybody just being 100 percent objective. My pair looks more like ninjas in the padding to be honest. 

^exactly...da nitpicking here is at levels never

Seen before :smh:

Im starting to think a bunch of these characters

Came from ISS...

See how your ankle area actually has shape? There's actually an indentation and channel area for your achilles to lean up against. Ninja's is just uniformly padded throughout. Just overstuffed, without any variation or shape for the achilles. Not to mention, no creases on your pair.

See how your ankle area actually has shape? There's actually an indentation and channel area for your achilles to lean up against. Ninja's is just uniformly padded throughout. Just overstuffed, without any variation or shape for the achilles. Not to mention, no creases on your pair.
I see what you're talking about. I guess you really have to have an eye for it. To your credit you have been pretty spot on with even the most subtle differences. My pair came pre-creased near the ankle and elephant print (not terrible but bad enough to notice) most of my Jordan's have flaws right out of the box. I guess what I'm saying is it's not far fetched to think a retail pair like mine could have more flaws than a suspected "fake/unauthorized" pair. If that is the is the case can we tell what is real and what is fake solely on pictures? I mean I have some noticable flaws on my pair I'm sure if I said mine were from mentalkicks or whoever and showed all my unfavorable flaws and angles I'd fool everyone in here. It's just a really slippery slope because JB doesn't have amazing quality control and the counterfeiters are getting better with every shoe made. 

You're right...you really have to have an eye for it. There are always gonna be lots of flaws considering JB quality these days. But things like ankle shape, how the leather is cut, stitiching...a ton goes into being able to distinguish a retail pair from a grey market pair. Gone are the days where all fakes looked drastically different. Now they have access to similar and identical materials, so you mainly have to look at the overall execution. However, there are, a lot of times, common flaws that are exclusive to grey market sneakers. At first I couldn't tell the difference, but after doing a lot of research, and comparisons, a lot of us have "got an eye" for what's legit and what isn't. You have to be if you wanna buy from eBay, or from the classifieds on here. An even easier way to tell right off the bat is look at production dates. Often times that tells everything.

Well if thats da case, if me and a couple of goons

Knocked off a container ship that had a shipment

From nike going somewhere & we ended up selling

Em in da hood like stolen TV, you aint gonna call

Em "fake TV's"

I dont care about da distribution channels of sneakers, as long as my pair came from da same

Place where all my other pairs of kicks came from

Then there is no issue on my end.

And you being smart person knows that distribution

≠ authenticity. what matters is materials
I've copped things that 'fell off a truck' before, but it's always been much cheaper than retail! LOL. This is one of the benefits of having a Sasquatch foot, never having to wonder if kicks are bootleg or not...Ninja said pages ago "as far as he's concerned they are legit" so y'all beating a dead horse.

This is not about trying to convince Ninja...we all know that will never happen. 
laugh.gif
 Even if MentalKicks got shut down, and the owner came on here and said he was selling fakes like that SDS dude did a couple years ago. Ninja would still be saying..."nah cuz, they legit...end of story". It's more for everyone else that's trying to figure out this tricky topic, and reading this thread. 

Space jams that were made years later ≠ my 88

Jordan III's.

Your reaching is borderline sad.

I feel you. I was just quoting what Ninja said because it read like he knew they were suspect but, as far as he was CONCERNED they were legit. Might not be what he meant but that's what I took from it...

SDS admitted to stocking grey market pairs of

SPACE JAMS with scrap materials from cool greys

Not concords. I was here when it happened.. U wasnt.

Ask Zyzz, thats exactly what happened.

Yup, he admitted to me since me a long with 90% of NT were confused and shocked with the whole thing. I dont think he would have admitted it otherwise but i was pissed and got him to find out more info and he said they were made with spare parts from cool greys.

what else went down? not sure.

elaborate on this thought, so i can shut da rest of these folks up, cuz you're getting to my point.
getting to what point?? that they are unauthorized and made with slightly less attention to detail? or the point that you will ALWAYS fail to acknowledge this fact? lol i'm done wit dis cat b on da real tho he's such a clown

Exactly.

