Miami Heat setting up excuses early.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

As trivial as this thread may be, Lebron should be talking about how he's the best damn player on the planet and gonna do everything he can to make sure the Heat beats Boston in the playoffs than talking about not having as much chemistry.

Then we'd have articles written from CP and DubA about him being too confident for someone with no rings.

There's no compromise.
laugh.gif
Exactly.  To me, they're just making humble statements of how much they must continue to improve.

The most important thing about these statements is that they're made during the regular season, and therefore understandable.
If they said these things while down a game or two to the Celtics in the playoffs, THEN it would be setting up excuses.

Sooner or later the heat are gonna figure they dont need a guard out there to start the game
starting line up should be
G wade
G Miller/ Jones
F James
PF Bosh
C Zeke/ Akon looking center forgot his name

Make wade match up with the point guard / and lebron and wade will handle the ball for most of the game and Zeke, Miller, and jones will space the floor

I saw them play that line up once or twice and looked pretty good
Dont know why they feel they have to start a true point guard
72-10 bulls had Jordan and Harper in the back court.

Sooner or later the heat are gonna figure they dont need a guard out there to start the game
starting line up should be
G wade
G Miller/ Jones
F James
PF Bosh
C Zeke/ Akon looking center forgot his name

Make wade match up with the point guard / and lebron and wade will handle the ball for most of the game and Zeke, Miller, and jones will space the floor

I saw them play that line up once or twice and looked pretty good
Dont know why they feel they have to start a true point guard
72-10 bulls had Jordan and Harper in the back court.

Wade is right.

I'm a miami hater and I still think they have a shot to win it this year. In the end superstars can carry you in the playoffs and they have 2 1/2.

Boston will be tough and I won't count out the Lakers no matter how bad they look in January.

Wade is right.

I'm a miami hater and I still think they have a shot to win it this year. In the end superstars can carry you in the playoffs and they have 2 1/2.

Boston will be tough and I won't count out the Lakers no matter how bad they look in January.

I called this earlier this season, this would be the number 1 excuse if they didnt win.
They have a whole damn season together, chemistry should NOT be an issue come playoff time. Then again all these guys want to be girls and sit out with minor injuries, relying on the other 2 stars to pick up the slack.

I called this earlier this season, this would be the number 1 excuse if they didnt win.
They have a whole damn season together, chemistry should NOT be an issue come playoff time. Then again all these guys want to be girls and sit out with minor injuries, relying on the other 2 stars to pick up the slack.

IT might be true that they will always lack in terms of playing together, kinda like you will never be able to catch someone older than you in age.

But we all can't front it really does sound like "If we don't get a ring this year, you can attribute it to lack of playing together in comparison to Celtics, Lakers, ETC."

Everyone else was saying that MIA can't win this year because of the chemistry not being there, but it really seemed like the Heat thought it would be a little easier.

Just my input

IT might be true that they will always lack in terms of playing together, kinda like you will never be able to catch someone older than you in age.

But we all can't front it really does sound like "If we don't get a ring this year, you can attribute it to lack of playing together in comparison to Celtics, Lakers, ETC."

Everyone else was saying that MIA can't win this year because of the chemistry not being there, but it really seemed like the Heat thought it would be a little easier.

Just my input

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

I remember when LeBron was my favorite player.
30t6p3b.gif
I barely check for dude anymore.

+1 same here, and living down here you can't say anything negative about him or the team, because you'll be labeled a 'hater' or 'bitter'.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

I remember when LeBron was my favorite player.
30t6p3b.gif
I barely check for dude anymore.

+1 same here, and living down here you can't say anything negative about him or the team, because you'll be labeled a 'hater' or 'bitter'.

The expectations for the Miami Heat have been unfair from the start. Yes they have three "superstars" but it was unreasonable for NBA fans/analysts to think the Heat were going to eclipse Chicago's 72 wins or even win a championship the first year. I'd be more concerned if they didn't win it all next year. 

The expectations for the Miami Heat have been unfair from the start. Yes they have three "superstars" but it was unreasonable for NBA fans/analysts to think the Heat were going to eclipse Chicago's 72 wins or even win a championship the first year. I'd be more concerned if they didn't win it all next year. 

its not a huge excuse as it is just him trying to get people to lower expectations on them this year, which is not happening.
and i don't know what Bron, Wade and bosh were doing over the summer, but during that time in 2007, Ray, Pierce and KG were just hanging out and playing/practicing together so that by the time they got to training camp, they'd be clicking on all cylinders to begin the year, which is going to make that "chemisty" seem like its been there the whole time, not like its been the first year of them playing like the Heat have shown so far.

its not a huge excuse as it is just him trying to get people to lower expectations on them this year, which is not happening.
and i don't know what Bron, Wade and bosh were doing over the summer, but during that time in 2007, Ray, Pierce and KG were just hanging out and playing/practicing together so that by the time they got to training camp, they'd be clicking on all cylinders to begin the year, which is going to make that "chemisty" seem like its been there the whole time, not like its been the first year of them playing like the Heat have shown so far.

Originally Posted by amel223

Didn't Boston win the championship the first year the big three was put together? 

eyes.gif

with the help of big D Stern... refs allowed them to play that street defense all that year and we all remember game 2 of the finals.....smh

im sick and tired of my fellow laker fans bashing the heat. worry bout ur own damn team man... we suck right now!

the celtics are the only team that the heat wouldnt be able to beat in a 7 game series. thats it.

Originally Posted by amel223

Didn't Boston win the championship the first year the big three was put together? 

eyes.gif

with the help of big D Stern... refs allowed them to play that street defense all that year and we all remember game 2 of the finals.....smh

im sick and tired of my fellow laker fans bashing the heat. worry bout ur own damn team man... we suck right now!

the celtics are the only team that the heat wouldnt be able to beat in a 7 game series. thats it.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

pretty much. And I'm sure if Riley came in they would win... but who wants to put in all that work?

Can't wait to see them get knocked out of the playoffs.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

pretty much. And I'm sure if Riley came in they would win... but who wants to put in all that work?

Can't wait to see them get knocked out of the playoffs.

I am not sure how you can compare the Celtics to the heat. For one KG is better than Bosh. Number 2 Paul Pierce will ALWAYS been the leader for the Celtics Ray Allen could NEVER be the leader. On the Heat you have 2 potential leaders in Lebron and Wade both can manage the game and do most of the offensive work. Ray Allen's role on the celtics is more of a role player big shot guy he isnt needed to manage the game. Lebron and Wade are 2 SUPERSTARS who are expected to control the ball for the majority of the games (thats what both were doing before this season for their teams).

I am not sure how you can compare the Celtics to the heat. For one KG is better than Bosh. Number 2 Paul Pierce will ALWAYS been the leader for the Celtics Ray Allen could NEVER be the leader. On the Heat you have 2 potential leaders in Lebron and Wade both can manage the game and do most of the offensive work. Ray Allen's role on the celtics is more of a role player big shot guy he isnt needed to manage the game. Lebron and Wade are 2 SUPERSTARS who are expected to control the ball for the majority of the games (thats what both were doing before this season for their teams).

so will they ever be able to bring in solid back ups and stay under the salary cap considering they have wade's, lebron's, and bosh's contracts?

so will they ever be able to bring in solid back ups and stay under the salary cap considering they have wade's, lebron's, and bosh's contracts?

Back
Top Bottom