Miami Heat setting up excuses early.

Heat stars: We're behind on chemistry
By Kevin Arnovitz
ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Even as their principal players return to health, the Miami Heat readily acknowledge that they can't compete with the chemistry established by the Boston Celtics and other formidable rivals.

"We're way behind those guys," LeBron James said following the Heat's practice on Wednesday. "Just look at the number of games played, the number of playoff series those guys have had. We're only a few months in together -- 40-something-plus games. I've seen the statistics. Boston has like 250-plus games played together. We're way behind those teams."

The Heat, who acquired James and Chris Bosh in July to join Dwyane Wade in Miami, have played only 48 games together with that core of stars. In contrast, the Celtics' primary starters, a cast that includes Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo, were assembled in 2007. Other title contenders feature rosters of familiar faces, as well.

"You talk about Boston, you talk about Orlando or the Lakers, we're never going to catch those guys in experience," Dwyane Wade said.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra has stressed all season the importance of developing a common familiarity -- particularly among the Heat's primary scorers -- through meticulous preparation and the repetition that comes with the grind of the NBA season.

“There are some lineups we're playing right now that literally had not played together after 47 games.

Heat stars: We're behind on chemistry
By Kevin Arnovitz
ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Even as their principal players return to health, the Miami Heat readily acknowledge that they can't compete with the chemistry established by the Boston Celtics and other formidable rivals.

"We're way behind those guys," LeBron James said following the Heat's practice on Wednesday. "Just look at the number of games played, the number of playoff series those guys have had. We're only a few months in together -- 40-something-plus games. I've seen the statistics. Boston has like 250-plus games played together. We're way behind those teams."

The Heat, who acquired James and Chris Bosh in July to join Dwyane Wade in Miami, have played only 48 games together with that core of stars. In contrast, the Celtics' primary starters, a cast that includes Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo, were assembled in 2007. Other title contenders feature rosters of familiar faces, as well.

"You talk about Boston, you talk about Orlando or the Lakers, we're never going to catch those guys in experience," Dwyane Wade said.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra has stressed all season the importance of developing a common familiarity -- particularly among the Heat's primary scorers -- through meticulous preparation and the repetition that comes with the grind of the NBA season.

“There are some lineups we're playing right now that literally had not played together after 47 games.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

They are right though...

I don't remember KG, Allen, and PP saying similar things.

If they did, source?

As right as it is, it's pretty damn wack.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

They are right though...

I don't remember KG, Allen, and PP saying similar things.

If they did, source?

As right as it is, it's pretty damn wack.

I remember when LeBron was my favorite player.
30t6p3b.gif
I barely check for dude anymore.

he doesn't have enough help/chemistry will be the excuses when boston smashes them

he doesn't have enough help/chemistry will be the excuses when boston smashes them

indifferent.gif

Read only the actual quotes again and tell me if you think this is threadworthy. All they did was acknowledge that they don't have as much experience together as the other contending teams. It's just a basic fact.

indifferent.gif

Read only the actual quotes again and tell me if you think this is threadworthy. All they did was acknowledge that they don't have as much experience together as the other contending teams. It's just a basic fact.

don't think orlando is in the same boat as the lakers or celtics as far as chemistry. that trade mixed alot of things up

don't think orlando is in the same boat as the lakers or celtics as far as chemistry. that trade mixed alot of things up

Originally Posted by amel223

Didn't Boston win the championship the first year the big three was put together? 

eyes.gif
They didn't deal with any/many injuries as this Heat team has though.

Back
Top Bottom