'Mexican boxers are better than Filipinos'

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by quiickz

Philippines has 2 boxers in Top 5 P4P while Mexico has 1, though.

other than manny, which other boxer is in the top 5?
Nonito 
pimp.gif

Whatever.

I'm going to marry a Mexican chick and produce Filipino/Mexican kids to become boxers so they can dominate the rest of the world. Muahahahaha.
tongue.gif

Whatever.

I'm going to marry a Mexican chick and produce Filipino/Mexican kids to become boxers so they can dominate the rest of the world. Muahahahaha.
tongue.gif

^ dude iam exactly that mix and it anit happening, it truly does come down to punching conditioning and defense, well if you want to win anyways

^ dude iam exactly that mix and it anit happening, it truly does come down to punching conditioning and defense, well if you want to win anyways

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Mexico has a history of producing great boxers after great boxers. You can't say the same about the Philippines.

True but perhaps there are other avenue for Filipino fighters to pursue that are more prevelant, such as Kickboxing, Muy Thai, etc.
laugh.gif
 Ok so who are some top ranked Filipino Muay Thai fighters?

Who $$#%$%@ cares.
you're the one who made the point.  
laugh.gif

The point was, perhaps Filipino fighters pursued other fighting avenues as a result of them being more prevelant in their culture, wherein boxing is certainly the most predominant in Mexico.  So who +*+$*#! cares who these fighters are, but if perhaps they chose boxing there may be many more great Filipino boxers.

Also, weight classes play a role.  Filipino fighters tend to be on the smaller size in terms of weight classes, weights that may not get the pub that others do. 

Originally Posted by shogun

Mexico has a history of producing great boxers after great boxers. You can't say the same about the Philippines.

True but perhaps there are other avenue for Filipino fighters to pursue that are more prevelant, such as Kickboxing, Muy Thai, etc.
laugh.gif
 Ok so who are some top ranked Filipino Muay Thai fighters?

Who $$#%$%@ cares.
you're the one who made the point.  
laugh.gif

The point was, perhaps Filipino fighters pursued other fighting avenues as a result of them being more prevelant in their culture, wherein boxing is certainly the most predominant in Mexico.  So who +*+$*#! cares who these fighters are, but if perhaps they chose boxing there may be many more great Filipino boxers.

Also, weight classes play a role.  Filipino fighters tend to be on the smaller size in terms of weight classes, weights that may not get the pub that others do. 

Being from Cebu, I'm friends with most of the boxers here (except Bautista, can't stand that fool, lol)  But all of them have one thing in common.  They look up to Mexican boxers.  In their gym, there's a signed picture of Nacho Beristain with Bautista's manager.  Also, Ricardo Lopez is pretty much a GOD to them  (you casual boxing fans, google that name)  Well, he knocked out our coach too and sent him to retirent 
ohwell.gif
  During the Morales vs Pacquiao wars, more than half of the local boxers cheered for Morales.  

Being from Cebu, I'm friends with most of the boxers here (except Bautista, can't stand that fool, lol)  But all of them have one thing in common.  They look up to Mexican boxers.  In their gym, there's a signed picture of Nacho Beristain with Bautista's manager.  Also, Ricardo Lopez is pretty much a GOD to them  (you casual boxing fans, google that name)  Well, he knocked out our coach too and sent him to retirent 
ohwell.gif
  During the Morales vs Pacquiao wars, more than half of the local boxers cheered for Morales.  

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Btw, there are some Mexican fans that don't claim Oscar De La Hoya as a Mexican fighter.

only +%!@ like him here in Dallas. EVERY mexican was rooting for PBF when they fought.
Count me as a Mexican fan that does not consider him a Mexican fighter. I was rooting for PBF too.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Btw, there are some Mexican fans that don't claim Oscar De La Hoya as a Mexican fighter.

only +%!@ like him here in Dallas. EVERY mexican was rooting for PBF when they fought.
Count me as a Mexican fan that does not consider him a Mexican fighter. I was rooting for PBF too.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

I  rooted for  him against JCC
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
same...thats one of the reasons why a lot of Mexican fans look down on him because he beat an Idol

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
same...thats one of the reasons why a lot of Mexican fans look down on him because he beat an Idol

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

theres a reason why pac is called the mexicutioner...we only need one lol

ya'll need a nation, get your weight up, then maybe ya'll could fight a filipino again

theres a reason why pac is called the mexicutioner...we only need one lol

ya'll need a nation, get your weight up, then maybe ya'll could fight a filipino again

I like how Bautista carried himself with his comment.  Damn Manny stirred up some funk between Mexicans and Filipinos haha.  
Its all jokes with me and my mexican homies everytime there is a fight. Im Filipino.  I got love for my Mexican bros but, you

can't really say one race is better than the other. 

Back
Top Bottom