And if thats da way cats is judging kicks around here

Then its shame on them.
why is it's shame on dem b? da way da game b today b, u gots to know where dem kicks b comin from u know what im sayin? anyone who is WILLING to acknowledge the "unauthorized" market (aka not ninjahood) would definitely look at where the shoe came from to begin judgement. ninjahood, you seem happy paying resale for a shoe that's not limited to even gr numbers, so you can take people's advice or not and keep making these ill thought out decisions. if you look on youtube you will see dozens and dozens of mental kicks shoes on there, and MANY of the owners are actually making videos acknowledging what you simply REFUSE to... because you have too much lame pride or whatever the case may be. bottomline, any shoe from there is not a JB shoe. period. you can argue it all you want but even if the pair is nearly identical to a retail pair (which yours clearly isn't) it is still not an authentic air Jordan.

Exactly.

And if thats da way cats is judging kicks around here

Then its shame on them.
why is it's shame on dem b? da way da game b today b, u gots to know where dem kicks b comin from u know what im sayin? anyone who is WILLING to acknowledge the "unauthorized" market (aka not ninjahood) would definitely look at where the shoe came from to begin judgement. ninjahood, you seem happy paying resale for a shoe that's not limited to even gr numbers, so you can take people's advice or not and keep making these ill thought out decisions. if you look on youtube you will see dozens and dozens of mental kicks shoes on there, and MANY of the owners are actually making videos acknowledging what you simply REFUSE to... because you have too much lame pride or whatever the case may be. bottomline, any shoe from there is not a JB shoe. period. you can argue it all you want but even if the pair is nearly identical to a retail pair (which yours clearly isn't) it is still not an authentic air Jordan.
8d3ae_ORIG-f_yo_thread.gif

you talk too much b.

my pair looks better then pairs that came from finishline..i aint concerned with anything else as long as they legit pairs, dont care if they

came from legit source or not, and from 1 transaction i can't knock mental kicks at all..my pair looks glorious.
smokin.gif

Last edited:
LOLOL....everyone check this out. His left shoe on the left. My left shoe on the right. Just so Ninja can really see the difference. Because we all know he LOVES igoring it. That's some ******ed elephant print right there.
the whole toe is lopsided, yours is perfectly straight and flush. his ankle is also extremely low quality like they ran out of material for it or something. these kind of things wouldn't fly with an authentic JB pair. period. all these arguments about it could of came from here this that you don't know if it was made in the same factory, blah blah blah are irrelevant to the overall point of this argument. with all these arguments, one thing still remains true... without a doubt his pair is not what he thinks it is. anyone with a brain who looks at this issue would know.

Space jams that were made years later ≠ my 88

Jordan III's.

Your reaching is borderline sad.
you STILL not realizing that it's the exact same sort of deal with ALL these sites IS sad. way to play into the type of market these sites rely on to stay active. I think you're the type of person who it was made for

Reasonable logic escapes him, Anthracite....Ninja just don't get it. He's staring in awe at those counterfeit 17s like some voodoo magic is going on. He's all mesmerized by the briefcase and "peel off sticker". He has no idea the level that counterfeiting has gotten to. They can completely reverse engineer any sneaker. What's so hard about replicating a briefcase? Even more hilarious...what's so hard about replicating a DVD?  And the best part...why is he so impressed by a peel off sticker? It's just standard blue protective material that's widely available. Printing the words "peel off" on it is difficult? Why? If anything...these 17s shed even more light on what we all already knew what was going on. We've all seen the counterfeiting video on you tube that references these factories in China. They're so arrogant that they even say "We can replicate any shoe, just with pictures." But I don't think that's what's actually happening. They are most likely holding an authentic in their hands...and replicating them based on that live model, not pictures.

Umm replicatng? :lol: a decade plus old sneaker

That are mirror images of my pair sitting in my collection from 2001? Bootleggers dont have that

Type of expertise..

This is definitely authorized factories doing extra ****.

I cant find 1 thing that makes those XVII's different

Then mine.

So this whole "fake" term is grossly inaccurate way

Of describing whats happening.

LOLOLOL....oh man...ninja. Wow. It's so obvious what's going on. And there is no other explanation. Did you not see the video? Fake is the ONLY way to describe what's going on. It's called counterfeiting man. It's not that difficult a concept. The shoe is a DECADE old...EXACTLY. The only way to do it is through counterfeiting. Maybe they didn't have the expertise as you remember from "back in the day" when fake J's were priced at 69.99...but now they do have that expertise and have higher quality replica's and they're charging resell prices for them. If they priced them at 129.99 or whatever, no one would buy them because they would know that it's fishy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom