'Mexican boxers are better than Filipinos'

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

and what did he say wasnt true?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Mexico has a history of producing great boxers after great boxers. You can't say the same about the Philippines.

True but perhaps there are other avenue for Filipino fighters to pursue that are more prevelant, such as Kickboxing, Muy Thai, etc.
laugh.gif
 Ok so who are some top ranked Filipino Muay Thai fighters?

Who $$#%$%@ cares.
you're the one who made the point.  
laugh.gif

Mexico has a history of producing great boxers after great boxers. You can't say the same about the Philippines.

True but perhaps there are other avenue for Filipino fighters to pursue that are more prevelant, such as Kickboxing, Muy Thai, etc.
laugh.gif

Who $$#%$%@ cares.
laugh.gif

^ True, but the statement was that Mexico has better boxers. My understanding is that he meant present day, which I don't think is accurate.

^ True, but the statement was that Mexico has better boxers. My understanding is that he meant present day, which I don't think is accurate.

Not really a big deal to me, but I still think Marquez beat Pacquiao twice. He beat every other Mexican besides the one fight against Morales. He should have an easy win with Margarito, dude is just too damn slow.

Not really a big deal to me, but I still think Marquez beat Pacquiao twice. He beat every other Mexican besides the one fight against Morales. He should have an easy win with Margarito, dude is just too damn slow.

Originally Posted by dakid23

True I can name a bunch of Mexican boxers but only one Filipino
That's too bad.  Casual boxing fans only think/know of Manny as the only boxer that represents the Philippines.

Nonito Donaire.  Get familiar.

Originally Posted by dakid23

True I can name a bunch of Mexican boxers but only one Filipino
That's too bad.  Casual boxing fans only think/know of Manny as the only boxer that represents the Philippines.

Nonito Donaire.  Get familiar.

lol... i just came from the gym at that venue where the Barrera Bautista fight will be held.  Over here, they're making a big deal that Barrera is Marco Antonio's cousin or nephew or whatever..  
Anyway, yes I am filipino...  but Bautista sucks and has a bad attitude.  Yes Pacquiao, Nietes, and Donaire > most of the mexican boxers..   but also most of the mexican boxers > Bautista.  Yes I'm salty, and its personal for me, lol

lol... i just came from the gym at that venue where the Barrera Bautista fight will be held.  Over here, they're making a big deal that Barrera is Marco Antonio's cousin or nephew or whatever..  
Anyway, yes I am filipino...  but Bautista sucks and has a bad attitude.  Yes Pacquiao, Nietes, and Donaire > most of the mexican boxers..   but also most of the mexican boxers > Bautista.  Yes I'm salty, and its personal for me, lol

The Philippines has the top fighters right now and Mexico has a larger quantity. Mexico has so many fighters that anyone can be on the verge of becoming the next big fighter, whereas it's harder to say that about the Phillipines. Still, like Dako said those Filipinos on top could take most of the Mexican vets now.
Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

they produced the most but we produced the best

quality over quantity

You don't think Chavez,  Marquez  and De La Hoya  were/are quality?

The Philippines has the top fighters right now and Mexico has a larger quantity. Mexico has so many fighters that anyone can be on the verge of becoming the next big fighter, whereas it's harder to say that about the Phillipines. Still, like Dako said those Filipinos on top could take most of the Mexican vets now.
Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

they produced the most but we produced the best

quality over quantity

You don't think Chavez,  Marquez  and De La Hoya  were/are quality?

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif

Who $$#%$%@ cares.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif

Who $$#%$%@ cares.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom